Bachelorettes, Bridal Shower, Weddings???

manter26

When do you use the registry? What are you (a guest) expected to do for each? Why must there be so much stuff surrounding a wedding.... :drunk:

Lawd, I have a destination bachelorette, and in town bachelorette, a bridal shower, a mehndi, and the doggone wedding- and that's all for one person this year. I'm glad it's been a slow year for weddings...two more scheduled for 2013 so far.

I plan on bringing my gift to the bridal shower. She included the get registry info in the invite for the shower so I assume it's appropriate. It will save me from having to carry it to the reception when in super dressed up.

chocolate01 said:
I plan on bringing my gift to the bridal shower. She included the get registry info in the invite for the shower so I assume it's appropriate. It will save me from having to carry it to the reception when in super dressed up.

That's a good point. I feel like my bride put separate registries in each invite. I also don't know if the shower is for both the bride and groom customarily. I see 'shower' and I think woman.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

That's a good point. I feel like my bride put separate registries in each invite. I also don't know if the shower is for both the bride and groom customarily. I see 'shower' and I think woman.

If it's for both, the invitation usually says "Couples Shower" or something like that. It's usually like an engagement party with gifts. I've also been to a "Honey Do" shower for him where we brought gifts for him to do home projects.

He wasn't there but the invite said Feed T- T is the groom. Most people bought her stuff for the kitchen- pot holders, apron, etc. The FBIL bought the cake cutter and other things for the wedding. I'm gonna have to get something nice from the registry later because I showed up empty handed. :look:

Back