Beat The Heat: Hot Girls 2014

Oh my god! You relaxed?! I'm just shocked since I know you have been natural for so long!

ETA: I came in this thread to say my flat iron was discovered by my fiance. He was not having me "cook" my hair as he described it and I can't blame him. So, I will be sticking with the blow dryer. I want to grow my hair to extreme lengths so it's for the best. The flat iron was also cheap and I wasn't clear on the temperature settings (1-25 instead of actual temperature readings) so it was for the best.

:lachen:Welp! no flat iron for you!

I realise I haven't added my photo etc yet. I'm going to take a photo for my year update on the 1st and I'll add to it then :)

syncerelyhis
1-What is your hair type and starting length? Relaxed or natural?
--3c/4a with an undercut. Natural MBL with my bang area about EL.
2-Short version of your regimen.
-- Wash, DC, blow dry & flat iron. TJ Spa nourish shampoo & conditioner. Aphogee 2 min, motions CPR, Aussie moist & silicon mix for my DC's.
3-What type of direct heat do you plan to use? How often?
--Blow dry & flat iron once a week. I hope to push it to 2x a month. I will blow dry and twist out when I'm too lazy to flat iron.
4-What heat protectant will you use?
--depends on my mood and the sleekness I want. Salerm 21 creamy leave in. Chi 44 iron guard, Brazilian keratin therapy flat iron spray & aphogee keratin & green tea are my spray heat protectants. Fantasia serum in the pink bottle is my preferred serum, I use biosilk also.
5-Why do you like to use direct heat?
--to avoid SSK's and it's easier to maintain. I can dedicate my mornings to my make-up & my hair is guaranteed to look good.
6-What is your goal for the year?
--to become full MBL, including my bang area. I plan to trim my ends monthly.
7-Please post a starting picture.
--I asked my sister and she said she will take my picture AFTER I do her hair -_- gotta love siblings. I will be back before NYE

:heated:SlimPickinz Welcome!

@syncerelyhis
--3c/4a with an undercut. Natural MBL with my bang area about EL.
-- Wash, DC, blow dry & flat iron. TJ Spa nourish shampoo & conditioner. Aphogee 2 min, motions CPR, Aussie moist & silicon mix for my DC's.
--Blow dry & flat iron once a week. I hope to push it to 2x a month. I will blow dry and twist out when I'm too lazy to flat iron.
--depends on my mood and the sleekness I want. Salerm 21 creamy leave in. Chi 44 iron guard, Brazilian keratin therapy flat iron spray & aphogee keratin & green tea are my spray heat protectants. Fantasia serum in the pink bottle is my preferred serum, I use biosilk also.
--to avoid SSK's and it's easier to maintain. I can dedicate my mornings to my make-up & my hair is guaranteed to look good.
--to become full MBL, including my bang area. I plan to trim my ends monthly.
--I asked my sister and she said she will take my picture AFTER I do her hair -_- gotta love siblings. I will be back before NYE

This..............

NEW STARTING PICTURE**Edited to add my picture as of December 29th! I trimmed .5 inch since the picture above and my hair is about the same length. The middle of the number 29 is WL.
Dec2913-vi.jpg

Heyyy! Im in. Ive been a hot girl forever. My 4b hair prefers heat over relaxers. I cant believe how healthy and shiny my hair is now compared to when I was relaxed. I am brand new, so I havent figured out how to add pics yet :(

Starting pic (I'm transitioning). I think this year I'll be able to retain better now that the bone straight ends are gone

Attachments

• image-2527742567.jpg
    image-2527742567.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 88
:heated: BEAT THE HEAT: HOT GIRLS 2014 :heated: This Challenge is for all of the ladies who will be using direct heat at least once per month RESPONSIBLY this year and want to share healthy hair practices to retain length and health. Don't be shy! I know you are out there. Hopefully we will not get kicked off the forum for this Challenge :lachen: Let's show everyone that you can use heat and still retain length! RULES :pyro:You may not use direct heat more than once per week. :pyro:You must deep condition each time you use direct heat. :pyro:You must use a heat protectant each time you use direct heat. WINNERS:congrats: At the end of the year we will have small prizes for the top two length retainers! *You must have posted regular updates in order to be considered.* 1st Place - $25 Sally Beauty Supply Gift Card 2nd Place - $10 Sally Beauty Supply Gift Card To join the challenge by December 31, 2013 please like this post and mention me @syncerelyhis and answer the following questions: 1-

1.What is your hair type and starting length? Relaxed or natural? Natural 4b, starting length APL

Weekly deep conditioning with a moderate protein conditioner under PIBB or steamer.

Plan on flat ironing once a month, minimum use of blow dryer. I plan on stretching via African threading or rollerset prior to flat iron.

Nioxin thermal bliss, open to suggestions on good ones for fine coarse hair that needs some weight.

I like using direct heat b/c it keeps my strands smooth so I can spot ssks. I also like variety.

To retain most of my inches and master heat styling.

7-Please post a starting picture. Please talk to us throughout the year and keep us posted on what you are doing to retain length. All challengers should post a progress picture on: -March 31st -June 30th -September 30th -December 31st

Starting pics

Attachments

• image-4001045966.jpg
    image-4001045966.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-169574710.jpg
    image-169574710.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 60
syncerelyhis

I don't know my hair type. It's 4a in some areas and 4b in others. My edges are 3b and naturally thinner, so I rarely bother trying to straighten that area much (if at all). Kinda weird lol
I'm relaxed

I'm 15 wks post, so I only way once a week/week and a half. Then I use aphogee 2 min for thirty minutes, another they minutes DC with Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask. I use roux PC either after I shampoo or directly after I DC. I lightly moisturize (I rotate my products semi regularly), but my hair in braids and let it air dry until the morning. Then I flat iron between 350-400 using the comb chase method.

Sedu flat iron once every 7-14 days until touch up day. Then I will only be using heat once or twice per month.

A pea sized amount of Kenra straightening gelèe for the roots, length and ends.
I then spritz a little CHI iron guard in my palm to put on my roots and ends for a little more coverage. This never weighs my hair down.

I was trying to avoid using heat at all during this stretch, but I was afraid that I would experience breakage due to the different textures. I manipulate my hair muchhhh less now :yep:

My goal is to make full bsl.
To thicken my edges and To work on my split ends.

Attachments

• 20131231_183304-1.jpg
    20131231_183304-1.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 52
Hi! I'm not in for the prize,just want to see if I can do it once a month..2014 I plan to do lite flat ion/lite blow dry...Have my heat Protectents ready..Dc/scalp treatments etc..

My hair type..3 combo/medium/some fine strands..

Happy Hair Growing!

• natural
  • 5-6 inches (about collarbone at the nape area, end of my nose in front)

• shampoo & dc week 1
  • condition wash & dc week 2
  • an extra condition wash once a week.
  • spray keratin (either hydrolyzed keratin or aphogee keratin & green tea) after each wash.
  • moisturize
  • all will be done while in twists. will retwist every 2-4 weeks depending on how i feel.

• blow dry using tension method once a week (during a dc day)
  • will use indirect heat of hooded dryer to dry on condition wash days and will stretch hair with bobby pins in a "wrap" style

silk elements spray

ive stopped using direct heat a few times because i feel bad, but i always go back to it...it just help keep tangles at bay. now that my hair is getting longer again, it's easier to work with. i like keeping my hair stretched. tangling is what led me to cut my hair a few months ago. in the beginning of my natural hair journey, i kept my twists heat stretched and it was really helpful.

wanting to get back to APL

(attached)

Attachments

• december292013back.jpg
    december292013back.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 33
  • december292013front.jpg
    december292013front.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 44
syncerelyhis

Getting in before the deadline!

My hair type is 4b/4c. My length is about an inch from bs. I am currently natural.

I wash bi weekly in sections. Shampoo with medicated shampoo. Condition with shea moisture and grape seed oil under dryer for 45 mins. Blow dry with grape seed oil. Flat iron on about 350.

Blow dryer, flat iron

Sometimes I use the chi heat protectant. I swear by grapeseed oil. I always use it.

My hair is more trouble than I like to deal with. I've found that I spend much less time on my hair when it's straight.

I want to pass bs length and grow is as long as I can get it!

I'm dcing under the dryer right now. Will post a pic after I flat iron.

I tucked my shirt in so u could see where bs is for me. Don't judge me! Lol

ForumRunner_20131231_221414.jpg

MBLish, 3b/c, coarse and fine strands, dense (tons and tons of strands and thickness)

Very simple
Wash once a week and deep condition
once a month straighten
three times a month blown out twist out

flat iron - once a month
Blow dry - three times a month

Aphogee pro vitamin
Steam pod replenishing

My natural hair is very thick and hard to manage

Waist length

See here
http://mixed-hair.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/year-update.html
2rrt5dg.jpg

Last edited:
syncerelyhis May I join please?

I am a natural, fine 4a and am currently MBL.

Braids for 6 weeks, hair out for 4-6 weeks. When in braids I follow c&g and when not in braids I wash and DC with steam weekly, blow dry and put in a donut bun.

I plan to blow dry once per week when not in braids.

ApHogee Pro-vitamin leave-in and KeraCare silken seal.

I have to keep my hair stretched but other methods do not work as well as blow drying. My hair retained more length when I used to blow dry weekly. I manipulate my hair less overall and get less ssks and splits.

I want to reach waist length and retain 6 inches.

7-Please post a starting pic.

My avatar is my starting length though my hair may be about an inch shorter.

:heated: Healthb4Length Welcome!

:heated: BEAT THE HEAT: HOT GIRLS 2014 :heated: This Challenge is for all of the ladies who will be using direct heat at least once per month RESPONSIBLY this year and want to share healthy hair practices to retain length and health. Don't be shy! I know you are out there. Hopefully we will not get kicked off the forum for this Challenge :lachen: Let's show everyone that you can use heat and still retain length! RULES :pyro:You may not use direct heat more than once per week. :pyro:You must deep condition each time you use direct heat. :pyro:You must use a heat protectant each time you use direct heat. WINNERS:congrats: At the end of the year we will have small prizes for the top two length retainers! *You must have posted regular updates in order to be considered.* 1st Place - $25 Sally Beauty Supply Gift Card 2nd Place - $10 Sally Beauty Supply Gift Card To join the challenge by December 31, 2013 please like this post and mention me @syncerelyhis and answer the following questions: 1-

1.What is your hair type and starting length? Relaxed or natural? Natural 4b, starting length APL

Weekly deep conditioning with a moderate protein conditioner under PIBB or steamer.

Plan on flat ironing once a month, minimum use of blow dryer. I plan on stretching via African threading or rollerset prior to flat iron.

Nioxin thermal bliss, open to suggestions on good ones for fine coarse hair that needs some weight.

I like using direct heat b/c it keeps my strands smooth so I can spot ssks. I also like variety.

To retain most of my inches and master heat styling.

7-Please post a starting picture. Please talk to us throughout the year and keep us posted on what you are doing to retain length. All challengers should post a progress picture on: -March 31st -June 30th -September 30th -December 31st

Starting pics

:heated: afjhnsn Welcome

@syncerelyhis

I don't know my hair type. It's 4a in some areas and 4b in others. My edges are 3b and naturally thinner, so I rarely bother trying to straighten that area much (if at all). Kinda weird lol
I'm relaxed

I'm 15 wks post, so I only way once a week/week and a half. Then I use aphogee 2 min for thirty minutes, another they minutes DC with Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask. I use roux PC either after I shampoo or directly after I DC. I lightly moisturize (I rotate my products semi regularly), but my hair in braids and let it air dry until the morning. Then I flat iron between 350-400 using the comb chase method.

Sedu flat iron once every 7-14 days until touch up day. Then I will only be using heat once or twice per month.

A pea sized amount of Kenra straightening gelèe for the roots, length and ends.
I then spritz a little CHI iron guard in my palm to put on my roots and ends for a little more coverage. This never weighs my hair down.

I was trying to avoid using heat at all during this stretch, but I was afraid that I would experience breakage due to the different textures. I manipulate my hair muchhhh less now :yep:

My goal is to make full bsl.
To thicken my edges and To work on my split ends.

:heated: Lita welcome

Hi! I'm not in for the prize,just want to see if I can do it once a month..2014 I plan to do lite flat ion/lite blow dry...Have my heat Protectents ready..Dc/scalp treatments etc..

My hair type..3 combo/medium/some fine strands..

Happy Hair Growing!

I've got new pictures. I'm at work, but I will post them tonight. I'm coming to grips with the fact that I prefer my hair curly now, but I still need heat in my regimen to combat any issues before they arise.

It's a fine line to walk, but I think I can manage it :yep:

:heated: youwillrise welcome

• natural
  • 5-6 inches (about collarbone at the nape area, end of my nose in front)

• shampoo & dc week 1
  • condition wash & dc week 2
  • an extra condition wash once a week.
  • spray keratin (either hydrolyzed keratin or aphogee keratin & green tea) after each wash.
  • moisturize
  • all will be done while in twists. will retwist every 2-4 weeks depending on how i feel.

• blow dry using tension method once a week (during a dc day)
  • will use indirect heat of hooded dryer to dry on condition wash days and will stretch hair with bobby pins in a "wrap" style

silk elements spray

ive stopped using direct heat a few times because i feel bad, but i always go back to it...it just help keep tangles at bay. now that my hair is getting longer again, it's easier to work with. i like keeping my hair stretched. tangling is what led me to cut my hair a few months ago. in the beginning of my natural hair journey, i kept my twists heat stretched and it was really helpful.

wanting to get back to APL

(attached)

Back