Best kiss-off text messages?

Glib Gurl

I'm thinking of something along the lines of... "You won't bother yourself to call, so neither will I. Have a nice life."

"THIS is why you will always be in therapy."

(Honestly I'm not planning on doing any of this. Not my style at all. But if felt good just to type that in.)

None. Silence says more than words can sometimes.

SN: Texting someone to say you're not going to call sounds rather foolish.

I mean, men know exactly what they're doing. So like when you respond back all *sassafras and angry like, you just look sad to them. They're expecting it. They're like whatever. Keep in mind they've already been a jerk, hence the reason why you're pissed at them in the first place.

OP, have you had a lot of experience with men? I notice a lot of your posts tend to be "How to" questions. Wait, or maybe you're writing a book on the collective lives of the women on the lhcf!

So what does your gut tell you to doin this situation?

*it just sounded cool to use.

OP, have you had a lot of experience with men? I notice a lot of your posts tend to be "How to" questions.

Honestly, I haven't had much experience of any sort that didn't involve school or work. My parents really did a number on me. In their efforts to keep me safe, they kept my world very small when I was younger. Now that I'm a grown woman, I still stay in that small cage the only difference is that the prisoner has now become the guard :nono: (Sort of like those experiments when they had an invisible boundary that "shocked" dogs when they ventured beyond its limits ... even once the bounds were gone, the dogs still stayed within its parameters.)

there is no point to a kiss off text message. it's just another way to give him a chance to explain and redeem himself. it's like saying "this is your last chance to beg me back" and if he wanted to be there in the first place you (general you) wouldnt be in this situation to begin with.

no such thing.

the best and only kiss-off is simple: stop talking to them.

period.

let it go---no contact. no texts. no calls. no social media. zip. zilch. nada.

but that's if you sincerely want to end, separate, need space or move on from the relationship. however, if you're tryna play games a man will read it like a book. don't want to start that pattern or you'll be sorry later......

Another vote on silence. I have sent a msg like that I'm sure and felt real silly when "I" got no response.

I agree with everyone. Sending a kiss off text is a thinly veiled attempt at getting a guy to respond and explain negative behavior,apologize,say what a fool he has been, etc.

If you are truly over him and want to move on, then eliminate all contact.

I agree with everyone. Sending a kiss off text is a thinly veiled attempt at getting a guy to respond and explain negative behavior,apologize,say what a fool he has been, etc.

If you are truly over him and want to move on, then eliminate all contact.

Honestly, I'm not over him. But I know that this is what I need to do for my well being. You are right, though. He is a punk and I will just be rewarded with silence. Even though I am seriously due an explanation. ARGH.

Thanks for your insights ladies.

This completely and totally sucks.

Honestly, I'm not over him. But I know that this is what I need to do for my well being. You are right, though. He is a punk and I will just be rewarded with silence. Even though I am seriously due an explanation. ARGH.

Why don't think of something to do every time you think of texting him? When i broke up with my bf, I literally saw his name everywhere and thought of a reason to text him. Every time you get the urge, do ten jumping jacks or something super banal such as going to wash your hands.

I am very flip at the mouth and will say something flippant in a heartbeat. But I have to know the full situation or at least what you want to say or his last text for an effective remark lol.

It may sound like it would make you feel good to day something super witty and sassy. But if 1. He doesn't respond or 2. He responds with something like "lol ok" then you're gonna feel worse than you feel now. It's not worth it glib. Just let it go

Team no contact here.

Funny thing is, they always call back...eventually.

He's texted once and called 3 times. I followed everyone's advice and ignored all contact.

I feel vindicated.

(Almost feel halfway sorry for dude. But then I remind myself WHY I'm not responding and feel better.)

Thanks everyone!

Honestly, I haven't had much experience of any sort that didn't involve school or work. My parents really did a number on me. In their efforts to keep me safe, they kept my world very small when I was younger. Now that I'm a grown woman, I still stay in that small cage the only difference is that the prisoner has now become the guard :nono: (Sort of like those experiments when they had an invisible boundary that "shocked" dogs when they ventured beyond its limits ... even once the bounds were gone, the dogs still stayed within its parameters.)

:bighug::ohwell::sad:

Nothing hurts the most than being ignored . It screams "you don't mean anything to me ,so much that I won't even bother to text you back " .

Men respond to No Contact.

I read it in why men love B....'s. And I've employed it enough times to know that it works.

I saw your subsequent post and saw that you didn't respond but just wanted to touch on this. There is nothing that he can say that will give you peace. Doesn't matter what happened. The validation that you are craving will not come from him but will eventually come when you are with at complete peace that what happened is done and the future is yours to enjoy. Put that wrong man in the history books and save your energy for the right one that is coming.

I saw your subsequent post and saw that you didn't respond but just wanted to touch on this. There is nothing that he can say that will give you peace. Doesn't matter what happened. The validation that you are craving will not come from him but will eventually come when you are with at complete peace that what happened is done and the future is yours to enjoy. Put that wrong man in the history books and save your energy for the right one that is coming.

Men respond to No Contact.

I read it in why men love B....'s. And I've employed it enough times to know that it works.

Yes! I have learned two things from past relationships:

1). Silence speaks louder than words.
Drives men nuts. Me too if I am honest. Hard not to cuss him, pour my heart out, or tell him how to change. But none of that is as loud as silence.

2) You have to accept the apology that you'll never get. Some guys will never give you the apology/explanation that you deserve and you have to be ok with that.

Thanks for this. I appreciate it.

2) You have to accept the apology that you'll never get. Some guys will never give you the apology/explanation that you deserve and you have to be ok with that.

Holla - One clarifying question - do you mean accept that I'll never get an apology? Or accept that the attempts to reach out IS the apology...?

Back