Are you happy with the length you have?

summerof1990

I started my journey the CORRECT way around March and I've only gotten an inch and a half i should be almost at three but i did have setbacks like always.
Like ends snapping off and stuff.

But i think my regimen improves by dad because i experiment =)
Which can help me get more growth

But anyways are you happy with your length do you think you deserve me ? :lol:

I started my journey the CORRECT way around March and I've only gotten an inch and a half i should be almost at three but i did have setbacks like always.
Like ends snapping off and stuff.

But i think my regimen improves by dad because i experiment =)
Which can help me get more growth

But anyways are you happy with your length do you think you deserve me ? :lol:

Most of us are here because we want longer hair.

Did you mean do you think you deserve more

What are you experimenting with?

I'm happy with my progress thus far, but of course I'll be completely satisfied when I reach my goal of MBL.

I'm happy. I haven't straightened since I've been natural (over 2 years) so I always underestimate the length and I'm always shocked. I'm nearing BSB but it shrinks to my shoulders, go figure.

I want more length, though. I'll get there, provided I can keep these pesky ssks under control. They've been straight disrespectful as of late. Mo' hair mo' problems. lol

I am content with my current length. Once I pass MBL I will be happy. Anything further is icing on the cake

I have no patience. I want waist length and I want it NOW! I guess I shouldn't complain... I went from shoulder to BSL pretty quickly.... but, I still want it now. LOL

Mine is not enough for me and sometimes i feel like even if it got really long i would still feel like it wasnt enough.

Heck no! I've been on this journey for 6+ yrs and I'm barely BSL. I bc'd in 2004 and stayed natchal til 2009, relaxed and made my hair life a whole lot easier. Really miss my naps but my lifestyle is too much for natural hair. Still inching toward WL though.

If this were, a buffet I would be extremely avaricious and I would be ready, willing, and able to acquire more hair length with a generous side helping of thick and another one of extra healthy. Yes, I am not ashamed to admit that I want more hair even though I am WSL.

Last edited:
As I get closer to my length goal, my goal keeps changing and what I have doesn't look as good to me. So IDK if I will ever be satisfied with my length.

But yes I am cool with my length(longest layers is at WL) but honestly I am not satisfied with the ends and I am dying for it to be blunt cut and Full WL(My crown layer is 2-3" short of WL). Im so close yet so far in my eyes.

I need for my crown layer to reach WL before I think I could possibly be happy with my length.

I am happy with my length now because I am a slow grower and thankfully for every cm I can hold on to, but I DO want more NOW. :D

I'm happy with the length but am I satisfied no. I'm still growing it out longer but I'm very grateful for what I already have.

In a sense yes. I wasn't expecting my hair to grow this quickly after my BC, so I'm happy about that. But I want MORE!

I am. :yep:

Having hair that can be put into a pony puff was always my dream from when I was knee-high, and I'm there now. I do know I'll be happier when it grows longer, but I do count my blessings and this milestone is a huge blessing I appreciate kindly.

I'm WL and I want MORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I won't be happy until I can tuck my hair in the crack of my butt...just saying! Then i'll know I have long hair.

Not happy. This SL hair is kicking my butt. I've heard it's the toughest stage to get through and I'm a slow grower to boot :(

I'm fairly pleased with my current length. Im full SL and I haven't been this length in years. This is a decent amount of hair for me.

However, I will be much much happier when I make APL. That is when I will feel like my hair is long.

when stretched my hair is about an inch or 2 from mbl. but shrunken its not even full sl. so now im shooting for wl stretched. i love my hair now but i want more lol.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I'm in the middle of BSL in the back (when people say BSL, I never know if they mean the top or bottom of their bra straps, but I'm right in the middle), a bit longer than APL in the front - and my grown out bangs are at just past jaw length.

I would LIKE to be at WL in the back, the bottom of BSL in the front - and I'd like to keep my bangs where they are. That's like... the ideal hair length for me.

But I feel like my hair has been this length for OVER a year. It keeps breaking and my ends are all over the place. I've made the mistake of clipping my own ends - which really doesn't help - a few months later, they're raggedy again. But I REALLY don't trust a salon to straighten and clip/cut my natural hair. I feel like they'd either take the length it took soooo long to grow or do serious heat damage.

I may make a thread about ends - if there isn't already one. But yea. I'm not satisfied with my length AT ALL.

While I'm happy with the overall health and appearance of my hair, I am getting frustrated with my retention rate. I recently had a touch up, and I ended up losing about an inch and a half of hair, taking me from just APL back to a little past shoulder length due to a MAJOR tangle I had to cut out of my hair just before I went to the salon -- a process I have been repeating every six months or so for the last year. :nono:

I am hoping and praying that these stupid (and unnecessary!) set backs will stop long enough for me to make some real progress during the rest of this year.

I am happy with my length, especially since my hair has thickened up. However, I wouldn't mind getting another inch or two of growth so I can claim full MBL.

I am happy that my hair is the length that it is because it could be much shorter, but i want more. so no, i'm not happy with its current length i want longer hair and i want it now :-(

Back