Bedtime Hair??

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I am curious to know how everyone styles their hair before going bed. Whether it be wrapping,buns, ponytails, braids, all out, etc how do you style it, and what cover it up with?? I have trouble wrapping me hair with a satin scarf because everytime I wake up it's next to me instead of my head. Thank goodness I sleep on a satin pillowcase too. hehe

I use the Sylvester (sp) scarf method... I moisturize, seal with oil or serum... comb hair back, make one or two pony tails, grab them with my scarf and and continue to wrap an tie my hair up....
I am wearing and doing the bun thing anyway..

I'm currently wearing box braids so all I do before bedtime is apply my MTG mixture to my scalp, tie it up with a satin scarf and call it a night.

I twist my hair into a very loose french twist. - I too cant keep a scarf on my head for anything. But I have at least 2 silk pillows around to make sure my head does not hit any cotton.

If I am wearing my hair in a bun:

I add moisturizer and oil on my hair/scalp and ends then put one large magnetic roller loosely high on my head. Then cover with silk scarf (I think Cathy Howse us to do this also). In the am my ends are soft and still look good.

or

I will do two large pincurls in the back with same products as above and silk scarf.

If wearing wash n go style:

I will put hair up in loose scrunci and satin cap.

Note: I may stick a duck clip on the side to keep my scarf or satin cap on

vikkiesecret, I just got my pink satin pillowcase today. My bf is complaining about the do-rag look all the time. I will probably "fix" my hair just for him this weekend. Hehehe. ;)

vikkisecret said:
I am curious to know how everyone styles their hair before going bed. Whether it be wrapping,buns, ponytails, braids, all out, etc how do you style it, and what cover it up with?? I have trouble wrapping me hair with a satin scarf because everytime I wake up it's next to me instead of my head. Thank goodness I sleep on a satin pillowcase too. hehe

Used to have trouble with this too...now I use 2 scarfs....one satin one next to my hair, another one (polyester type material) on top of that one.

If I am wearing my hair out, 9 times out of 10, I am not satisfied with the results of anything other than a wrap. If I am wearing a ponytail, and do not feel like wrapping, I will put my hair into a high, loose ponytail, roll the ends under, and secure with a bobby pin.

Back