Baggie Challenge ***Update Month 3***

So far so good. Since the challenge I have an inch so far. I'm at 25". I added Lacio Lacio into my routine. It's great. But everything is the same except for a skipped rollerset last week. I just blowdried. It came out good.

I guess I should have been in this challenge. I've been doing the baggie method very consistently since Arpil 2004 when I purchased my first few phonytail pieces. I really only take the baggie out & my hair down when I'm home all day & not going out. No trim since December 2003 & before that in 2002. After almost a year with the baggie method, I'm just about ready for braids.

I have been alternating between the Baggie Technique, braidout up-do's and buns. So far so good!

I joined the challenge when it began and sorry for not giving you my name. My ends are looking great. I wear the baggie everyday. This has really kept my ends healthy and looking good.

leontyneb said:
I joined the challenge when it began and sorry for not giving you my name. My ends are looking great. I wear the baggie everyday. This has really kept my ends healthy and looking good.
I will add you to the list!! I am glad your ends are doing well!

My ends look wonderful. I use the baggie everyday in the morning and braid my hair at night. This has really done wonders to my hair.

Thanks to everyone here at the forum.

I'm still in, but have not been consistent over the past three weeks. I outgrew my little phonybun :) , my ponytail is too fat for that little thing and I need to buy a the bigger size. I'm also sick of bun even though I haven't been wearing my hair down (2 days only). But I'm not giving up. This weekend I plan to braid my hair (beginning the braid phase of my personal 21-week stretch challenge). I also plan to keep the braids in for a little over 3 months (redoing them every 4-5 weeks). I will do the baggy at night and during the day on weekends, while I'm in braids.

Thanks DSD for posting this update/remainder it's helping to get me back on track :whip:

So far so good. I wash, condition & then dry my hair before putting it in a baggie as putting it in wet was not working for me. I spray the ends with my concoction of distilled water, olive oil, rosemary, peppermint & lavender oils, lightly coat the ends with Profective healthy Ends and then spray the bag with Keracare Silk n Seal. I wear the baggie day & night about 6 days a week. My ends are sooo soft but I have to get out of the habit of touching & checking my hair out everyday!!!

My Baggie Challenge is going great. :grin: My ends have never been this soft. I used to cut my ends 2x's a month. And now I have not trimmed since December. ;) This Challenge is working for this happy camper! :love:

I know I am late but can i join?. I started the baggie in December but took a while to get it correct. I keep my hair braided and have to split the hair in two baggies. I will probably do this forever. I no longer have to lose ends due to tangles when I take my braids out. They just slip apart. I think my hair stopped growing but this will help keep length and get the other layers all caught up. :) I wish I could baggie all my crown and new growth near scalp. Tried large bag wrapped on head while home but felt to confined. :ohwell: I will use the challenge to see results for the other layers getting to full length.

Hi,

My challenge is going good..... My ends are staying healthy even around touch-up time... I am getting and retaing some length :ohwell: ..... I use the baggie about 4 days a week.... But use a plastic shower plastic cap everyday for about 4 hours
after using my hair oils on my scalp :grin: ....
I hope to post some pictures, when time permits:ohwell: ......

My hair is in braids, so I haven't been able to do the baggie. I am taking them out in two weeks, so i will check in with better news, next month.

So far so good. My ends are looking pretty healthy considering that I have not had a trim since November. I am looking for other styles to do with the baggie method. I have been using phony ponies and I am starting to get tired of it. Maybe I'll try the bun covers. Does any one else have any more ideas???

mzjones said:
I'm still in, but have not been consistent over the past three weeks. I outgrew my little phonybun :) , my ponytail is too fat for that little thing and I need to buy a the bigger size. I'm also sick of bun even though I haven't been wearing my hair down (2 days only). But I'm not giving up. This weekend I plan to braid my hair (beginning the braid phase of my personal 21-week stretch challenge). I also plan to keep the braids in for a little over 3 months (redoing them every 4-5 weeks). I will do the baggy at night and during the day on weekends, while I'm in braids.

Thanks DSD for posting this update/remainder it's helping to get me back on track :whip:
U R Welcome!!

It can get tiring but think about how healthy your ends will be when it's over!! Good Luck!

fletgee said:
My Baggie Challenge is going great. :grin: My ends have never been this soft. I used to cut my ends 2x's a month. And now I have not trimmed since December. ;) This Challenge is working for this happy camper! :love:

Job well done! :clap:

Vintagecoilylocks said:
I know I am late but can i join?. I started the baggie in December but took a while to get it correct. I keep my hair braided and have to split the hair in two baggies. I will probably do this forever. I no longer have to lose ends due to tangles when I take my braids out. They just slip apart. I think my hair stopped growing but this will help keep length and get the other layers all caught up. :) I wish I could baggie all my crown and new growth near scalp. Tried large bag wrapped on head while home but felt to confined. :ohwell: I will use the challenge to see results for the other layers getting to full length.
Welcome, we are glad to have you! Good Luck to you growing out those layers!

DSD, at first the baggie method wasn't working for me, but I think I might have to join this challenge again... but I'm not sure whether what I'm doing would be considered a baggie method or not...

I wash and condition my hair
Apply products
Style into wet bun
Cover my bun with weave hair instead of a baggie

Does it have to be a plastic baggie to be considered the baggie method? I am thinking about getting some nylon knee-highs to cover my bun for extra protection and then wrap the weave hair around it in the formation of a bun and pin it with open bobby pins. What do you think?

I don't think I officially joined, but I have been doing the baggie method or something similar (i.e. saturating my ends with shea butter and putting on my satin scarf). I had breakage, breakage, breakage and experienced less breakage with the method. I still ended up cutting my hair tonight myself because it was those ends were still horrendous!

hottopic in the house and doing good....I am wash 2-3 times a week and just took out my braids and I am one month post relaxer. I have slacked on taking my GNC hair and nails. But other than that still doing good. I did the braids because of the cruise. But I am trying to do the braid thing in between baggies styles....I switch back and fourth. This worked wonders last time and I saw major growth. So I am just going to keep doing it.....Stretching the time between relaxing really helps too. I went 9 weeks last time. I am going to try to push for 12 weeks this time. I am glad to hear that everyone else is doing good. Only problem I have now is that I just learned to swim so I am at the pool more often......so I have to figure that part out.

Poohbear said:
DSD, at first the baggie method wasn't working for me, but I think I might have to join this challenge again... but I'm not sure whether what I'm doing would be considered a baggie method or not...

I wash and condition my hair
Apply products
Style into wet bun
Cover my bun with weave hair instead of a baggie

Does it have to be a plastic baggie to be considered the baggie method? I am thinking about getting some nylon knee-highs to cover my bun for extra protection and then wrap the weave hair around it in the formation of a bun and pin it with open bobby pins. What do you think?
Girl we are glad to have you back!! Go ahead and do what you think is best for your hair! Good Luck!

angellazette said:
I don't think I officially joined, but I have been doing the baggie method or something similar (i.e. saturating my ends with shea butter and putting on my satin scarf). I had breakage, breakage, breakage and experienced less breakage with the method. I still ended up cutting my hair tonight myself because it was those ends were still horrendous!
I hope you didn't get scissor happy!

hottopic said:
hottopic in the house and doing good....I am wash 2-3 times a week and just took out my braids and I am one month post relaxer. I have slacked on taking my GNC hair and nails. But other than that still doing good. I did the braids because of the cruise. But I am trying to do the braid thing in between baggies styles....I switch back and fourth. This worked wonders last time and I saw major growth. So I am just going to keep doing it.....Stretching the time between relaxing really helps too. I went 9 weeks last time. I am going to try to push for 12 weeks this time. I am glad to hear that everyone else is doing good. Only problem I have now is that I just learned to swim so I am at the pool more often......so I have to figure that part out.
Great!! I am glad that is is working well for you!

Congrats on learning t swim!

Back