Big Bodacious Hair Pics

CHAKA!!!

Chaka1-vi.jpg

Chaka2-vi.jpg

chaka3-vi.jpg

Chaka4-vi.jpg

Geez Netta, I was just gonna ask you to come to this thread to show us you fabbo hair. LOL...it's not just stars.

I'm glad you did cuz I was gonna do it myself or ask you to! I know your hair will be a big hit! ;) It's totally bodacious dude!

O EM GEEE. Floor length!

Those are the original micro braids. I wonder how long that took. I wonder if those are men or women. I wonder if there's added hair in there. I wonder what their edges look like (because those braids must be HEAVY). I wonder why they put them in.

O EM GEEE. Floor length!

Those are the original micro braids. I wonder how long that took. I wonder if those are men or women. I wonder if there's added hair in there. I wonder what their edges look like (because those braids must be HEAVY). I wonder why they put them in.

I think they are men. I'm not sure where they are from, but those tiny braids on men seem to be more an East African thing. They remind me of the Masaai style, tho MUCH longer.

They took days and the men would lay down flat and sleep while it was being done. :grin:

But really I could have easily posted all of the Cosby Kids they had great hair!!!

Attachments

• lisabonet.jpg
    lisabonet.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 48
  • lisa-bonet-sized.jpg
    lisa-bonet-sized.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 47
  • keishaknightpulliamrudy1.jpg
    keishaknightpulliamrudy1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Zoe.jpg
    Zoe.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 64
hair1lg.jpg

Trying to find more from the mother country.

Miriam Makeba actually wore this style sometime in the late 70s-early 80s. It's very ancient and called Fouta Djallon Peul. It's more of a W. African style than S. African....and is a serious work of hair art. It's a combo of techniques: braiding, threading (the arc), and molding w/ clays/oils.

Last edited:
Natty Dreds and beautiful braids fo yo (men's edition) Part 1

Beenie Man (Moses Davis)
beenie.jpg

Beenie+Man+BeenieManetsembletil.jpg

beenie.jpg

2b1aac4eadf7199a
0d25c236199b3a1c

beenie_man.jpg

287.jpg

Buju Banton (Mark Anthony Myrie)
pic_buju_banton.jpg

BUJU_BANTON_97_01Cs.jpg

buju%20banton%20web%202.jpg

Buju%20Banton.jpg
Buju+Banton.jpg

Sean Paul (Henriques)
seanpaul1.jpg

seanpaul_main.jpg

seanPaulHairstyle.jpg

sean_paul_anthony_m.jpg
SeanPaulCornrowsHairstyle4.jpg
SeanPaulCornrowsHairstyle5.jpg

Last edited:
I just wanna say that I'm putting in all these men for a reason...their hair is very good inspo because it's very attainable, esp for most natural women since the men are natural too. Even the celeb men have hair that most Black women can attain.

Unfortunately, BM have the lion's share of Black great hair these days because they don't suffer from the dual pressures of straightness AND length. If you look closely at the braided ones, most of them have beautiful braids w/o being too tight and when their hair is straight, it's pressed. These guys show us what good care can do...it can grow and be beautiful w/ a bit of common sense and a light hand! :)

THANKS GUYS! I haven't gotten through the whole thread yet but I too get so discouraged when it seems like the majority of people think straight is beautiful. I went and got me a "french refined" weave to install because I thought my natural hair wasn't cutting it anymore. But now I'm ashamed at myself. This thread has inspired me to rock my natural hair, as big and as coily and as "ethnic" as it wants to get... well after I take my weave out, I paid too much for the hair to turn back now...
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!

girl his hair :drool:

sick!!!!!!

Real's hair is INSANE...it's shiney, it's black, it's in perfect condition, and it's super long in its curled or straightened state. In short, I want it! :grin::grin::yep::yep::lick::lick: I don't know if his texture is 3 or 4, tbh, but it does show the potential many BW have for hair. After all, we have similar genetics. ;) Isn't not about mere length, but also condition. He shows us how to do long right! :grin:

You can tell he totally babys it and has for forever. Chance also has beautiful hair, tho he keeps it short. One thing I love about both Real and Snoop is how they change it up, yet keep it tight and right. If Real sold hair products, I'd sure buy 'em! (I wonder if they are members here since we do have a few fellas?)

Snoop's transition from the curl was interesting to see. He simply let it dry up and wore braids/fros. Neither of them wear small plaits I've noticed. Xzbit is another guy who does the same and has great hair.

Xzibit (Alvin Nathaniel Joiner)..he rocked braids for years (until recently) and kept his original hairline! :yep:

and son
xzibittreymayne.jpg

xzibit9dw.jpg

xzibit-4.jpg

Rapper-Xzibit.jpg

xzibit02.jpg

loose
xzibit3jd1.jpg

xzibit-6.jpg

Jade is someone who looks FAR better w/ both her natural texture and color than otherwise. This isn't true for everyone, but Jade is a great example of one that it is true for.

DSC_8723.jpg

What's her last name? She's very pretty. I have a niece who looks
just like her at 4 years old. I wonder if she will look like this as an adult.

Real (Ahmad Givens)...my hair inspo! :grin: I'mma sucker for BM w/ long hair in case you couldn't tell, esp if it's theirs! ;)

6317211092a7391756094l.jpg

s_047365f3216c409980d6702c063df316.jpg

Although I find men with long hair nice to look at, that's just way too much hair in MY brush for either one of us to have a happy co-existence
. :nono:

ME TOO! And Real's hair is ridiculously beautiful.:love3: He is my new hair inspiration!
Mods, I think you should remove the fake big bodacious hair ladies and then make this a "big bodacious" sticky, to remind us all just how awesome and long our natural hair can grow!
Great thread OP, thanks for starting it!...now let me go dig out some of my BB hair pics!

Thank you PinkSkates, I would love for this to be a sticky. :yep:

:nono: When bad perms happen to ugly people. :look: Or did his relaxer grow out in jail. Because those ends are straighter than the frizz underneath. :spinning:

That's a wig chile...a bad one. The man's bald as an egg and was even in the 60s. He was touped up like Frank Sinatra even in his youth! :lachen:

DSC_8723.jpg

What's her last name? She's very pretty. I have a niece who looks
just like her at 4 years old. I wonder if she will look like this as an adult.

Jade Cole..she's she VERY pretty, but when she was on the show, Tyra had her hair dyed bright yellow blonde and cut super short, NOT a good look :rolleyes::look::ohwell: Jade was VERY bitter about it, but you can see why!

She has such a delicate exotic type of beauty, it was a shame to see Tyra trying to turn her into a mall rat.

Last edited:
Back