ayurvedic users: kali mehendi dye?

nomoweavesfome

anybody tried this before? I'm loking to dye my hair jet black. Don't wanna do the indigo/henna route. I did bigen about 3 months ago. Ya think it would be ok?
kali_mehendi_relaunch.jpg

What are the ingredients? I'm not sure about this, this may be considered a compound henna (not recommended for relaxed hair). I bought something similiar but I "chickened out" when I read about the cons of of using a compound henna.

What are the ingredients? I'm not sure about this, this may be considered a compound henna (not recommended for relaxed hair). I bought something similiar but I "chickened out" when I read about the cons of of using a compound henna.

ITA, especially the bolded, REAL henna does NOT come in other colors, if the box claims to create any other color than the reddish brown that comes from TRUE henna, beware other stuff has been added, possibly ppd, In which case you could just use any old commercial black dye. Henna that's not body art quality contains metallic salts that have a caustic reaction when applied on top of hair that has commercial dye, and as Platinum said it's not recommended for relaxed hair . Check out this thread there's a wealth of information on henna.http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=87256

HTH

ITA, especially the bolded, REAL henna does NOT come in other colors, if the box claims to create any other color than the reddish brown that comes from TRUE henna, beware other stuff has been added, possibly ppd, In which case you could just use any old commercial black dye. Henna that's not body art quality contains metallic salts that have a caustic reaction when applied on top of hair that has commercial dye, and as Platinum said it's not recommended for relaxed hair . Check out this thread there's a wealth of information on henna.http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=87256

HTH
I have used this exact product. It gave me excellent results. It does have ppd in it, but it is a minor amount- less than government-regulated. It is also the number one selling brand of black "henna." I had no adverse effects. An Indian lady told me to get this product, she uses it regularly. I am transitioning. It worked better than indigo/henna for me. Can we say JET BLACK?

I have used this exact product. It gave me excellent results. It does have ppd in it, but it is a minor amount- less than government-regulated. It is also the number one selling brand of black "henna." I had no adverse effects. An Indian lady told me to get this product, she uses it regularly. I am transitioning. It worked better than indigo/henna for me. Can we say JET BLACK?

So it's a milder form of bigen? How much relaxed hair do you have left? Do you think it yields darker results than Henna/Indigo?

Is it also okay 4 natural hair? I think I'm going 2 leave some hair out when I get my sew-n redone & I'll have 2 dye my hair jet black 2 match.

Back