Beat The Heat: Hot Girls 2014

:heated: Meemee6223 welcome

@syncerelyhis

Getting in before the deadline!

1-What is your hair type and starting length? Relaxed or natural?

My hair type is 4b/4c. My length is about an inch from bs. I am currently natural.

2-Short version of your regimen.

I wash bi weekly in sections. Shampoo with medicated shampoo. Condition with shea moisture and grape seed oil under dryer for 45 mins. Blow dry with grape seed oil. Flat iron on about 350.

3-What type of direct heat do you plan to use? How often?

Blow dryer, flat iron

4-What heat protectant will you use?

Sometimes I use the chi heat protectant. I swear by grapeseed oil. I always use it.

5-Why do you like to use direct heat?

My hair is more trouble than I like to deal with. I've found that I spend much less time on my hair when it's straight.

6-What is your goal for the year?

I want to pass bs length and grow is as long as I can get it!

7-Please post a starting picture.

I'm dcing under the dryer right now. Will post a pic after I flat iron.

I tucked my shirt in so u could see where bs is for me. Don't judge me! Lol

View attachment 240165

:heated: Austro-Afrikana welcome!

@syncerelyhis May I join please?

I am a natural, fine 4a and am currently MBL.

Braids for 6 weeks, hair out for 4-6 weeks. When in braids I follow c&g and when not in braids I wash and DC with steam weekly, blow dry and put in a donut bun.

I plan to blow dry once per week when not in braids.

ApHogee Pro-vitamin leave-in and KeraCare silken seal.

I have to keep my hair stretched but other methods do not work as well as blow drying. My hair retained more length when I used to blow dry weekly. I manipulate my hair less overall and get less ssks and splits.

I want to reach waist length and retain 6 inches.

7-Please post a starting pic.

My avatar is my starting length though my hair may be about an inch shorter.

1. 4b natural apl
2. Straight regimen-shampoo and dc at dominican salon followed my rollerset and blowout.
Wig regimen- to give my hair a break I wear cornrows under wigs as a protective style. I shampoo or cowash weekly with one of the following: shea moisture shampoo, hello hydration, keracare humecto
3. Blowdryer and flatiron once a month
4. Chi silk infusion
5. My hair is earier to manage, shinier, less breakage and fewer ssks
6. I plan on getting to bsl/mbl this year
7. done, but I will post updated pics often

Please may I join?

4a/b mbl transitioning to natural
prepoo then poo or dc then poo every three weeks or once a month. Moisturize whenever my hair feels dry
blow dryer and flat iron once a month unless I'm in another protective style i.e., weaves,wigs,or braids
tressemmee heat protectant and fantasia frizz buster to flat iron
my transitioning hair is easier to deal with
healthy wl hair

Attachments

• PicsArt_1388599193316.jpg
    PicsArt_1388599193316.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
:heated: Welcome beauti

Please may I join?

4a/b mbl transitioning to natural
prepoo then poo or dc then poo every three weeks or once a month. Moisturize whenever my hair feels dry
blow dryer and flat iron once a month unless I'm in another protective style i.e., weaves,wigs,or braids
tressemmee heat protectant and fantasia frizz buster to flat iron
my transitioning hair is easier to deal with
healthy wl hair

washed today, used aphogee 2 step then deep conditioned. I am going to air dry today with some Lush R & B. and the Design Essentials silkening spray.

I would like to airdry as much as possible so that I reduce the amount of heat used.

will follow up with pics after I straighen.

will be doing a condition wash & dc tomorrow...along with my normal after wash routine (protein spray, moisturizing, blah blah) then ill re-stretch my twists out with the blowdryer.

Im getting my dominican blowout tomorrow. I ordered some jumbo magnetic rollers from amazon...I will attempt to do my own rollerset next time

question for all you heaty girls...

how long after applying your heat protectant do you apply the heat? do you let it "soak in" for a while...do you apply it and then immediately do what you need to do?

hmmm. i mean...does it make a difference?

I put it on immediately after I towel dry my hair. Then I rollerset and sit under the dryer. Sometimes oi add a bit more right before I get it flatironed

Todays blowout

Attachments

• 20140105_170223.jpg
    20140105_170223.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20140105_171728.jpg
    20140105_171728.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 74
question for all you heaty girls...

how long after applying your heat protectant do you apply the heat? do you let it "soak in" for a while...do you apply it and then immediately do what you need to do?

hmmm. i mean...does it make a difference?

I was blowdrying with the heat protectant and then flat ironing. There was no particular time left in between.

Hey hot girls. How long does your blowout/press usually last. 2 weeks seems to be my limit, but im going to try to make it to 3 weeks this time

Hey hot girls. How long does your blowout/press usually last. 2 weeks seems to be my limit, but im going to try to make it to 3 weeks this time

I've tried it a few times and my blowout/flat iron can last up to 3 weeks but after week 1 it ain't pretty!:nono:

Day 7 - I start itching and have lost most of the bounce (weighed down by the moisturing and sealing).

Days 8 to 13 - I'm itching itching and shedding shedding and greasy greasy

Days 14+ - My hair is dry no matter how much moisturizing and sealing I do. Tangles. Breakage.

I'm going to try and shape my hair tonight. I'll post my results. I learned how to take my own hair pics :lol: I need to practice on my selfies.

Mine has lasted 3 weeks or so in the past but I can't bare not washing my hair for that long. I normally wash my hair after a week and half MAX.

Ladies what do you think is worse:

A: Wash hair as normal, air dry, flat iron with two passes
B: Wash hair as normal, blow dry straight, twist out

The only reason I think the twistout would be worse for you is if you prefer to keep your hair straight. Once the twistout wears off, you've got to either retwist or straighten it.

1-What is your hair type and starting length? Relaxed or natural? - My hair is natural and I would say I'm about 2 inches from BSL. 2-Short version of your regimen - Prepooing with my jamaican black castor oil and olive oil mix or my Doo-Groo stimulating oil (I added Olive oil and Castor oil to it), washing, dc, and sytling. I do moisturize, seal, and oil as needed. 3-What type of direct heat do you plan to use? How often? - I will be blowing drying and using my Instyler to straighten. I only do this once a week. 4-What heat protectant will you use? -I've been using a heat protectant in a pink bottle it's a spray and a serum something carrot. I can't remember either of the names. 5-Why do you like to use direct heat? -For me my hair is easier to manage when straight. Also, when I do twistouts/ braidouts they never last more than 2 days and to me it's a waste of my time to do it and then end up having to wash them out and do another style. 6-What is your goal for the year? -I would be happy with getting to BSL. 7-Please post a starting picture. syncerelyhis

Attachments

• image-18898972.jpg
    image-18898972.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 40
The only reason I think the twistout would be worse for you is if you prefer to keep your hair straight. Once the twistout wears off, you've got to either retwist or straighten it.

Thanks, my thoughts exactly.

Both are fine if you use heat protectant and the right heat setting.
Thanks, I'm trying to cut down the heat but I hate my twist outs/ braid outs. I get more shrinkage than normal haha.

argh! remind me to NOT blowdry my hair in a hotass bathroom after taking a shower. lol. reversion-central. i was blowing it out to stretch my hair so it would be easy to put 2 flat twists in. luckily, i was able to still get it done, but since my hair reverted quite a bit, it was more challenging than i had originally intended.

i was sweating up a storm. lol

((smh))

Last edited:
:heated:ktwatkins Welcome!

I always wanted to try the InStyler!

1-What is your hair type and starting length? Relaxed or natural? - My hair is natural and I would say I'm about 2 inches from BSL. 2-Short version of your regimen - Prepooing with my jamaican black castor oil and olive oil mix or my Doo-Groo stimulating oil (I added Olive oil and Castor oil to it), washing, dc, and sytling. I do moisturize, seal, and oil as needed. 3-What type of direct heat do you plan to use? How often? - I will be blowing drying and using my Instyler to straighten. I only do this once a week. 4-What heat protectant will you use? -I've been using a heat protectant in a pink bottle it's a spray and a serum something carrot. I can't remember either of the names. 5-Why do you like to use direct heat? -For me my hair is easier to manage when straight. Also, when I do twistouts/ braidouts they never last more than 2 days and to me it's a waste of my time to do it and then end up having to wash them out and do another style. 6-What is your goal for the year? -I would be happy with getting to BSL. 7-Please post a starting picture. @syncerelyhis

Ladies what do you think is worse:

A: Wash hair as normal, air dry, flat iron with two passes
B: Wash hair as normal, blow dry straight, twist out

For me I say the twist out is worse but only because my hair always ends up SO SO tangled no matter what I do.....

lol .... yea youwillrise

argh! remind me to NOT blowdry my hair in a hotass bathroom after taking a shower. lol. reversion-central. i was blowing it out to stretch my hair so it would be easy to put 2 flat twists in. luckily, i was able to still get it done, but since my hair reverted quite a bit, it was more challenging than i had originally intended.

i was sweating up a storm. lol

((smh))

This is my second week of blown out hair :) I used dry shampoo yesterday to soak up all the oil and bring the bounce back. It worked like a charm. Hotgirl must have =dry shampoo. I use the walgreens brand and it saves the day when my straight hair starts getting weighed down or too oily. Im trying to make it last until my wig gets here.

I plan to wig it for 2 months and straighten again for my anniversary in march. Oohlala :dinner::yay:

Back