Beautiful Curls Hair Products

JustGROWwithIt

I just stumbled upon these products this afternoon and the PJ in me is scratching to get out :lol:
Has anyone tried these products before? And if so, what did you think?
I tried to search this information but it was just too much...I ended up clicking a link to YouTube and watching Jarrell's jerri curl commercial from the 80's :lachen::lachen::lachen: BTW if you have not seen that WATCH IT NOW! I am still dying!
Anyway, you see how I got sidetracked :lol:
But, yes, Beautiful Curls! Any reviews? Thanks ladies! :grin:

I have the leave-in and the moisturizer. I am still on the fence about the leave-in. The moisturizer is like a hair milk and my hair doesn't really like hair milks. I like the large sizes for the price and the ingredients are good.

I wish I could be of more help.

I had been curious about this line for awhile and when my local Whole Foods put them on sale, I decided to break down and try a few items. I've found some holy grail products from this line. And I keep going back to try more and more things.

BC curly to kinky leave-in - I think this is my holy grail leave-in (at least for the winter when my hair needs some serious moisture). It sinks in my hair very well and doesn't weigh my hair down or leave any kind of residue.

BC curly to kinky shampoo - definitely a holy grail shampoo. It's sulfate-free and previously I thought my hair hated sulfate-free shampoos (but I'd liked so many other products from the line that I tried it on a whim). It's so gentle on my hair. I thought I knew what it was to have a shampoo be gentle on the hair, and then I tried this shampoo and found out what gentle really is. The lather is silky and plentiful, but it rinses easily and cleanly. The first time I used it I wanted to throw away all of the other shampoo in my house.

BC kinky to curly curl hydrating oil - I really like this oil. I think it's one of my new favorite oil for using in the L.O.C method (maybe even another holy grail - though I feel like a broken record saying that). Feels like a mix between grapeseed oil and a serum, as far as consistency. It feels very good going on my strands. It doesn't feel heavy, but doesn't feel like it will evaporate away too quickly.

BC curly to kinky deep conditioning treatment - very thick and worked okay. Not bad, but I wasn't wowed instantly, like with the rest of the line. I've only tried it once and need to use it again to see how I really feel.

BC curl tonic - doesn't seem to do much for my hair as far as refreshing my curls. Doesn't necessarily make things worse, just doesn't seem to make any improvement. It's very light and I'm thinking I would maybe like it more in the summer, when I need less heavy moisture.

I've only been using these products for the past few weeks, but I really do think I may have found 3 holy grail products, from what I've tried so far. At some point I'll probably also try the curl control custard and the curl activating cream.

I tried the curl activating shampoo, curl activating Shea butter leave in conditioner, and the curl reviving tonic. The shampoo left massive residue on my hair. For some reason the shampoo would solidify once it hit my scalp. My fingernails were caked with the product. It was disturbing to say the least. I'm using the leave in conditioner now. It doesn't give much slip nor is it very moisturizing so I won't be repurchasing. The curl reviving tonic made my hair dry and hard.

I tried one product, I think it was a leave in styler. Left so much build up and just sat on my strands. And that's saying something because my hair is porous and everything absorbs

I use the curly to kinky curl activating cream and I love it!! I have to moisturizer really well though or it will dry my hair out something terrible.

Thanks ladies! I'm glad to hear some good responses! I think I will give a few of these products a try. I like the ingredients and I like the price. Can't hurt to give them a shot!

I use the Wavy to Curly Leave-In and that ish is the BOMB. It sinks right into my hair, doesn't leave any build-up and leaves my hair feeling super moisturized but not greasy. I also prefer the smell of this line to the Curly to Kinky line.

As a sidenote, I noticed that it works really well on my hands as a lotion and hair products that tend to work great on my hands also work great on my hair.

Just an observation...

Back