Ayurvedic Vitamins...and next Bandwagon?

Alpha Female

Ok, almost everyone is on the Ayurvedic bandwagon it would seem (nothing for or against it - just making a statement), but as I scan over various people's posts...I see lots on Ayurvedic oils and powers, but nobody seems to be taking Ayurvedic vitamins, which I have seen advertised on hair product sites, and which contain the same herbs as the oils and powers. This would seem to be an easier way to get Ayurvedic benefits without all the oiling, sifting, straining, seeping, soaking, massaging, rinsing, yada, yada, yada. So why isn't anyone taking Ayurvedic vitamins?

On another note, what do you think will be the next hair/product bandwagon in 2008?

I take some supplements, but not just folr hair. There is an amla/spirulina supplemt that I love. The other stuff was specially blended for me that I ordered from India ...

I actually thought about it when I went to the Indian store, but I have to finish up all of the vitamins I have at home.

If you are going to take something like that I would recommend getting it from reputable source as there are far too many website claiming to have ayurvedic vitamins.....I would rather just use the techniques and external stuff like powders and massages than injest something i cannot trust 100%....

I have some supplements that I take regularly. I take them for health benefits not for my hair. Since joining LCHF I got hooked on the products to use for my hair. I just never really thought about it until I joined.

Will the vitamins be expired to?

NO, because the products are not expired either, we are the ones who misread it. They put the date that the product was made and you can use it two years after the date you see on the box.

I've been taking Brhringraj supps since the first of December and my whole food vitamin c powder(pure radiance) contains amla as well. I know a few other people are taking the bhringraj supps as well.

^^Afrolinda, even given that consideration, some of the products are actually expired past the use by date. So in the case of the products I've found, they REALLY are old and EXPIRED:yep:

Ok, almost everyone is on the Ayurvedic bandwagon it would seem (nothing for or against it - just making a statement), but as I scan over various people's posts...I see lots on Ayurvedic oils and powers, but nobody seems to be taking Ayurvedic vitamins, which I have seen advertised on hair product sites, and which contain the same herbs as the oils and powers. This would seem to be an easier way to get Ayurvedic benefits without all the oiling, sifting, straining, seeping, soaking, massaging, rinsing, yada, yada, yada. So why isn't anyone taking Ayurvedic vitamins?

On another note, what do you think will be the next hair/product bandwagon in 2008?

The only supplements I would take are oils, anything else just doesn't agree with my body, and I'm too afraid to try :nono:

Personally, I don't think taking supplements are an easier way to get Ayurvedic benefits (or any hair benefit) since health of one's hair is 50% internal and 50% external...you can be eating right and have the best diet, but if you don't know how to care for your hair once it grows, what good is that :spinning:

I've used ayurvedic supplements from mapi.com for about 12 years.
Triphala, amrit,liver,detox, detox-O,hair,skin,nails,sleep-aid,brain,respiratory

lejardinier - do you consider those hair/nails vitamins from mapi much useful. I am considering purchasing. Thanks!!

I've used ayurvedic supplements from mapi.com for about 12 years.
Triphala, amrit,liver,detox, detox-O,hair,skin,nails,sleep-aid,brain,respiratory

NO, because the products are not expired either, we are the ones who misread it. They put the date that the product was made and you can use it two years after the date you see on the box.

Some are actually expired. I bought some oil that had been manufactured in 1999, so it's expired. Works fine but still expired. I would not put any Indian vitamins in my mouth.

Last time we were at the Indian store they were trying to push the vitamins on me, thank the Lord I couldn't understand what he was saying. Vanity1 had to tell me.

I take a teaspoon of organic Chyavanprash daily and one other herbal tablet. However, I only buy from one source. I would not buy vitamins from any of the Indian markets I've visited. Shikakai soap from 2005 is one thing. Vitamins from 2005 are another.

Back