Baggie Challenge ***Update Month 2***

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Sorry Ladies, I have been so busy this week I almost forgot about starting the update thread. I am 4 days late.

How is everyone doing??

My ends feel great. They are soft and split free. I have been using the vaseline on my ends instead of oil. My ends like the vaseling better.

I know some of you guys have already check in for the month so I you would copy your comments to this thread I would appreciate that!!

Happy Bagging!!

event.png

Last edited:
Alli77
Atlien
BabyCurls*
BabyGurl
Ballet Bun*
BellyDancer*
BlackHair*
Blkmaryland*
Boadicea
Brickhouse*
CaramelDiva*
CdFrank
Champagne Wishes**
Chicamorena**
Chichi
ChocoKitty
Cinnabuns
Cutebajangirl*
DelightfulFlame*
DigitalRain
Dolapo
Dontspeakdefeat**
EssentialGrowth
Faith*
Falon
Fletgee*
FlowerHair
Getmoore**
Good2uuuu*
Hottopic
Ithomas1**
Jellynote**
Kombov Dymond
Laina7777*
LadyR
LadyZ*
Leslie C
Lucia*
Luv04*
Lovelymissyoli*
Melodee
MermaidHair
MizAvlon**
Mkstar826
Movennesha**
MrsLee
MzJones**
NappyNikki
NewYorkgirl**
Nyambura**
Nymphe*
Nyrican*
Paladin
Portia*
PradaLover*
PrettyBrownEyes
Puddles**
Rachel
Saddity1
Satrina
Sengschick*
Sharee*
Shawnee66*
SherryLove*
Shinka
Simplycee**
SoutherGirl
Tai*
Tryn2growmyhair
UNLVgirl
Val1212*
Valerie*
WildChild453

Last edited:
I'm checking in but I have not even started yet so I need a :spank: . I went to Italy twice in December & January and I was too vain to wear my hair in a bun :lol: I will start the challenge next weekend after I have a deep condition at the hairdressers. I have made my own phony bun in preparation

I am hanging in there with the baggie method. I am counting on it to get me through my six month stretch.

I'm still going strong. I need a touch up. But I decided to wait 2-3 more weeks. I'm using FOTE gel to smooth my hair down. My ends still look great...but I will definately be able to tell once I dry my hair after my retouch.

DSD....my ends love the Vaseline too. I also use Ultra Sheen hair grease on my hair. I can't live without either one. Bra strap here I come.

pradalover said:
I'm checking in but I have not even started yet so I need a :spank: . I went to Italy twice in December & January and I was too vain to wear my hair in a bun :lol: I will start the challenge next weekend after I have a deep condition at the hairdressers. I have made my own phony bun in preparation

That's ok. Sometimes being on this challenge can be tough. We see how everything turns out at the next check in! HHG

lthomas1 said:
I am hanging in there with the baggie method. I am counting on it to get me through my six month stretch.
I stretch for six months one time last year and it was so hard because of all the newgrowth. I wish you well. The baggie will keep those ends soft and supple!!

Puddles said:
I'm still going strong. I need a touch up. But I decided to wait 2-3 more weeks. I'm using FOTE gel to smooth my hair down. My ends still look great...but I will definately be able to tell once I dry my hair after my retouch.

DSD....my ends love the Vaseline too. I also use Ultra Sheen hair grease on my hair. I can't live without either one. Bra strap here I come.
Yeah, the vaseline is da bomb. My hair doesn't do as well with the baggie with regular oils. I have to make sure I grease them ends up!! lol

Good to hear you are doing well! Keep up the good work!!

I fell off the wagon a couple of times because those phony ponies were painful for me to wear. I'm trying to find an alternative because my ends are starting to look ragged.

Hey, DSD! So far so good! I've been using Healthy Ends on alternate days, and Blue Magic Coconut Oil grease every blue moon. My ends aren't split nor dry thanx to the baggie method. And for the record, my hair is now longer at the collarbone. I'm going to continue doing the baggie until my hair gets down towards the middle of my back.

Thanx to you, I'm on my way to healthier ends and hair.

Editor's note: I've been bunning my hair using my silk scarf wrapped around the baggie, and either finished it with a satin scrunchie or my homemade silk wrapped ponytail holder. I need to purchase another drawstring pony in a Chestnut color, since I'm still in the market of coloring my hair in the exact same shade.

I haven't even gotten started. :( I was contemplating getting braids but decided against them. I will start today and I will continue throughout the month and hopefully through March. My last touchup was on Dec 31st. I usually go about 12 wks but I am trying to stretch to 16 wks.

I'm still hanging there and very proud of myself. I bun and baggie every night. I rotate between vaseline, castor oil and olive oil. Sometimes I cover it with a bun cover and wear to work. No splits here! Bra strap here I come.

Keep at it ladies!

I am enjoying this challenge alot. My ends look sooooooooooooooooo healthy. I get compliments every time I wear my hair down. I have been using the phony pony and it looks good. I think I am going to do the whole head instead of just the ends and cover my head with a wig. I hope this goes well beacuse i'm trying this tonight.

Ends feel great and are split-free. I've been using a variety of products: avocado butter, tallow, Keralong's safflower oil conditioner, Keralong's Shea butter treatment. i did trim about three weeks ago out of necessity. But my hair appears healthy and is thriving after the trim.

I stopped doing the baggie method because I was kind of confused trying to do the surge challenge and the baggie method at the same time. My hair started to shed and break really bad. I think I have to either do the surge twice a day or the baggie method because I can't manipulate my hair too much when I do the baggie. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've been spraying my roots every morning with Surge then using the Sta-so-Soft and blue magic coconut oil and then put on the baggie. At night I take the baggie off spray my roots with the surge and then spray my ends with the Sta-so-Soft and put the baggie back on. My hair doesn't shed or break when I just spray the roots with Surge.

I was "sporting'" my baggie last night... discreetly:sekret:. Since I knew there was going to be Salsa and ... dancing :hula: at my friends house last night, I wore a bun (baggie underneath) on the side with some pink Rhinestone hair accesories.

I've been getting better with The Baggie these past weeks. I cover it up with a ponytail, but I can barely fit it in. I'm thinking about using a scarf as a head band and wrapping the rest around the bun.

At night, when I take the baggie off, my ends feel like silk!

The baggie method is working great for me. My ends are so soft and split free. I have not had to trim my ends since December.

Currently I am using a mixture of shea butter and evoo then using the vaseline as my baggie mix.

So far..so good!

The ends are doing ok. It's that time of year when I'm stretching relaxers reeeeallly long while also doing the baggie. Ultimately, I'm happy with the results but during this time, it's hard to get excited about.

chicamorena said:
My hair is doing great. I got a touchup last week and didn't even need a trim.
Wonderful!! :clap:

Champagne_Wishes said:
I fell off the wagon a couple of times because those phony ponies were painful for me to wear. I'm trying to find an alternative because my ends are starting to look ragged.
Sorry to hear that!! I have been using bun covers to cover up my baggie so I don't put so much stress on my hair. I alternate between the bun covers and the phonies.

BabyCurls said:
Hey, DSD! So far so good! I've been using Healthy Ends on alternate days, and Blue Magic Coconut Oil grease every blue moon. My ends aren't split nor dry thanx to the baggie method. And for the record, my hair is now longer at the collarbone. I'm going to continue doing the baggie until my hair gets down towards the middle of my back.

Thanx to you, I'm on my way to healthier ends and hair.

Editor's note: I've been bunning my hair using my silk scarf wrapped around the baggie, and either finished it with a satin scrunchie or my homemade silk wrapped ponytail holder. I need to purchase another drawstring pony in a Chestnut color, since I'm still in the market of coloring my hair in the exact same shade.
Well, that is great!! That's what the baggie does, helps retain length. Keep up the good work!!

simplycee said:
I'm still hanging there and very proud of myself. I bun and baggie every night. I rotate between vaseline, castor oil and olive oil. Sometimes I cover it with a bun cover and wear to work. No splits here! Bra strap here I come.

Keep at it ladies!
I am proud of you too. You will be at brastrap in no time!!

NewYorkgyrl said:
I am enjoying this challenge alot. My ends look sooooooooooooooooo healthy. I get compliments every time I wear my hair down. I have been using the phony pony and it looks good. I think I am going to do the whole head instead of just the ends and cover my head with a wig. I hope this goes well beacuse i'm trying this tonight.
WoW!! that's great!! Let us know how the whole head method works out!

Shawnee66 said:
I stopped doing the baggie method because I was kind of confused trying to do the surge challenge and the baggie method at the same time. My hair started to shed and break really bad. I think I have to either do the surge twice a day or the baggie method because I can't manipulate my hair too much when I do the baggie. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've been spraying my roots every morning with Surge then using the Sta-so-Soft and blue magic coconut oil and then put on the baggie. At night I take the baggie off spray my roots with the surge and then spray my ends with the Sta-so-Soft and put the baggie back on. My hair doesn't shed or break when I just spray the roots with Surge.
Have you ever tried applying the surge using an applicator tip? This way you don't have to manipulate you hair. You just put the surge in one of those applicator bottles and gently go over your scalp with it. Trust me this works. You won't have to take the baggie off until you are ready. Actually you can mix all of you items together and do it that way too. I have a pic of the Surge with an applicator tip in my album.

ballet_bun said:
I was "sporting'" my baggie last night... discreetly:sekret:. Since I knew there was going to be Salsa and ... dancing :hula: at my friends house last night, I wore a bun (baggie underneath) on the side with some pink Rhinestone hair accesories.

I've been getting better with The Baggie these past weeks. I cover it up with a ponytail, but I can barely fit it in. I'm thinking about using a scarf as a head band and wrapping the rest around the bun.

At night, when I take the baggie off, my ends feel like silk!
Wonderful!! Sounds like you had loads of fun!! :yep: You are going to have to find a bigger bun!!:lol:

fletgee said:
The baggie method is working great for me. My ends are so soft and split free. I have not had to trim my ends since December.

Currently I am using a mixture of shea butter and evoo then using the vaseline as my baggie mix.

So far..so good!
Hey Fletgee!! :wave: I am glad the baggie is working out for you!! HHG

To everyone I would just like to say you are doing a wonderful job. I know this challenge can be tough. I know it is hard wearing your hair up every single day. Take a small break if you need to and come back refreshed and renewed!!

If you only want to wear the baggie 5 days a week and wear your hair out 2 days that's fine. Just as long as you keep it baggied up the majority of the time.

In June when this challenge is over, your ends will look so wonderful. They will be soft silky and split free.

Also, if the baggie is not working out for you that fine. It's not for everyone. You have to do what is best for your hair.

Congratulations and Kudos to everyone who is able to stick with this!! Keep those ends baggied up and watch the hair get longer and longer!!

Back