As promised...my silk wrap process w/pics.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
To start I roller set my hair in ponytails except for my bang area where I put 2 rollers w/o pony. I did 8 ponytails (4 in back-2 rollers per pony, 2 on each side-1 roller per pony) I should do more rollers but I'm too lazy and I don't think I'd fit under my Pibbs. I used the black rollers and diluted Lottabody setting lotion (not the ready to use kind). I forgot to take a pic of the set but I have one of the rollers just taken out.

Rollers taken out, bands taken off pony's, un-combed:

4256513779_3804a33257.jpg

Combed out the curls, getting ready to wrap:

4256513787_10bf3e4011.jpg
<----
see the crinkles at my roots....the silk wrap will take care of those...I don't know how but it does, lol.

4257279590_9aeeb175a5.jpg

4257279594_a9ae687676.jpg

4257279596_4ecb9d6ce3.jpg

After silk wrap, before flat ironing roots.
(I wrapped my hair after using a very small amount of moisturizer, covered with one layer of saran wrap and sat under the dryer for about 15-20 minutes) See how is straightens it out a lot more.....this is good if you want a straighter look because you don't have to use a flat iron.

4269211388_eafd7020b6.jpg

4268558189_5f214d7298.jpg

Final results
(I flat ironed my edges, nape, and some crinkly areas in the top....used my maxiglide) I also cut some inches off of my bangs:grin:.

4269211380_bcb6060ea9.jpg

4269211382_0dc5950c4a.jpg

4269216778_d174937d67.jpg

4268589743_fbe9f7f316.jpg

4268580063_6ab80cfcd6.jpg

4268580057_ff54ac74a0.jpg

This took a lot of time!...but I love the results. And it's all with very little direct heat.:grin:

Just let me know if you all have any questions about this process.

Gorgeous!

This is similar to what I do but with less ponys ( I am so lazy).

Your hair is SO BEAUTIFUL! Simply stunning!

looks great!

do you cross wrap under the saran? or do a regular wrap?

I sometimes find that the normal way I do wraps makes my hair/roots poof up....
but I guess that won't matter after the saran heat treatment?

I def want to try this method of straightening next though - the only thing stopping me is the time it takes (lazy) lol

My main problem with flat ironing as a natural is getting these ends smooth now.

Last edited:
looks great!

do you cross wrap under the saran? or do a regular wrap?

I sometimes find that the normal way I do wraps makes my hair/roots poof up....
but I guess that won't matter after the saran heat treatment?

I def want to try this method of straightening next though - the only thing stopping me is the time it takes (lazy) lol

My main problem with flat ironing as a natural is getting these ends smooth now.
I wrap the normal way. I've never tried it w/a cross-wrap.

Beautiful hairdo, as usual! :)

Question: What does the rollers look like that you use? Where do you get them?

Thanks for the tutorial! Your posts, blogs & product recs are SO helpful. :)

Last edited:
Beautiful hairdo, as usual! :)

Question: What does the roller look like that you use? Where do you get them?

Thanks for the tutorial! Your posts, blogs & product recs are SO helpful. :)

Thanks Diva_Esq. I'll attach a pic of another set I did using the black rollers. I got them at a asian bss, they have them at pretty much any of them.

This pic looks so funny:grin:....

Attachments

• Jan08Pics010-vi.jpg
    Jan08Pics010-vi.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 101
whats very interesting is that you use a band b4 your rollerset which is such a kewl idea to me-

because it could actually be a way of straightening roots esp with a rollerset--very kewl

I really wanted to try the ponytail rollerset method, but was concerned about the 'crinkle' left by the rubber bands.

I'm glad to see the silk wrap virtually takes care of the crinkle.

Thank you!!

whats very interesting is that you use a band b4 your rollerset which is such a kewl idea to me-

because it could actually be a way of straightening roots esp with a rollerset--very kewl
Yes, that's one of the reasons why I do the ponytails, they straighten my roots very well. Much better than a regular rollerset ever could.

Thanks Diva_Esq. I'll attach a pic of another set I did using the black rollers. I got them at a asian bss, they have them at pretty much any of them.

This pic looks so funny:grin:....

Wow! Those are big. I need more hangtime first. :look::lachen: And you put your hair in ponies first. Comes out beautiful! Thanks for answering.

:love4:I have said it once B4 and I will say it again! You have very lovely tresses Pokahontas.....sheesh!

Alas I will live and die by the flat iron I dunno if my 4a/b hair would submit and lay down on a roller....sigh..... I will just look at your hair and dream....a girl can dream right? lol

Back