Best curl enhancers?

Sequoiaji

I'm trying to perfect the "wash and go" look for the summer, but nothing seems to work. So far I've tried Dream Curls, Dep Curl Cream Gel, and Citre Shine curling cream. All have left my hair hard and crunchy! I follow Tracy's instructions also. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking about trying Beyond the Zone Noodlehead
smile.gif
tia

Oh, I'm relaxed, if that helps
smile.gif

Let's Jam gel. Some people hate it, but I my hair always looked fantastic when using this...and a little mousse (Pantene's Curl Mousse).

Does your hair have curl already? Because if not, you may wind up with stringy lookin' hair. This began happening to my hair once it was processed to straight by the perm.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Let's Jam gel. Some people hate it, but I my hair always looked fantastic when using this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that suggestion, Karonica!! I have a big tub of this stuff in the back of my cabinet... I'm going to take it on vacation with me and use it on my wash 'n go!!
up.gif

(The Dream Curls is ok, but yep, it does leave the hair hard if you use a lot of it...
ohwell.gif
)

I have a relaxer and I too used all of the things you mentioned, they are all gathering dust. I like ISO Bouncy Creme, it's a creme texturizer that give you soft hair and it adheres to your natural wave/curl pattern. I love to use it when I wash and condition my hair. I scrunch my curls into place while using my blowdryer with the diffuser. You will be so pleased with your results.

One thing about the Jam, it will not dry out your hair (well, it's NEVER done that to mine at all) and your hair will look like it is well moisturized. Once I get bored with my flip, I'm gonna see if it'll work on my short hair. Hopefully the relaxed part that's left isn't too straight.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
One thing about the Jam, it will not dry out your hair (well, it's NEVER done that to mine at all) and your hair will look like it is well moisturized.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.gif
... That's exactly what I need, cuz my main issue with the wash 'n go look is that when it dries, it LOOKS dry!!
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've tried the Noodlehead... it worked pretty well, but as the day went on, it left my hair feeling kindy "crunchy" like gel does. I'll use it for "spot" definition if need be, but I'm not gonna put it all over again... I don't like that crunch factor.

I still use John Frieda Dream Curls but I also use Ouidad Climate Control Gel ALL the time now too.

I love them both. I am so suprised at how often I hear it makes people's hair hard!! I NEVER goes hard on me...unless I spray it on my hair when it's dry or half dry. I use it soaking wet and my airdried hair feels like SILK.

I still use John Frieda Dream Curls but I also use Ouidad Climate Control Gel ALL the time now too.

I love them both. I am so suprised at how often I hear it makes people's hair hard!! I NEVER goes hard on me...unless I spray it on my hair when it's dry or half dry. I use it soaking wet and my airdried hair feels like SILK. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe I just have weird hair. It wouldn't be the first time my hair does something no one else's does. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I just use carefree gold and coconut oil. They are great curl enhancers for me. I've never tried gel, though.

Back