Baltimore Sun-Black Hair Entrepeneurs

That's the place we need to distance ourselves from - having a product formulated in a lab where it has been chemically altered. Why would you need one when you're dealing with natural products? :ohwell:

Even "natural" products can be contaminated. It is not so much as a "lab" is needed as it should be dedicated sterilized place.

Ebonybee thanks for posting...that's what I'm talking about! I love the fact that both the hubby and wifee are in it together...partnernship and dedication. :yep: This gives me a true visualization of what I want to do not only for myself but for others. And yes sterilization is a key factor!:yep: I see their basement could be a little more organized but overall fantastic chiqa!!!

I live in Baltimore and I've ordered from Oyin online and I still didn't know they were based out of Baltimore. It would be nice if they opened a small store here.

Wow! Thanks for the :yep:article!
In understand that Steralization Is an issue. However Its no different from the women on this board who formulate and sell their own hair products In their homes and who I'm happy to purchase from.:yep: Its great to see people take the time out to reasearch, and make products thats addresses the needs of black hair.:yep:

Last edited:
Ebonybee thanks for posting...that's what I'm talking about! I love the fact that both the hubby and wifee are in it together...partnernship and dedication. :yep: This gives me a true visualization of what I want to do not only for myself but for others. And yes sterilization is a key factor!:yep: I see their basement could be a little more organized but overall fantastic chiqa!!!

Ignorance can be bliss! I just wish the photos would have been taken showing the basement in a better "light." Yes, I am SUPER sensitive , downright paranoid, on the "appearance" of hair salons, restaurants, etc. I spent 2 weeks fighting for my life in Greater Baltimore Hosipital against a Staph (Mercer)infection incurred after surgery.

Also my son is a Buisness Banker....underfunding of minority enterprises generates high failure rates. I hope they start to think "big time" like Revlon,Dudley's or Carol's Daughter(there is an investment group). My son covers the Baltimore region, maybe he can contact them and see if they have expansion plans and are interested in a loan.

By the way, based on this article, I now plan on attending the natural hair trade show in Atlanta, GA the week of Apr 28th. I was headed in that direction anyway.

I will not ask the vendors "where they formulate their products!":drunk:

I think thinking bigger and better is a great idea. :dollar::dollar::dollar: comes with a cost: :coffee2:+:strong:-:fridge:= :locks: :afro:

:grouphug2:

Back