Votes: 113 24.2%
  • Thermasilk

Votes: 18 3.9%
  • Biosilk

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 176 37.7%

• Total voters
I have decided that my fave is the Fantasia IC Heat Protectant Spray (Pink) I like that better than Silken Seal /Heat Glide , any other one I have ever tried, thats why Im gettin rid of my silken seal so quick :lol:

KhandiB said:
I have decided that my fave is the Fantasia IC Heat Protectant Spray (Pink) I like that better than Silken Seal /Heat Glide , any other one I have ever tried, thats why Im gettin rid of my silken seal so quick :lol:

I agree. It is so much better and CHEAPER!!!! I prefer the serum over the sprays of both brands, but I love that the cheaper one is better.

The Keracare Silken Seal spray even smells kinda funny. :perplexed

Im tryin to sell it :lol:

HoneyDew said:
I agree. It is so much better and CHEAPER!!!! I prefer the serum over the sprays of both brands, but I love that the cheaper one is better.

The Keracare Silken Seal spray even smells kinda funny. :perplexed

KhandiB said:
Im tryin to sell it :lol:

oops! :lol:

Well, I must say this - there are many ladies on the board that swear by it and love Silken Seal.

At one time, it was the ONLY serum I would use until I realized I could not afford it on a regular basis. :D I have a bottle of it in my cabinet (along with all my PJ other stuff, as you saw :D ) that I mix with other serums to get more use out of it.

ShaniKeys said:
I voted for my all time favorite: Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide! That thing is amazing, I just love it. It leaves your hair shiny, almost glazed, WONDERFUL:D

I used this on Saturday for the first time and it worked really well for me. Very shiny hair. Nice :p

MissFallon said:
:lol: This is the same store I get my products from. I work on 44th and go browse the store on my lunch break sometimes.

Good god. I do the same thing! I work on 45th and Lex and go crosstown to Beauty 35 when I think I can squeeze a few more minutes out of my lunch hour:cool:

I bought like three heat protectants today because I couldn't decide which one to get. I got the Redken but not the smooth heat glide. The one I have says it is a heat protectant. I bought Biolage's heat protectant and some other brand. I can't make up my mind and I need to do my hair tomorrow for Christmas.

FineChyna said:
i used to use joico k-pak line and this stuff was the truth

da_1_b.JPG

JOICO - K PAK RECONSTRUCT LEAVE IN PROTECT

this is what the new bottle looks like
kpak_protectant_lg.jpg

the stuff was feather light, smelled good and after i finsihed blow drying there was NO hair in the comb at all.
i never tried the stuff without using the other joico products but i really really loved that stuff. i wish i could find the shampoo and conditioner otherwise i would continue to use the line

this is what the website says:
K-PAK Leave-In Protectant

Designed for: damage prevention

Benefits:
This weightless, foaming leave-in protectant, featuring K-PAK's Keratin Silicone Complex finalizes the reconstruction process by sealing the cuticle and providing thermal and environmental protection to the hair.

Detangles, adds shine, conditions, eliminates static, and protects and repairs cuticle damage.
http://www.joico.com/html/np_productdetail.php?CatID=17

COSIGN!!!!!!!!! I love the Leave-In Protectant!

I didn't vote because, I've only tried Ion Heat Protectant and it made my hair feel very hard. I just don't like it so I'm going to sell it. If, anyone is interested in purchasing the Ion Heat Protectant please pm me. Payments accepted via paypal. Willing to sell for $3.50 full bottle.

I'll read the rest of the responses and see if I can find one that will work for my hair.

Nella said:
I didn't vote because, I've only tried Ion Heat Protectant and it made my hair feel very hard. I just don't like it so I'm going to sell it. If, anyone is interested in purchasing the Ion Heat Protectant please pm me. Payments accepted via paypal. Willing to sell for $3.50 full bottle.

I'll read the rest of the responses and see if I can find one that will work for my hair.

Did you buy your Ion Protectant at Sally's? Because you can return products there, used or unused, with or without a receipt. If you don't have a receipt, they'll give you store credit, so you could exchange it for something else. :)

Out of all the heat protectants I've used, I think the Fantasia IC pink heat protector serum is my favorite. :yep:

I havent used one yet, but I'm going to try the fantasia serum because it's so inexpensive...if no luck I'll try redken.

I love the CHI Silk Infusion because it kept my hair straight for six days despite moisture in the air from heavy rain here, but it SO expensive ($13.00 for two ounces!!!). I bought the Fantasia IC(Pink bottle) yesterday, used it, flat-ironed, wrapped my hair for the night, and today, my ponytail feels like a fresh pack of human hair weave!!!!

Last edited:
pistachio said:
I love the CHI Silk Infusion because it kept my hair straight for six days despite moisture in the air from heavy rain here, but it SO expensive ($13.00 for two ounces!!!). I bought the Fantasia IC(Pink bottle) yesterday, used it, flat-ironed, wrapped my hair for the night, and today, my ponytail feels like a fresh pack of human hair weave!!!!

I love the Fantasia IC. I like it better than the CHI alone. Girl, try mixing them! :love: I put a little of the Chi in my hand with the Fantasia IC. It helps the CHI last longer and the effects are :eek: :)

My hair hates fantaisa ic in the pink bottle. everytime i use it makes my hair break while combing. Lately I haven't been using anything before flat ironing except ors olive oil in the jar :perplexed I know i need something better, I just haven't found it yet.

HoneyDew said:
I love the Fantasia IC. I like it better than the CHI alone. Girl, try mixing them! :love: I put a little of the Chi in my hand with the Fantasia IC. It helps the CHI last longer and the effects are :eek: :)

This is interesting!:scratchch

I love my CHI, but I still have some IC left. IC was a bit heavy for my hair but I may do this just to get rid of it. It may balance out in the end.

Thanx!

Didn't vote. Used the Chi Silk Infusion and it's cool but don't know if it's the best for my hair. I have a bottle of Biolage Smoothing Serum that I'm going to give a try.

B000BL2JPC.01-A3JHT1U3QMO9EG._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V44047008_.jpg

Product Description
Biolage Smoothing Serum provides allover weightless smoothing and glossy shine. So uniquely advanced, it leaves hair feeling light and clean with maximum frizz control, heat, and humidity protection.

for flat ironing i pick the Elasta qp curl wax. shine , not greasy and hair had body afterwards and straight like i got a fresh relaxer

I love the Chi Silk Infusion, but when I go to my stylisht she uses both the CHI and something by Nairobi...(off topic: by the way does anyone know where I can get Nairobi products?)

Back