avocado butter is off the chain!!!

4mia

i read a thread about avocado butter so me being the pj im am purchased some all i have to say is that its everything i wished and more i love it this will replace many of my products

I love me some avocado butter!! I got mine from From Nature with Love also. It makes my hair very soft and supple. It doesn't matter if I use it on wet or dry hair.:)

Is it supposed to be used as a moisturizer? Someone please explain avocado butter's purpose. Sorry, I'm sooo slow.

From FNWL website"
"Our pure avocado butter is expeller crushed from the fresh flesh of the avocado fruit and then hydrogenated to yield a soft greenish butter. This is a much softer butter than any of the other butters we carry. Avocado butter is a very rich, moisturizing treatment for the hair and skin, and it has some natural sunscreen properties. Use it in soap and skin care formulations at 5 - 20%. Use smaller amounts of avocado butter in lotion bars. This butter can be a little heavy and greasy, but it is definitely worth it in small amounts. Avocado butter is a good butter for belly balms, lip balms, eye makeup remover creams, hair conditioning creams, baby bottom balms and soap."

FNWL always sends me gritty avocado butter. Someone on here said you have to melt the butter to make the grittiness go away. I still have my avocado butter but I haven't used in a few months. I really love aloe butter!

blue_flower said:
From FNWL website"
"Our pure avocado butter is expeller crushed from the fresh flesh of the avocado fruit and then hydrogenated to yield a soft greenish butter. This is a much softer butter than any of the other butters we carry. Avocado butter is a very rich, moisturizing treatment for the hair and skin, and it has some natural sunscreen properties. Use it in soap and skin care formulations at 5 - 20%. Use smaller amounts of avocado butter in lotion bars. This butter can be a little heavy and greasy, but it is definitely worth it in small amounts. Avocado butter is a good butter for belly balms, lip balms, eye makeup remover creams, hair conditioning creams, baby bottom balms and soap."

FNWL always sends me gritty avocado butter. Someone on here said you have to melt the butter to make the grittiness go away. I still have my avocado butter but I haven't used in a few months. I really love aloe butter!

I don't like gritty :nono: . So 4 those of you ordering from FNWL, do you melt the butter first or do you not mind the gritty texture? I heard another site sells it, too-Camden Grey, I think? Anyone order from here? If so, is it also a "gritty" texture?

zzirvingj said:
I don't like gritty :nono: . So 4 those of you ordering from FNWL, do you melt the butter first or do you not mind the gritty texture? I heard another site sells it, too-Camden Grey, I think? Anyone order from here? If so, is it also a "gritty" texture?

I've gotten avocado butter from both FNWL and Camden Grey. Both have a bit of "grittiness" to them but the warmth of your hands makes that melt away. If there is any grittiness after rubbing your hand together, it doesn't show in your hair. All you have after applying is soft, shiny, moisturized hair.

I got mine from Oils By Nature. It is much cheaper that FNWL. It also has that gritty texture.

I love it so far. I just wash my hair put in the butter and put my hair in a pony tail.

i got mine from Camden Grey i havent noticed gritty it has a smooth texture to it not clumpy like shea butter i love it

length4me said:
Hey 4Mia,

What is your hair type? Are you texlaxed? How are you using the butter.

TIA

im not sure about hair type but im relaxed and so far i have been using a mist moisturizing spray and then rub some avocado butter in just a little you dont even need alot, the past couple of days i skipped the spay because the butter has been enough

Thanks to CandyC's rave review, I also purchased avocado butter from FNWL. I don't know what kind everyone else got, but mine is very smooth and when I rub in my hands kinda melts for easy application.

I have replaced my previous hair oils (ORS carrot oil and Keracare essential) with avocado butter and Jojoba oil (thanks to Evazhair). I haven't used it on wet hair yet, but I use a little on my ends everyday. Breakage is non-existent for me now.

I also ordered 1 lb avocado butter from oilsbynature.com. It had no gritty texture. It was very smooth and solid.It also melts right into my hands and hair I keep mine in the refrigerator and have a small amount in a container that I am using.
Are you ladies storing it in the refrigerator? That could be the culprit of the texture change. When I recieved it, I immediately refrigerated it unopened and didn't use it for a few days.

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
can anyone reccomend a good brand? i cant seem to find any other than burts bees.....
I got mine from camdengrey.com and I agree with the op, it is off the hook.

camellia.....your hair is so lovely in your avatar.

zzirvingj said:
The kind I got from camdengrey isn't gritty at all. It's very smooth and creamy.

Cholet112 said:
I ordered mine from Organic Creations www.organic-creations.com . 1/2 lb was $5.00 and the shipping was $4.60. Barb (owner) was great and I cant wait to try it.
Wow, that's a good price and good shipping. I'm going to check that site out. Can you let us know how the quality is? I need to order some more.

zzirvingj said:

I've rubbed the avocado butter inbetween my hands and it melted, but the gritty grains still remained and were inbetween my fingers. Melting the avocado butter on the stove is too much of a hassle for me.

Evazhair said:
I also ordered 1 lb avocado butter from oilsbynature.com. It had no gritty texture. It was very smooth and solid.It also melts right into my hands and hair I keep mine in the refrigerator and have a small amount in a container that I am using.
Are you ladies storing it in the refrigerator? That could be the culprit of the texture change. When I recieved it, I immediately refrigerated it unopened and didn't use it for a few days.

I got mine from oilsbynature.com to and it was smooth and solid. I just keep mine in the closet were it's dark and cool with no problem. But the one I got from FNWL was very gritty but it melts with no problem. I prefer oilsbynature better though.

Pokahontas said:
Wow, that's a good price and good shipping. I'm going to check that site out. Can you let us know how the quality is? I need to order some more.

I will definitely let you know as soon as I get mine.

Yup I just tried some avocado butter today for the first time and between that and hemp seed butter I'm a fan for life! Time to update my siggy :lol:

Back