Are You Embarrassed When An Ex Becomes Unattractive?

JFK

My cousin said he saw my ex and he was looking bad. :ohwell:

I know it's 100% self-centered but I feel like there's this unsaid contract between me and all my ex's that we'll keep ourselves up and always look good. :lol:

I felt like:
"Dam* bruh....if you're buddies ever saw me, I'm still looking good in these streets...holding it down for your rep. You let me down.":lol:

It's vain but it's the truth.

:rofl::rofl:

I'm inclined to believe that many people look forward to running into an ex who looks a mess.

One ex who got fat can kiss the blackest part of my behind.

One ex who looks GOOOOOOOD......he looks even better now than before......I hold my tongue and remind myself that character is what is important. What good is a good looking man who is not good for you. :ohwell:

My ex is HUGE! Lol, white folks constantly used to tell him he looked like Will Smith(I never saw it) but doubt that they tell him that now. I definitely feel like I won the battle of the exes with this one.

I ran into an ex from when I was 18 a few years later at about 21 or 22 and he looked like a 45 year old crackhead.

I get what you mean OP. I wanted to disassociate myself immediately. I actually ignored him :look:

I have one particularly fine ex and I think it would be a pity on the world if he lost his looks.

I feel some type of way about that too, op. I understand, girl. :yep: Here I am, maintaining my sexy, so when they tell people, they get props, like, Oooh, you effed with *her*?? That needs to go both ways. Dont embarrass me out here.

Yeah, I want to disassociate and I don't want anyone to know that person ever had me like that. I have one ex who has really gotten into fitness and he looks really good; his wife looks like Ben Vereen.:lachen::lachen::lachen:

hale noooooooooooooooo

it is my dearest dream that my exes become as deteriorated as possible after we break up

I feel you OP.

I feel that I have an image to maintain and to tell someone that I was with someone that's now looking like a crackhead lowers my stock. :look: :lol:

I saw my high school bf on FB recently in his music industry profile. I said wooooow. Closed that page and quickly thanked God for hubby. The Ex looked 20 months pregnant trying look like Al B Sure when in reality he looks like Uncle Phil.

I can see both sides.
I wouldn't want someone to meet my ex for the first time when he is *****. Idk y...I feel like it reflects poorly on my choices or the kinda guys I could pull back in the day :lol:. It's all pride.

On the other hand, if someone knew him when he was fine and dating me, then saw him ***** after we broke up...then I'd feel like #winning :look:.

Either way, I'm all round happy if, at present, I:
- look better than him
- look better than I did when we were dating
- look better than his current gf :look:

I saw an ex around Super Bowl Sunday and homeboy is busted. He is all bent over, breathing hard, etc. He looks bad and I am one fine, hot chick. I can not believe he is only 1 month older than me. He told me he was going to give me a call. I am sure his arthritic fingers would be balled up, cuz he does not have a Smart/Android phone.

Ew, yuck.

I saw an ex around Super Bowl Sunday and homeboy is busted. He is all bent over, breathing hard, etc. He looks bad and I am one fine, hot chick. I can not believe he is only 1 month older than me. He told me he was going to give me a call. I am sure his arthritic fingers would be balled up, cuz he does not have a Smart/Android phone.

Ew, yuck.

:lachen:

Ya'll got me on the FLOOR.

I can see both sides.
I wouldn't want someone to meet my ex for the first time when he is *****. Idk y...I feel like it reflects poorly on my choices or the kinda guys I could pull back in the day :lol:. It's all pride.

Ditto!

If I'm with a guy and I meet his ex and she's looking dusty and worn down and from the depths of the gutter,uh yeah........ I'm going to be judging him. lol

Ew, yuck.

:lol::lol::lol:

Girl once he punch those numbers in the phone with his knuckles, he's going to try to set something up so that he can wrap his knuckles around you...watch out! :lachen:

It's terribly embarrassing. My ex isn't looking that great and whenever he shows up at something, I feel compelled to explain to my new boo that he looked MUCH better when we were together. You don't want the new one to think he's doing you some type of favor or that he's just sooooooo much of an upgrade. I'm like babe, put your teeth in when you come to my sh*t.

And the funny part is that men usually don't think they look any worse...when they do. You see them 15 yrs later and 50 pounds heavier and they will still be back up in your face trying to rekindle something. smh

And the funny part is that men usually don't think they look any worse...when they do. You see them 15 yrs later and 50 pounds heavier and they will still be back up in your face trying to rekindle something. smh

Yasssssss! That's happening right now! And I don't have the heart to tell dude his situation isn't very appealing right now...

All the men I dated before FH were ***** and obese so I don't care. I'm not used to dating attractive men and having standards.

whats going on that causes so many of yall to be in the same space so regularly with your exes? i never see my exes again after we break up. if i were to run into any of my exes it would be a completely coincidental randomly-at-the-same-place-at-the-same-time thing.

Back