August 2009: What did you buy this week?

I'm proud of myself. I stayed near bugdet getting:
IC Heat Protectant Serum
A Clip on Bun
2 different Head Wraps
Porosity Control
Aphogee Protein Treatment
1/2 inch Flexi-Rods

TJ nourish spa shampoo and condish
ORS deep conditioner in the bottle
TJ tea tree tingle conditioner

alterna caviar conditioner (LOVE IT!!!)
aphogee prov leavin
aphogee green tea reconstructor
silk elements moisturizng treatment
2 hair rinses
GVP paul mitchell skinny serum

i need to slow down lol

2 moist 24/7 conditioners (restock)
Bottle of s-curl (blue and white)
More baggies

I think that is about all i need for this month

After using the Aphrodite 03 Ionic Hair & Face tabletop Steamer for 3 weeks, I’m wasn’t really happy with it;
1. Some of the plastic pieces in the hood were not aligned which caused the steam to escape from various places in the hood
2. The steam get’s far too hot to the extent that it hurt my scalp
3. The steam wasn’t evenly distributed and the back section of my hair failed to reap as much benefit as the front sections
4. Lastly, the intensity of the steam was subpar
:nono: …… I returned it (I may have gotten a faulty one).
Luckily enough, I was reading a post about the Takara Belmont Micro Mist Hair steamer from Cream Tee, did some further research - it look's like a great investment - and bought a brand new one on ebay for a really good price!!!! I’m soooooooooooo excited :yay:.

Here's a description and video of my new baby;

http://www.takara-belmont.com/ourpr...Belmont Micro Mist&moviefile=micro_mist_video

Has your hair been damaged by sun, hair colouring, straightening or perming? As you probably already know most hair treatments don't solve this problem. Micro Mist hair is a treatment that uses the power of water to penetrate deep into the hair. It swells the hair and enhances any treatments that you have had.

The micro mist system comes to us from Japan and had been over a decade in the making. The treatment is locked into the hair. Convenient steamers boil water at 100 degrees to create steam. However the height of this temperature often causes more damage to the hair than it repairs. The micro mist system is different as it doesn't steam water; it uses ultra sound to generate mist and warms it in accordance to your hair type; keeping the temperature far below 100 degrees.

The micro mist treatment has six main functions:

• Hot wind - for warming up

• Hot fog - for helping hair absorb nutriments via utilizing the energy generated through cavitations effect.

• Cold fog - for helping the hair cortex absorb nutriments by adapting the quantum technique

• Ozone - for sterilizing and disinfecting

• Aromatic remedy - purifying the hair with water

A treatment using the micro mist system usually lasts just over six minutes, in which time you have several minutes of warmth then a shot of cold, which is used to close the hair cuticles. This is how the treatment is locked into the hair. You walk out of the salon with silky smooth hair that can last between 7 and 10 days and a few weeks.

Out of the six main functions of the micro mist system the three main ones that you need to know most about are the following:

Deep penetration of the hair

Heating activates the molecular movement of treatment agents and water in hair.
At the same time, heated micro mist swells the hair and enhances treatment agents permeate deep into each hair.

Setting in place

Cooled air sent from the fan draws vaporized heat and rapidly soothes the molecular movement that has been activated by heat energy. This action reinforces fixation of treatment agents to the inside of damaged hair.

All over effect

By circulating a large quantity of mist in the hood where the temperature is excellently controlled, the entire hair evenly receives heat energy. Each hair gets a treatment effect and retains moisture, resulting in healthy and youthful hair.

The Micro Mist system repairs and rejuvenates your hair, giving it strength, suppleness and a longer lasting shine.

If you are hoping to take advantage of the great benefits the micro mist system has to offer then get into with your salon today as this treatment is unique to salons and can't be done at home, unless you have over £2,000 spare that is! The micro mist system creates a smooth and relaxing sensation for the customer while the same time provides effective treatment for dry and damaged hair. The micro mist system is said to be the most effective treatment for damaged hair so book your appointment today

Last edited:
My nails are starting to look horrible right now and I need something that will not only work on nails but my hair as well. So yesterday, I bought a 1oz bottle of Biosil to solve that problem.

I also bought:

1 bottle of Rainbow Light Prenatal Just One Multi-vitamin (90 capsules).

1 16oz bottle of grapeseed oil for prepooing, adding to my deep conditioners and scalp massages. I usually make my MN mixture from this and I don't have anymore left.

2 Jars of Organic Coconut Oil - running low on this too.

1 bottle of Jason Natural Sea Kelp Conditioner - believe it or not, I am running low on my organic conditioners already.

Joico Kpak-Shampoo,Reconstructor and Intense Hydrator Conditioner
Abba Pure Moisture Conditioner- Liter Size

cantu oil moisturizer, goody add + shine brush, It's a Curl for Babies, Curly Q's Curly Milkshake, Conditioner, curl gel les c, and pomade. Probably won't use Curly Q's any time soon.

3 boxed Jamila Henna
JA/S/O/N Natural Henna High-Lights Conditioner
J/A/S/O/N Natural Sea Kelp Conditioner
Honey

I bought a BaByliss Thermal Ionic Pro (Hood) Dryer from a lady off of CraigsList this week, and I'm about to go to the BSS today and maybe the Indian Store tomorrow after church. I have a whole list of things I want to purchase.

just a bottle of lacio lacio up the street from my job today. it did such a FAB job on my bff's hair that i wanted some more cause i have to flat iron soon for a trim.

Early this week I bought:

1 - 33.8oz bottle of Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor:yay:, I can't wait to use this one.

1 - 10.1oz bottle of Joico Silk Result Smoothing Conditioner for fine/normal hair. If I like this one, it will replace my Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioner.

1 - 10.1oz bottle of Joico Daily Care Conditioner for normal/dry hair, per gymfreak's recommendation:yep:.

I don't know if I posted these before but I'll post them anyway:grin::

1 - 1oz bottle of Natrol Biosil

1 Bottle of Rainbow Light Prenatal One MultiVitamin - 90 capsules (these vitamins give me a lot of energy I find. I have only been using them the complete prenatal system for a week now but you have to take too many (6 total) a day so I am switching to the RL Prenatal One Multi a day.

1 - 16oz bottle of Grapeseed Oil.

• 4 extra-long hair clips/barrettes
  • Coconut oil
  • Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Replenishing Mask (love this stuff!)
  • Motions Nourish Leave In Conditioner

Jasmine's Beauty Supply

2 Moisture Renewal Leave In Conditioners
2 Shea Butter Conditioning Creame Rinse
1 Body Frosting in Mango Papaya
1 Intense Reconstructioning Hair Treatment System

Ayurnatural

3 in 1 Shikaikai soap
3 boxes of amla powder
1 box of brahmi powder
2 boxes of karishma henna

1 bottle of Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment (I've heard a lot of good things about this and I really just want to try it)

1 16oz bottle of Banana Brulee Deep Conditioner (just wanted to try it)

Plan on buying:
a big bottle of Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor
a bottle of Joico K Pak Reconstructor
a K Cutter comb
a bottle of apple cider vinegar
a couple bottles of Aubrey Organics Honesuckle Rose Conditioner
honey
coconut cream

I have to stock up for the next couple of months. I'll be too busy working to shop. :yep:

Clear Color Showers - on clearance at roundbrush
FHI Hot Sauce - on clearance at Frizzy2Silky
Curlformers Kit
Qhemet AOHC
Qhemet Burdock Root Cream
Qhemet Honey and Olive Hydrating Balm

Back