>< Bad / Good Ingredients -- Direct ME ><

AnjelLuvs

Can someone direct me to, or name some ingredients to look out for if you have processed (relaxed) hair.
Like which ones are bad and which ones are good as far as ingredients are concerned. Both for shampoos and conditioners. Liek which alcohols and sulfates.

I am sure this has been covered before, but just never bookmarked it.

TIA

Stay away from petroleum and mineral oil. Your hair doesn't absorb these. Certain alcohols dry the hair out. Most any other oils will work well. I love coconut oil.

As far as shampoos go. Many contain SLS which is harsh on the hair. I like Nacidit Olive oil shampoo (Dominican).

For conditioners I only use deep conditioners or cheap conditioners for conditioning washes. I deep condition with Ion Effective Care, BPT Honey &amp; Almonds (Dominican)&amp; Rysell Aloe Vera Deep Condtioning Rinse (Dominican). These have helped me improve my hair's condition dramatically in the past 3 months.

Stay away from Ammonium lauryl/laureth sulfates and Sodium lauryl/lauerth sulaftes unless you are trying to clarify your hair.

You don't have to completely stay away from petroleum and mineral oil, lots of products have them. Just don't go overboard with them (don't use too many products with it at once or too much of the product), and don't let them be in the top three ingredients.

It's also wise to stay away from too many silocones. They also coat the hair shaft.

Some bad alcohols are Isopropyl Alcohol, SD Alcohol- 40 and Ethanol.

Yoy should go for shampoos that have sodium myreth sulfate, tea lauryl/laureth sulfate or cocamidedopropyl betaine.

In conditioners and moistrizers and other products some good stuff is:

silk protein
wheat protein
Essential oils and carrier oils
Aloe vera
good alcohols (cetyl alcohol, Stearic Acid and others)
Water (for moisturizers)
Glycerin

That's all I can think of!

Back