• Silk Elements

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Motions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other-Please specify.

Votes: 17 24.6%

• Total voters

Barbie83

For lye-relaxed ladies, which are the best brands? How are they on your scalp? What ingredients/tips can you share to get the best results?

Thanks in advance!

I liked Silk Elements. It was great, but I agree with jaszymeen.
You should do a search on here for this. This topic has been discussed a lot, so you might not get too many responses in this thread.

I voted for Affirm. I use the Fibergaurd Lye. I used the Mizani BB Lye my last relaxer and was happy with the results, but it still not better than Affirm imo. The Mizani also left me with a few chemical burns.

Last edited:
I voted other. I have used all of the above at some point or another. But ORS is the best for me.

Silk Element for me! I have never burned using this and received very little to no breakage during and after the process.

I just relaxed virgin natural hair with Vitale Life & Body and I'm loving the results so far!
I almost tried this one after reading an Ex member's fotki about it. (Southerngirl) But at that point I was faithful to Affirm and didn't want to switch.

I loved my results from Linange Lye relaxer except- it burned bad..left sores and lost hair from the scabs...also hair doesn't respond to moisturizing as well after about 3 weeks- now I think it was from air-drying..I love the not so bone straight texture.

I voted for Mizani...but Mizani butter blends (to be more specific) is the BEST lye relaxer that I have ever used!

before LHCF i was bone straight relaxed and i always used no-lye relaxer (soft and beautiful then ORS). since being here, i have read numerous posts on lye relaxers and wanted to investigate. after reading pages of posts on the benefits of lye and no-lye relaxers for texlaxing, i decided to try one out to see if i could combat the dryness and frizziness i was experiencing with the no-lye for my texlaxes.

i tried silk elements lye relaxer for the first time yesterday, and let me tell you, i noticed a difference immediately. lovin it. my new growth came out wavy instead of frizzy and it's so shiny and strong (mixed tablespoon of olive oil in the relaxer, and based my hair with conditioner and proclaim 7 oil to prevent over processing of older texlaxed hair). i have officially converted. no more no-lye for me. i will use silk elements for the next treatments, but i am very interested in trying mizani butter blends in the future.

Hawaiian Silky MILD!!

I washed my hair the day before. no burns and my hair came out great (i texlaxed it)

DE is usally what I use b/c I dont relax often maybe 3-4x/yr, I wanna try MBB but dont wanna have a tub of relaxer that may go old.

I have used Mizani and Affirm this time around. I notice that original Mizani Lye seems to be more moisturizing but gives a more bone straight texture. Whereas Affirm straightens the hair, but leaves more body and less moisture.

I think I'm liking the Affirm now.

I love se in the green jar ( olive oil I think. Sorry not being specific. I am not home where I can double check on the type of se relaxer.)

Tried it with the 2 min aphogee keratin treatment last week and it came out so beautiful. I am quite pleased with it.

Back