Attraction

Ms Red

How important is attraction to you in a relationship?

There are different levels of attraction I'm sure. Ranging from the 'cannot keep my hands off him' version :lick: to the 'semi-repulsed but alright with a couple of drinks' version :rolleyes:

So in a relationship, how important is it to you in the grand scheme of things? And what is the minimum level you have to have?

Are you talking about physical attractiveness? Because the physical is important but in the grand scheme of things not that important to me because no one is going to look how they look when you first met them. Ive seen guys my moms age who she swears were lookers back then and its unbelieveable until I see an old picture. Ive dated a guy that I was very attracted too in the beginning then he just became average and Ive dated a guy who I was so unattracted to physically but became attracted to him after I got to know him. So with all that said in my book not too important in the grand scheme of things. :yep:

Not necessarily just physical. That feeling that gives you 'butterflies' in your stomach... or the sparks that fly between the two of you... that type of attraction.

Hope that makes sense!
Are you talking about physical attractiveness? Because the physical is important but in the grand scheme of things not that important to me because no one is going to look how they look when you first met them. Ive seen guys my moms age who she swears were lookers back then and its unbelieveable until I see an old picture. Ive dated a guy that I was very attracted too in the beginning then he just became average and Ive dated a guy who I was so unattracted to physically but became attracted to him after I got to know him. So with all that said in my book not too important in the grand scheme of things. :yep:

Not necessarily just physical. That feeling that gives you 'butterflies' in your stomach... or the sparks that fly between the two of you... that type of attraction.

Hope that makes sense!

Oh ok. I got that feeling from the last guy I dealt with....and it didnt work out :lol: but I gotchu.

How important is attraction to you in a relationship?

There are different levels of attraction I'm sure. Ranging from the 'cannot keep my hands off him' version :lick: to the 'semi-repulsed but alright with a couple of drinks' version :rolleyes:

So in a relationship, how important is it to you in the grand scheme of things? And what is the minimum level you have to have?

:lachen::lachen::lachen: @ the bolded, Cupcake.

I don't think I could do the semi-repulsed but alright with a couple of drinks. :nono:

I've had situations where I wasn't attracted to the guy physically at first, but the mental part was definitely there. After a couple of months, it was a different story, and he started looking better and better to me. :lick:

And personally, I've never had the "can't keep your hands off of each other" type of attraction to last.

I have been thinking about this because Im sort of dating? a guy that I am not really physically attracted to. Im not repulsed but I dont have that "I cant keep my hands off of him." feeling. I know what thats like and yea that did not last and I dont remember much but those moments of lust. But they guy now we have strong mental and emotional connection. So Im really trying to understand is this what makes a stronger realtionship?

there has to be some form of attraction. as long as he appeals to me that's all that matters because everyone doesn't have the same taste. as long as we are compatible and we have a good connection i can look over most things but at the same time i have flaws as well. i have never had a cute boyfriend and im not bothered by it because i look at the person's heart. you know the funny thing is women are always complaining about men and are always after these video vixens and how they wish men would judge them by their personalities when we are just as bad as they are. and another thing that's probably why a lot of these women are single because they let an ugly man go to get with a pretty boy who dogs them out the first chance they get. jmo

there has to be some form of attraction. as long as he appeals to me that's all that matters because everyone doesn't have the same taste. as long as we are compatible and we have a good connection i can look over most things but at the same time i have flaws as well. i have never had a cute boyfriend and im not bothered by it because i look at the person's heart. you know the funny thing is women are always complaining about men and are always after these video vixens and how they wish men would judge them by their personalities when we are just as bad as they are. and another thing that's probably why a lot of these women are single because they let an ugly man go to get with a pretty boy who dogs them out the first chance they get. jmo

Thats so true. I could not be with someone I had no sort of attraction to. But yea its like even if your with a guy whose not all that your friends will joke you about it. One of my good friends her own nephew hit on me and it was a big joke. Im like why cause hes short?

:lol: Sunshinebeautiful

I also think attraction can grow, like people can grow on you :yep: As long as they have the fundamentals...

I think mental attraction can trump physical in some instances.
:lachen::lachen::lachen: @ the bolded, Cupcake.

I don't think I could do the semi-repulsed but alright with a couple of drinks. :nono:

I've had situations where I wasn't attracted to the guy physically at first, but the mental part was definitely there. After a couple of months, it was a different story, and he started looking better and better to me. :lick:

And personally, I've never had the "can't keep your hands off of each other" type of attraction to last.

You know what, missty, I was just thinking that sometimes the mental and emotional attraction can be just as strong/unyielding as the physical attraction.
I have been thinking about this because Im sort of dating? a guy that I am not really physically attracted to. Im not repulsed but I dont have that "I cant keep my hands off of him." feeling. I know what thats like and yea that did not last and I dont remember much but those moments of lust. But they guy now we have strong mental and emotional connection. So Im really trying to understand is this what makes a stronger realtionship?

Hope that makes sense!

This is very important to me. And it's def not just physical, cause a man that most would find extremely fine as hell would not give me that feeling. It's def more of a mental, personality type thing for me.
Right now, I'd like to go on a date pretty soon, but part of me is nervous and apprehensive b/c I haven't been on a date in a long time, i'm just getting out of a relationship and my ex SO is really a character, I find that attractive. I can't dig a boring dude. I love to laugh. If the guy isn't funny, there just has to be something about him that attracts me to him... even if he looks great on paper.
My gf wants me to go out on a date with a dude I briefly met, back in Sept. He's about 29/30, no kids, Harvard grad school, has a beautiful condo very focused, great job... He's the type of guy that looks great on paper, but I don't know how 'attracted' I will be to him.... we'll see. I just can't do a corn ball, I don't care how fine he is :nono:

This is very important to me. And it's def not just physical, cause a man that most would find extremely fine as hell would not give me that feeling. It's def more of a mental, personality type thing for me.
Right now, I'd like to go on a date pretty soon, but part of me is nervous and apprehensive b/c I haven't been on a date in a long time, i'm just getting out of a relationship and my ex SO is really a character, I find that attractive. I can't dig a boring dude. I love to laugh. If the guy isn't funny, there just has to be something about him that attracts me to him... even if he looks great on paper.
My gf wants me to go out on a date with a dude I briefly met, back in Sept. He's about 29/30, no kids, Harvard grad school, has a beautiful condo very focused, great job... He's the type of guy that looks great on paper, but I don't know how 'attracted' I will be to him.... we'll see. I just can't do a corn ball, I don't care how fine he is :nono:

Well hand over his number and let me know if he doesn't work out for you!!!! lmao :)

Back