Behind Every Great Man Is A Great Woman..

FemmeFatale

I'm always fascinated when I hear this saying..what does this saying mean to you ladies?
What were some of the things that you did as a girlfriend and wife to contribute to your man's greatness without shooting yourself in the foot?

Last edited:
I have an ex (wouldn't consider him a great man but still wanted to contribute to the conversation) who told me one of the reasons he loves me is because when he was starting his business I told him I believed he could do it and said his ideas were smart. I encouraged him at each point in the process and didn't try and take over and do it for him. He said he felt really supported and didn't feel like he would fail. What's funny is I remember saying these things but I was saying these things because his ideas really were smart and I really did believe in his mission. If they were bad or needed improvement I would have told him.

I hate the saying. Its sexist and outdated. It should be "beside every great man is a great woman" if they want to give a woman a compliment.

I don't think they mean behind in the literal sense, just that there's a woman with great influence that is catapulting the man from good to greatness. @hopeful touched upon it in that sahm wanting to hire a maid thread.

First person that comes to mind is Michelle Obama. And as of late, Collin Kaepernick..I wonder if Nessa is in his ear somewhere motivating him to stand strong, he's about to be in the African American museum.

Back