Are You Going to Church Tonight or Staying Home?

Nice & Wavy

DH and I decided to stay home tonight. We run so much and we are just tired.

We are going to have worship and praise and have a little bible study right before the new year comes in. I'm tired today....had to work and I just want to be home together with him.

What are you doing tonight? If you are going to church, please come back and let me know how it went. I know it will be awesome!

I will come on either in the morning (1-2am) or tommorrow morning.

Thanks.

ETA: This is the first time in 20 years that I have stayed home on New Year's Eve and not go to church. It feels a little strange...

Last edited:
Do you know that I've *never* gone to church on NYE? Growing up, my immediate family always stayed home and rang in the new year together with Dick Clark and some sparkling apple cider :lick: Since moving out, I've either spent it by myself or at someone else's place (don't like going to public venues -- too fearful of drunk drivers and whatnot). This year I was going to go to church but I am home nursing a bad cold, so . . . . I spent some quiet time with the Lord today and I feel good about that . . . .

Do you know that I've *never* gone to church on NYE? Growing up, my immediate family always stayed home and rang in the new year together with Dick Clark and some sparkling apple cider :lick: Since moving out, I've either spent it by myself or at someone else's place (don't like going to public venues -- too fearful of drunk drivers and whatnot). This year I was going to go to church but I am home nursing a bad cold, so . . . . I spent some quiet time with the Lord today and I feel good about that . . . .

Really? Well, I can understand that...there is nothing like family. I love going to church on NYE because its an awesome time spent with the people you love, the body of Christ, and worshipping and praising in the New Year is an experience. I will miss it this year, but...I will look forward to ringing in 2009 in church...hopefully in our own!

Feel better, glib girl. You are such a blessing on this forum to me and to so many people...we need you better so you can keep us answering your questions....:grin:

My family ususally stays home because, well we have service at home anyway:lachen: My grandmother is a minister and we have a little prayer service together to ring in the new year, and then in the next instance, It's her birthday! Her birthday is January 1st, they said she was born while the bells were ringing, she will be 89 tomorrow!

I'll be going to church...hopefully the Lord will send me a message cuz today has been a big battle between my spirit and my flesh. And I need to start the New Year off right!

My family ususally stays home because, well we have service at home anyway:lachen: My grandmother is a minister and we have a little prayer service together to ring in the new year, and then in the next instance, It's her birthday! Her birthday is January 1st, they said she was born while the bells were ringing, she will be 89 tomorrow!

I hope you realize how blessed you are? You have a grandmother that is a minister and 89 years old? Girl, you have got it all!

May you all have a wonderful new year, filled with all the blessings that your heart desires and health and prosperity!

Blessings...and thanks for sharing this!:yep:

I'll be going to church...hopefully the Lord will send me a message cuz today has been a big battle between my spirit and my flesh. And I need to start the New Year off right!

The bible says..."and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:5 NASB

You must have and hold on to the hope that is within you. God has huge plans for your life...what are you going to do with those plans?

Remember...our spirit always wants to do the will of the Father. Time spent with God and His Word will help you to accomplish and overcome your flesh...you will be able to put it down, and under your feet.

Start it off right, kween...get a vision, write it down and then...run with it!

Blessings to you and your family now and for 2008!

Thank you so much! We are certainly blessed! We will have a service to ring in the new year and then I'll be decorating my room with my mother and little brother, It's going to be a fun night!

I'm staying home lol. Not ringing it in this year...I'll be in bed by 10pm!:grin: Kids done made me old:look:

Staying at home with DH, I will be leaving for 3 weeks on Wednesday so we decided to spend NY's together alone.

My SO and I just left church:yep:. I am so happy that I went, a felt a sense of warmth as I was praying. The pastor gave a special prayer for all of the young people/college folk. I was just happy to thank God for everything he did for me last year and the blessing that he gave.

Went to church and had a very good time. The service was so nice-we had good music, a dramatic play and then preaching. Our pastor said 2008 would be a year of living by faith, not by sight. I can already tell that is true based on how 2007 ended.

God Bless everyone and Happy New Year!

I made it to church and I'm so happy that I went.....We spent a lot of time praying. In fact, as the new year was coming in we were on our knees praying and thanking the Lord. Our pastor said that this new year he will be focusing on teaching forgiveness. I'm ready to learn! Happy New Year Ladies. I love you all and God bless you all and your families!

Went to church with SO...it was nice. People got up and said a couple testimonies, sang a couple songs. My pastor told me that God hasn't given me talents and gifts to just use them for myself. God has invested something in me and is expecting a return for His Glory...thats what was said to me as I entered into 2008.

After that I went back to SO's family's house and played chess and air hockey, lol :grin:. Why am I still up? Who knows...

I WENT TO CHURCH. There is nothing like the spirtual high that you recieve on NYE. I didn't have to pay 50 dollars at door, buy drinks...salvation is free. I had a good time.

Went to church.... Got motivating words to begin the new year: FORGET THE PAST. Past hurts, past mess. Enough said.

I did both :grin: My church is based in our house right now so we had members over and when had church and then fellowship. It was a nice time.

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Alright....:grin:

My SO and I just left church:yep:. I am so happy that I went, a felt a sense of warmth as I was praying. The pastor gave a special prayer for all of the young people/college folk. I was just happy to thank God for everything he did for me last year and the blessing that he gave.

Went to church and had a very good time. The service was so nice-we had good music, a dramatic play and then preaching. Our pastor said 2008 would be a year of living by faith, not by sight. I can already tell that is true based on how 2007 ended.

God Bless everyone and Happy New Year!

Your pastor is so on point! Glad you had a wonderful time.

Kweenameena -
I made it to church and I'm so happy that I went.....We spent a lot of time praying. In fact, as the new year was coming in we were on our knees praying and thanking the Lord. Our pastor said that this new year he will be focusing on teaching forgiveness. I'm ready to learn! Happy New Year Ladies. I love you all and God bless you all and your families
Your pastor is going to be focusing on a topic that isn't discussed often in church. It's so needed by the saints....!:yep:

Dreamlife -
Went to church with SO...it was nice. People got up and said a couple testimonies, sang a couple songs. My pastor told me that God hasn't given me talents and gifts to just use them for myself. God has invested something in me and is expecting a return for His Glory...thats what was said to me as I entered into 2008.

After that I went back to SO's family's house and played chess and air hockey, lol :grin:. Why am I still up? Who knows

Wow...what a word given to you, sis. Awesome!

freshlikemoi -
I WENT TO CHURCH. There is nothing like the spirtual high that you recieve on NYE. I didn't have to pay 50 dollars at door, buy drinks...salvation is free. I had a good time.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Relaxerrehab -
Went to church.... Got motivating words to begin the new year: FORGET THE PAST. Past hurts, past mess. Enough said.
Wow...all the words are lining up!:yep:

KLB -
The wonderful thing about the Holy Spirit is he goes wherever you go. She and I had an awesome time in prayer last night in her living room. :spinning:

Amen, girl. I love praying into the New Year!

LadyR -
I did both :grin: My church is based in our house right now so we had members over and when had church and then fellowship. It was a nice time.

That's awesome! Best of both...nice!

Thanks ladies for sharing, ladies!

I attended church last night - just like I always have.

It was nice. I am excited about 2008!

Awesome! Sounds like you got a great word from the Lord!

I too am excited about 2008 and what the Lord is doing with dh and I and the ministry He has given us.

I attended church last night - just like I always have.

It was nice. I am excited about 2008!

Growing up I used to be so embarrassed b/c all of the kids, I was either praying to bring in the NY or I went to church from 8 until 12pm. As an adult, I've just taken it as another day and don't really go out of my way to celebrate whether it is going to church or not, so I stayed in and prayed bullets and firecrackers didn't come near my home.

Growing up I used to be so embarrassed b/c all of the kids, I was either praying to bring in the NY or I went to church from 8 until 12pm. As an adult, I've just taken it as another day and don't really go out of my way to celebrate whether it is going to church or not, so I stayed in and prayed bullets and firecrackers didn't come near my home.

There is nothing wrong with staying home on NYE. However, I love going to church and bringing in the NY with the saints...there is nothing like it, in my opinion.

Glad you had a great time at home though. Dh and I stayed home as well and had worship and praise and prayer. It was awesome!

Back