Best treatment for dealing with new growth.

VelvetRain

I am currently fighting with my new growth
mad.gif
and have four more weeks to go until a relaxer touch up. I am currently using John Frieda relax serum and this is not working as well as it used to. What's the best treatment you use for dealing with new growth?

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo detangles my hair like a dream when I have a ton of new growth. Mango butter and coconut oil, a bun, and a scarf help keep it soft and smooth!

I use Profectiv RootHealth and Castor oil and when my newgrowth gets really tough I pull out Sta So Fro.

Nexxus Humectress on my ends and S-Curl every other day on my new growth has really helped considering that i am 13 wks. post relaxer and have 3 more to go.

daily C/O washes.
Also, have you tried the coconut milk natural relaxer? I haven't tried this, but I know that a lot of people on this board have with great results.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I use Profectiv RootHealth and Castor oil and when my newgrowth gets really tough I pull out Sta So Fro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna second the RootHealth. Works best for me if I use it as a leave-in on damp hair. It makes my hair really soft and moisturized
smile.gif

You may wanna try giving the new growth a spritz with Better Braids UNBRAID spray.
smile.gif
It'll soften and detangle like nobody's business.

Detangling Cons:
Keracare Humecto
L.U.S.T

Poo: CON

To get a smooth bun....IC Fantastia SHINE worked for me this last time I went to 11 weeks, plus a leavein con mixed with oil

Specifically, Coconut oil on the length and sometimes an oil mixture I mixed up from this site for my scalp

I tried the coconut milk minus the lime juice , it worked great for me @ 9-10 weeks
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
You may wanna try giving the new growth a spritz with Better Braids UNBRAID spray.
smile.gif
It'll soften and detangle like nobody's business.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have this product I will have to give it a try.
smile.gif

a product that's hard to find but great to use....
LIZ AND DAUGHTER just like a perm cream press....it's awesome!!!!!!!

Usually coconut oil does the trick but...last week I had to break out the SCurl!
laugh.gif
Anyway, I still haven't had a chance to try the Better Braids UNBRAID spray yet.
ohwell.gif

Back