Before my Picturetrail Album gets closed down....

SEE!!!!! girl, that's what i'm talking about! just gorgeous!!
35.gif

and i'm glad you had the pics of your car in there because i forgot to check it out yesterday... very kewl!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

p.s. how much are you selling the first ponytail for?

Go VALLEY!!! GO VALLEY!!!

Your hair is awesome--I love it. I can't remember--were you always natural? If not, when did you go natural and did you transition or do the BIG CHOP?

Valleygirl your hair is beautiful!!! It is so long and healthy. Go girl!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Valleygirl, your hair is awsome!! what hair type are you? have you always been natural and if not how long and hard was it for you to transition?

Re: Before my Picturetrail Album gets closed down.

such long and healthy hair...and you look tall too (or just have a really long back) so you've outdone yourself with that length girl. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous hair! You have hair like my Mom & her sisters. BTW, where is the Adore color sold? I need to color my hair soon.

Pretty

*chuckle*

You know Valley, I am really trying to hate on you, but it's not working. If you were a total snot it would help, but alas, you are one of the nicest naturals I have ever met. Oh, well. You can't have everything in life. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You hair is looking really good these days. Watch out though. My good friend grew her hair long enough to sit on and ended up getting some pretty serious neck injuries. I shouldn't laugh, but the site of someone trying to grab the phone and yanking themselves back down is funny. Painful for the longhair involved, but funny.

To be honest, I don't think my genetics would allow my hair to grow that long. But even if they did, I'm unsure if I'd allow it to reach my waist. Is your hair a lot of work? I'm not sure how very long relaxed hair holds up to very long natural hair since I have seen few albums containing either.

How tall are you, BTW? Do you have a long torso? Because it seems that way from the pictures. I have a long torso too, so I'm curious. Height makes a difference too. I am 5'6" with a long neck and torso, so it takes more hair to make bra-strap than someone who is 5'3" and average.

I used to aim for bra strap, but after looking at my pictures I realized that mid-back and BS are the exact same place. And waist length is about 2 inches from that. I think I’m going to let it grow and see what happens.

hi valleygirl, your one of my hair idols! you've inspired me to grow my hair long. question: are you going to move your hair journal to another site cause I know there are a lot of us that like to look to your hair journal for inspiration. I also like your chunky highlights did you do them yourself? and which colors did you use? Thanks

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
and you look tall too

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl.....don't I wish. I am only 5'2" I am kinda on the slim side and wear shoes with big heels so I appear taller than what I actually am.

Thank you all for the lovely words. I do get sick of my hair sometimes so its great to hear encouraging things about it from time to time.

I transitioned from '96 to the summer of '98. I didn't do a big chop but mostly wore a ponytail extension during the transition with my real hair slicked back in a ponytail inside the piece.
I also did box braids for a month and some big 'dukey' braids on and off for like 2-3 months. I did lots of twist outs and braid outs when my relaxed hair and natural hair was like half and half.

I started with a very short bob and then when my natural hair was just above shoulder length when curly I cut off the last 4-5 inches of relaxed hair.

I can't say how long it really was when I cut off the relaxed ends b/c I never straightened my hair when I first went natural.

I has been this length before (maybe just a tad bit longer) around Thanksgiving of '99. I had a setback when my Mom gave me a so called trim and cut way too much off and then another a year later when I decided I wanted layers with some fringe in the front (Don't know what I was thinking) I went to SuperCuts for this and wanted to kill somebody afterwards but realized I had no one to blame but myself!

But thank God...hair does indeed grow back

ValleyGirl you have a beautiful head of hair! Some may marvel that you achieved such a great length by wearing your hair out and curly most of the time. Though I understand the reasoning behind wearing protective styles, girl you are the poster child for showing that as long as your ends are moisturized, you are good to go. I don't like wearing my hair up all the time either, and you demonstrate very well that great lengths are obtainable even when wearing your hair out most of the time, as long as those ends are well cared for. Thanks for sharing your pics /images/graemlins/smile.gif BTW, I'm glad you posted photos of your car. Currently I'm looking to buy one, and your model is looking pretty good /images/graemlins/up.gif

VALLEYGIRL said:
Girl.....don't I wish. I am only 5'2"

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmm..... Glad I'm not the only shorty here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: Pretty

Bright Eyes you are too funny! I am cracking up over here!!

Is your hair a lot of work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should ask that. I was just thinking the other day that my hair seems a little more difficult to deal with now than when I first went natural. I don't know why but even though it has been this length before it seems that it tangles more than ever now. Someone on Napturality once said that natural hair is always changing so maybe thats what I am going through. Especially as I age and get older and hormones and all that stuff affects our hair. But then maybe its just this horrible water in my current apartment or all the wonderful new products (Holy Grails) that everyone raves about then I run out and try them when I know I should just stick to what I have been using...

Who knows? But I have heard from others that I have a long torso and that also may make me look taller. I agree, I do think height makes a difference b/c it takes more hair to make bra strap on a taller person than on a shorter one.
I am happy with my hair around this length. A few more inches would be cool but nothing like stephanie saunders length. I would go nuts. As it is now, I can't even roller set as much as I would like to (especially in the colder months)it takes way too long to dry and I have problems sitting still for long periods of time. But that may be due to the thickness of my hair and not necessarly the length.

So to answer your question my hair is not a lot of work when I stick to what I know will work (product wise as well as styling) for my hair. I transitioned painlessly before I discovered internet hair boards. I have gotten wonderful styling and care tips from all of these boards but I must remember to leave stuff alone sometimes. The saying if it aint broke don't fix it....I need to write it down b/c sometimes I think that my hair acts up when I am trying too many different things on it. And Lord knows I have tried everything...CG No poo, Stinky Glovers, green Dep gel, shake and go, and my latest, the Tracee Ellis Ross brush in the shower trick...some worked while others failed miserably

So all this has taught me to know my hair better and that less is sometimes more.

hi valleygirl, your one of my hair idols! you've inspired me to grow my hair long. question: are you going to move your hair journal to another site cause I know there are a lot of us that like to look to your hair journal for inspiration. I also like your chunky highlights did you do them yourself? and which colors did you use? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much !!!
I am not sure where right now. Maybe I'll move them back to yahoo. They were originally there but I emailed the link to a bunch of my co-workers by mistake, they of course could tell it was me even though my face was blocked out and they all thought I was nuts!!! Hopefully they don't have the link bookmarked.

For my highlights I used Textures and Tones in Lightest Blonde and I took it to the salon and she did them with foil.

Amethyst
Thanks...
I was just telling Allandra that I am too busy trying to be cute all the time and I am bad when it comes to wearing my hair up. I do think that the curl activator helps with maintaining the moisture in my hair and the daily rinsing helps also.
My hair would probably be better off if I wore it up but...I hate it up!!!

And about the car..I LOVE my Cooper!!! My poor Corolla was on its last leg so even though I was considering an SUV for a while I decided on the Cooper. It gets great gas mileage and I get lots of attention on the road ...Strangely enough from lots of older white men /images/graemlins/confused.gif I guess b/c of the nostalgia associated with it.
But make sure you get a good deal when you go shopping. A lot of dealers have been marking their prices up b/c of the huge demand for them. There is a 8-10 month waiting list for some models and colors.
I wanted the silver color in an automatic (not stick) but they were flying off the lot everywhere in So Cal. So even though I am an AKA I bought the big old red and white Delta Sigma Theta car.
(Hey nothing wrong with a little greek unity...right Leejure? Skee-Oop!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

All I can say is....WOW!!! Your hair looks awesome!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Like I said before, your hair is beautiful...keep up the good work. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gurl that is hair is C-U-T-E!! pliz let us know if u decide to put it on yahoo so we kno the link /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I wanted the silver color in an automatic (not stick) but they were flying off the lot everywhere in So Cal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have spent 15 or so full minutes looking at your ride. I turned them photos every which way but loose do you hear me!
That is one pretty car and you say it gets great mileage too? I want an automatic also, and I can see why this model is selling like no tomorrow. <font color="red">I also like the fact that on the key itself there's a button that opens the door, trunk, and rolls down your windows too /images/graemlins/grin.gif</font> I'm relocating soon and I want me a nice, reliable car /images/graemlins/driver.gif This one fits the bill perfectly. I'm telling you if I said it once I said it a thousand times, nothing happens by accident or coincidence. There's a reason you posted those car pics and it was for Amethyst to see (rlol)

Dang ValleyGirl, now you've got me going on-line to really look this model and some others up. So if you don't see me posting, now you know why /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Amethyst /images/graemlins/driver.gif

Valleygirl,

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! So nice that you have the option of curly or straight!! It is beautiful both ways /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice work, Valleygirl, way to go! Your hair looks awesome, curly or straight! I'm soooo jealous but only in a loving way, girl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Your hair is a great inspiration - the length, shine, thickness, everything falls right into place. I'm glad you shared your pics - you can't keep a beautiful head of hair like that all to yourself! /images/graemlins/smile.gif You go, girl!!!

Hey valleygirl, I have one word for you...
BEAUTIFUL!
I can't wait for my hair to get to bra strap(and beyond).

/images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Back