Best pressing creme?

laketta

For those who press type 4a/4b hair from natural, what do you use to press your hair with? I do not like the greasy feeling plain hair grease gives when I press with it. I am looking for something that wont weight the hair down.

I like using redkin smooth down heat glide w/ a smear of ultra sheen satin press cream. This usually works for a press or flat iron for me.

Now I like using Virgin oil de coco creme with a smidgen of Dudley's Creme Press and Blue Magic Pressing Oil on the ends...my hair turned out so smooth and silky it has to be the coconut oil though...not greasy at all.

Although I was permed at the time, I used something called Ultra Sheen Satin Creme Press for rollersetting. my hair used to straight up bling. I have a pic in my "Throwback Album" that showed the result of me using it. I am sorry that it is now discontinued. I hope you find the effective pressing creme, Laketta. BTW: when the heck did you grow all that hair? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
Although I was permed at the time, I used something called Ultra Sheen Satin Creme Press for rollersetting. my hair used to straight up bling. I have a pic in my "Throwback Album" that showed the result of me using it. I am sorry that it is now discontinued. I hope you find the effective pressing creme, Laketta. BTW: when the heck did you grow all that hair? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif It is slowly creeping down my back. But it seemed to have picked up some speed the second half of this year. I am still trying to get to brastrap wihich I am 2.5 inches away and that seems to be taking forever. I cut some of it in october after I pressed it and it has grown back already. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully I will be at BS by june of next year.

I used to use Dudley's Creme Press or Ultra Sheen Creme Satin Press. The Ultra Sheen was best used on wet hair. I'd then blowdry it with a comb attachment and press it with a flatiron or straightening comb.

A suggestion: If you're deciding between olive or coconut oil, go with the coconut oil. It doesn't leave a burnt smell in the hair like olive oil does.

I use liquid oils to press my hair.

My hair dresser uses Dudley's Creme Press on my hair when she presses it. It is always very light and bouncy when she's finished...

My hair dresser uses Dudley's Creme Press on my hair when she presses it. It is always very light and bouncy when she's finished...

On the rare occassions I do have my hair straightened this is what my friend uses, the results are very nice.

Back