BET Special on Hair

Country gal

Is anyone watching it? Shocking that BET actually has a show I would want to watch. They are discussing natural hair. Some of the women are saying natural hair to them is not pretty unless it is straight or wavy not kinky. You also have women on the show that have embraced their natural hair. I wonder if Niko's cousins are on the show.

Are you talking of BET Black Entertainment Television? LOL Cause all I see is Soul Plane =/... could this be because I'm in Canada? grr I would love to see that.

there HAS to be some of niko's kin on it! i probably wouldnt recognize their face but if the camera does a back of head shot, i'd recognize em instantly!:lachen:

Are you talking of BET Black Entertainment Television? LOL Cause all I see is Soul Plane =/... could this be because I'm in Canada? grr I would love to see that.

As soon as I saw Country Gal's post I turned to BET and all I'm seeing is Soul Plane also (and I'm in Maryland). Maybe it's on TVOne. I'll check there next. The show sounds interesting.

In Canada too...maybe they will re-broadcast it. Can you tell us the name of the show?

At first, I caught the men in the baber shop talking and I thought I am not going to watch no barber shop reality show. :grin:

Shucks... whats it called.. I might have to go to the TV with satellite and the american channels to find it.. grr hopefully its not done by the time I catch it lol.

OT but there are more than two BETs?

it is on BETJ the jazz BET channel not regular BET

it's the Shorts that they always play.

The hair one is gone off now and it's one on about thhis 35 year old natural woman who wants to get married and can't find a man... called the Wedding Proposal

So it went off already. Good thing I recorded it. It seems to me they only showed naturals with locks or BC. What about naturals like me who have some texture and thickness. I hate when the documentaries try to show the extremes. I didn't see one puff.

i found it but now it is a story about a wedding proposal :ohwell: i will keep checking the station now they will prob re-air it. thanks for the heads up.

I just missed it. But "The Wedding Proposal" is interesting. I'll check back another day for the hair one.

So it went off already. Good thing I recorded it. It seems to me they only showed naturals with locks or BC. What about naturals like me who have some texture and thickness. I hate when the documentaries try to show the extremes. I didn't see one puff.

you know what? that is what shows do. like if it was about length, they'd have like 3 ear length women, and 2 bsl plus. what about the ones whose hair is "too short to be long, too long to be short" ya know?

if it was about skin tone it'd be alek wek vs. tisha campbell. what about jennifer hudson?

if it was about guy's looks it'd be eddie murphy vs boris kodjoe...ok you get the point...:lachen:

Back