Basic Hair Care System

tru4reele

What do you guys think of this smoothing system? It is not a relaxer and not a keratin treatment. I do actually think it's more like a keratin treatment without the harsher chemicals. The smoothing treatment is a product of "cystine amino acids". Here are some links of the process.

http://youtu.be/QOed134KwQk

http://youtu.be/BxYaNlaR17Q

And here is their website. https://basichaircarepro.com/faqs

There is a beautician that does it where I live and I was thinking about getting it. Has anyone heard of this new product?

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/06/beautiful-textures-texture-manageablity.html?m=1 True4lee, JC of The Natural Haven breaks down how these SKTs work in her new post. Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF
Thanks a lot. After looking at that I still want it. You don't think it's good for your hair? I think I would have more retention with it. My hair is too fine, dense, tightly coiled and very tangly. I need it to be more manageable to see more retention. MileHighDiva

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. After looking at that I still want it. You don't think it's good for your hair? I think I would have more retention with it. My hair is too fine, dense, tightly coiled and very tangly. I need it to be more manageable to see more retention. MileHighDiva

tru4reele

I think each lady knows their hair better than anyone else,:yep: I'm about healthy hair and retention. I just advocate having all of the information available. If you think the BHCS will help you retain, go for it. There's more than one way to the top of the mountain! There's a lot of ladies that retain with the BKT and SKT's, such as, Napp and Dove56

Please report back with your results and pix!

ETA: At one point, I seriously considered the Design Essentials SKT, but backed off, because I thought it would be too much heat for my hair, after watching the videos on YT. Keep in mind that my hair can get heat damage just from being in the same room as a flat iron, :look:

Last edited:
tru4reele I think each lady knows their hair better than anyone else,:yep: I'm about healthy hair and retention. I just advocate having all of the information available. If you think the BHCS will help you retain, go for it. There's more than one way to the top of the mountain! There's a lot of ladies that retain with the BKT and SKT's, such as, Napp and Dove56 Please report back with your results and pix! ETA: At on point, I seriously considered the Design Essentials SKT, but backed off, because I thought it would be too much heat for my hair, after watching the videos on YT. Keep in mind that my hair can get heat damage just from being in the same room as a flat iron, :look:
Thanks, you have been helpful. I think I am going to make an appointment today. Do you have IG? The stylist is on there.

Looks nice, I like the fact that you don't have to wash, blow dry and flat iron two times like with the DE system.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It doesn't seem harsh and I like how she showed in her pictures that the curls came back when she wet it.

MileHighDiva So I got my hair done. I like the way my hair feels and looks. It feels heavier. I WILL say that I didn't like the way the beautician handled my hair. My hair is very tangly. I felt like she was rough and didn't detangle properly. If it weren't for that then the experience would have been good. I will update once I wash it.

ETA: That lil front piece needed to be combed. It was really soft though but not TOO silky where it didn't feel like my hair at all.

Attachments

• image-789067198.jpg
    image-789067198.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Your hair looks awesome! I'm sorry to hear that your stylist was not gentle with your hair :nono: Is there another stylist that offers the same service in your area? Do you DIY with your hair at all?

I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing the results on your next wash day.

your hair looks great! Im actually going through a phase right now where i think these amino acid systems are better than some of these "new school" keratin treatments. I loved my hair when i had the Arosci.

Your hair looks awesome! I'm sorry to hear that your stylist was not gentle with your hair :nono: Is there another stylist that offers the same service in your area? Do you DIY with your hair at all? I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing the results on your next wash day.
I honestly wish I would have applied the treatment myself but they are very strict on only selling it to professions. It's still a new system so it's not floating around eBay or Amazon. I do like the way she didn't turn the flat iron up as high because I told her I wanted to preserve most of my curls.

The stylist said that she is the only one in the area providing this treatment. I really can't wait to wash my hair.

Last edited:
tru4reele
Napp
Dove56

hi
  1. did you ever try this or any other smoothing system? what kind?
  2. if so did it revent 100% once you washed it the first time? I don't want to pay $100 for something that acts like a press. if so I can just get it pressed.
  3. if it didn't revent back 100% was your hair easier to wash and manage. im assuming it's natural or mostly so.
  4. how much did it cost?

oh no! i was thinking between this and BKT. what do you do now?
I'm just regular natural now. I have mastered my flat ironing routine but I still haven't found out how to combat humidity.

If you want something more permanent get the BKT. The basic system can't even compare to BKT. But don't expect your hair to revert back with the BKT. My best friend has it and it does make it stronger and silky but her curls never returned. It was like a healthier relaxer if you ask me.

I'm just regular natural now. I have mastered my flat ironing routine but I still haven't found out how to combat humidity.

If you want something more permanent get the BKT. The basic system can't even compare to BKT. But don't expect your hair to revert back with the BKT. My best friend has it and it does make it stronger and silky but her curls never returned. It was like a healthier relaxer if you ask me.
that's what im scared of. i need my hair to revert :cry3:

Back