Aveda DR Users:

tapioca_pudding

I just bought the Shampoo and Intensive Treatment on Tuesday. I used it and I notice a stronger feeling to my hair.. cant explain it but I like it. However, it seems kinda dry. So I was thinking about changing my order:

Prepoo w/ Aveeda DR Treatment + Keracare essential oil
Poo w/ Aveeda DR poo
DC w/ NTM Mask afterwards

For those who use this line - do you use it weekly? Do you do a DC w/ moisture afterwards or is this more of a 'light' protein?

Just looking for thoughts as per usual. :D Thanks in advance....

i dont use it weekly but like, maybe 2x a month. when i do use the intensive weekly or i should say, i did use it weekly but found my hair was not quite right so i mix it with brilliant conditioner. thats why i just figured i may as well use it bi-weekly-ish. i wash weekly.
does that make sense?????
in other words. when i did use it weekly my hair felt funny, maybe dry would be accurate to say. then i started mixing it with brilliant and it was ok then. so i decided to just use it maybe twice a month or 1 time a month, but when i do, i mix a little brilliant with it :)

Last edited:
kels823 said:
I just bought the Shampoo and Intensive Treatment on Tuesday. I used it and I notice a stronger feeling to my hair.. cant explain it but I like it. However, it seems kinda dry. So I was thinking about changing my order:

Prepoo w/ Aveeda DR Treatment + Keracare essential oil
Poo w/ Aveeda DR poo
DC w/ NTM Mask afterwards

For those who use this line - do you use it weekly? Do you do a DC w/ moisture afterwards or is this more of a 'light' protein?

Just looking for thoughts as per usual. :D Thanks in advance....

I DC w/moisture afterwards. It can leave your hair feeling dry...but it does work!

I use this for Sat Wash. I poo with the DR poo. Then I put the DR treatment on for 30 min with a plastic cap. Then I use the DR cond. My hair is soft and tangle free every time. I also use the Elixir leave in and the Styling Curressence. Roller set and the results are shiney, bouncy hair with a lot of body! Love this stuff! On Wed I use my Dominican products.

Since I'm currently in braids I just use the poo once a week. i have used both the damage remedy reconstructor and deep cond. They work for me just fine in the order that they suggest. But for you, since you are having trouble with dryness, I would say to use the deep cond. as a pre-poo w/ an oil like you suggested. Try coconut oil or avocado oil. you will be amazed at the softness.

I am going to try following it with a moisturizing conditoner. I notice that the closer I get to touch-up time, the more drying it seems to me. I still love it though. It is the best combo to use during your relaxer process.

Thanks so much for the responses! Its the 3rd day after my wash.. Ive moisturized twice every day since I poo'd and the moisture is coming back. I just REALLY like the strength that it added..

kels823 said:
Thanks so much for the responses! Its the 3rd day after my wash.. Ive moisturized twice every day since I poo'd and the moisture is coming back. I just REALLY like the strength that it added..

Hey Kels,

When I purchased the DR set, I was told by the associate to poo, then condition with the DR, and then apply the treatment with or without heat for about 15-20 minutes. It works great for me this way and my hair usually hates the cones that this stuff has. She said the treatment seals in the moisture from the conditioner and thus, no dryness. So I guess if you are using the treatment then a conditioner, you may be sealing out the benefits of the conditioner and the moisture doesn't last. HTH!;)

When I use my Aveda DRC, I poo then I use the treatment and the the con together, under a plastic cap, 20 minutes, no heat, wrapped in warm towel. I've not had any dryness with it this way.

Back