BC NEGATIVITY

tatambabyy

Well I BC'ed about a week ago. Today was the first day I actually went out and showed my TWA. I was only going to the doctors office and I knew I wouldn't see anyone I knew so, what the hell. Taking baby steps ya know. I been wigging it up since I had my BC. SO I decide to reveal my TWA to the world aka myspace/facebook. I already experienced the negativity. The WHYS and WHAT THE HELLS.and this isn't even in person, these are just PICTURES! I was thinking about going to school tomorrow with my TWA, now with this, I just feel like throwing my wig on. I know someone will end up pissing me off like "what happened to your hair?" ugh I wish people would just get off my D.

okay, im done.
thanks for reading!

awww... don't let it get to you, I know how it feels though its been five months since my BC, and my mom still doesn't get it, lol...but yeah its your hair and you know it better than anyone so just shake it off and enjoy your twa ;)

Girl you better enjoy that TWA, I am sure you didn't BC for everyone else right, so don't worry about what they will say because people will always talk.

Is the girl in ur avi the same as the one in ur siggy?:blush:

The TWA looks sooooo great on you(you look like lauren london twa edition in that siggy pic!!)

Just rock it with confidence and itll look HOT on you.
:bighug:

kinda OT but we should have t shirts saying someting like:

About my hair
I BC'D
Google it...​
:cool2:

I think i would go natural if i had one of those:rolleyes:

Pictures, pictures, pictures! Not everyone will get what you're doing, but you keep visualizing where you're going and don't pay them no mind! This isn't just a passing phase, this is a lifestyle choice that (hopefully) will be around for years to come, this is just one step to achieve a bigger end! Stay strong!

(btw, it's been three months since my BC to a TWA and I'm still shooting down the naysayers, but now my confidence has shut enough of 'em up so that now it's more mad respect than anything else)

Do YOU like your new haircut? If you do, then what THEY say really shouldnt matter. I know you're probably still trying to get used to it, but everybody isn't going to fall in love with your hair like you do. Even 3 years from now if you have a gigantic fro, you might have the same haters...
So put your smile on, some nice eyeshadow and lipgloss, throw on some cute accessories and call it a day!

Be blessed and congrats on takin that big step to do a BC in the first place. Been there done that!

Hugz :o)

Is the girl in ur avi the same as the one in ur siggy?:blush:

The TWA looks sooooo great on you(you look like lauren london twa edition in that siggy pic!!)

Just rock it with confidence and itll look HOT on you.
:bighug:

kinda OT but we should have t shirts saying someting like:

About my hair
I BC'D
Google it...​
:cool2:

I think i would go natural if i had one of those:rolleyes:
yes, both the same person:yep:
thank you very much. I needed that hug.
and the tshirts idea is too cute:grin:.
I wonder how one can go about doing that.
I would def. buy one!

Pictures, pictures, pictures! Not everyone will get what you're doing, but you keep visualizing where you're going and don't pay them no mind! This isn't just a passing phase, this is a lifestyle choice that (hopefully) will be around for years to come, this is just one step to achieve a bigger end! Stay strong!

(btw, it's been three months since my BC to a TWA and I'm still shooting down the naysayers, but now my confidence has shut enough of 'em up so that now it's more mad respect than anything else)

Do YOU like your new haircut? If you do, then what THEY say really shouldnt matter. I know you're probably still trying to get used to it, but everybody isn't going to fall in love with your hair like you do. Even 3 years from now if you have a gigantic fro, you might have the same haters...
So put your smile on, some nice eyeshadow and lipgloss, throw on some cute accessories and call it a day!

Be blessed and congrats on takin that big step to do a BC in the first place. Been there done that!

Hugz :o)

Fully enjoy your twa and wear it out proudly.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, after all it is MY hair. I guess I just needed you ladies to talk some sense into me. Thanks.

you just have to go with it. And i know you might feel like the main reason people are lookin at you funny is because you have an afro now but it's not even really that. it's the fact you cut your hair and it's a different texture now. My white friend, had nearly like waist length hair, and one day chopped it off to her ear, and dye it brown. everyone was like :O WHAT THE HELL!!??! haha but it's too be expected when you do something so brave as to completely change your hair

I was really self conscious at first and then I just wore it with confidence and I got alot of compliments! Of course, there are the haters but who doesn't have haters? You look cute! Tomorrow, put on a headband and a smile!

They will do that as long as you are natural. Don't even sweat it. Throw on some really big hoops and that pretty smile and you will be fine!

you just have to go with it. And i know you might feel like the main reason people are lookin at you funny is because you have an afro now but it's not even really that. it's the fact you cut your hair and it's a different texture now. My white friend, had nearly like waist length hair, and one day chopped it off to her ear, and dye it brown. everyone was like :O WHAT THE HELL!!??! haha but it's too be expected when you do something so brave as to completely change your hair
wowwww. waist length to ear length. I don't feel so bad anymore. I only went from barely ear length to TWA. Which is why I don't understand why people are making it seem like I cut soooooo much hair off. Thanks jer.

I was really self conscious at first and then I just wore it with confidence and I got alot of compliments! Of course, there are the haters but who doesn't have haters? You look cute! Tomorrow, put on a headband and a smile!
Thank you dani. I would wear a headband but my forehead is toooo huge for that:lachen: don't get me wrong, I love my fivehead.
I'm just gonna have to get used to it.

If they ask you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer. Like if they say, "What happened to your hair?" Say something like, "It's growing on my head." I don't know, maybe it's me but I don't tolerate ignorance. :lachen:

You look good! Just rock it with your head held high. People will always talk, just brush 'em off, and be proud that you've done the big chop! :yep: (Because it's usually the main ones saying stuff who probably need to do a BC themselves! :grin:)

Thank you dani. I would wear a headband but my forehead is toooo huge for that:lachen: don't get me wrong, I love my fivehead.
I'm just gonna have to get used to it.

Girl forehead?! LOL If I can wear my twa pushed back in a headband then you can!:rofl: My forehead is big too, but so what?! You'll get used to it. Trust me!

If they ask you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer. Like if they say, "What happened to your hair?" Say something like, "It's growing on my head." I don't know, maybe it's me but I don't tolerate ignorance. :lachen:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: sarcasm is my thing. I don't even know what I'm sweatin it. lol.

You look good! Just rock it with your head held high. People will always talk, just brush 'em off, and be proud that you've done the big chop! :yep: (Because it's usually the main ones saying stuff who probably need to do a BC themselves! :grin:)
\
:lachen:ain't it the truth. thank you shan

They will do that as long as you are natural. Don't even sweat it. Throw on some really big hoops and that pretty smile and you will be fine!
thank you! I can't wait till I'm ur length. you have beautiful hair!

Absolutely don't let the haters get you down. The problem w/ this world is everybody is conditioned to thinking what is beautiful and we start accepting the ideas of other people of what we have to look like. To me looking like everybody else is boring. So I say all this to say walk w/ your head up, switch ya hips, and then they can see the SWAGGER w/ ya TWA....HAY!

Absolutely don't let the haters get you down. The problem w/ this world is everybody is conditioned to thinking what is beautiful and we start accepting the ideas of other people of what we have to look like. To me looking like everybody else is boring. So I say all this to say walk w/ your head up, switch ya hips, and then they can see the SWAGGER w/ ya TWA....HAY!

this made me smile.
thanks!

I've had more haters since going natural than I had when I was relaxed. But, check this...I've had more hair STANS since going natural than I did when I was relaxed too.

Some folks love it..some folks love it and hate.

I like it. It's lovely and just the thought of you having the guts to make a decision for YOU says -STRONG WOMAN- :) Just enjoy the ride to healthy hair. I'd BC if my hubby wasn't so against it...maybe I could convince him....that maybe is real big. lol.

Girl don't sweat it. I experienced similar reactions to going natural and now my hair is longer than those people who had something to say. :yep: It feels kinda good!

Girl forehead?! LOL If I can wear my twa pushed back in a headband then you can!:rofl: My forehead is big too, but so what?! You'll get used to it. Trust me!
For real...I realized REAL quick that the whole side swept bangs thing was no longer gonna work for me and my foredome. The good news is, people will be so busy looking at your hair that they won't even notice the forehead. Seriously!

Well I BC'ed about a week ago. Today was the first day I actually went out and showed my TWA. I was only going to the doctors office and I knew I wouldn't see anyone I knew so, what the hell. Taking baby steps ya know. I been wigging it up since I had my BC. SO I decide to reveal my TWA to the world aka myspace/facebook. I already experienced the negativity. The WHYS and WHAT THE HELLS.and this isn't even in person, these are just PICTURES! I was thinking about going to school tomorrow with my TWA, now with this, I just feel like throwing my wig on. I know someone will end up pissing me off like "what happened to your hair?" ugh I wish people would just get off my D.

okay, im done.
thanks for reading!

Absolutely NOT! You better OWN it! Your beauty is not defined by your hair, which in actuality is an accessory. Judging from the picture at the bottom of your post, your new look is beautiful. Your face carries it all, so bump the hair...AND the haters!:grin:

Back