Are you doing anything NEW to your hair this Fall/Winter?

back2relaxed

I hadn't really planned on it, but I ended up getting my hair evened up last nite. I was natural(had a twa) and got a relaxer last Feb. Well when I got the relaxer of course my hair was shorter in the front and on the sides than in the back. So my stylist didn't want to cut me really short, so she just styled it that way. I have been letting it grow out since then and never evened it up. So I got my touch up last nite, and she was like yeah I see what you mean about your hair being a lot longer in the back. I had asked her to even it up a couple of weeks ago. So she did last nite. Before the cut it was right in between my shoulder blades in the back, so now I am close to having the sides and back completely even. I am back to lower Nape length! So the push is on, can I get back to shoulder by Spring! I will post pics to fotki or here later this evening when I get home so you can check out my new starting point! I'm also planning to get braids on Dec 1...

After all of that explanation....what are you changing for the fall/winter?

yep!

I am currently wearing kinky twists... great protective style for the winter months! They wash good in the shower too.

If the braid thing works out, then I may try the twists in the Spring. I plan to wear braids until the beginning of the year, then give my hair a rest and try something else after that. That should get me to March at least!

For this winter, I've decided to just "go back to my first love" so to speak. ...to go back to methods that were tried and true for me.

:lick: Doing my deep conditioners with heat. I did the deep conditioners, but had cut out sitting under the dryer for most of the hotter months. But my hair loves it.

:yep: Back to Phyto 2 after a temporary four-month switch to Silk Elements. Sometimes my hair felt too textured with Phyto and I was tempted to turn up the heat, but it was stronger and fuller feeling. Silk Elements performed fine, but I know I got great results with Phyto. (That is unless I switch to lye, altogether.)

:spinning: Get consistent with achieving protein-moisture balance by incorporating detoxifying/chelating/clarifying shampoo more often into my routine primarily to remove mineral build-up soon after touchup time. And by extending my light protein (Silk Protein or Emergencee or Phyto's Milky Reconstructor) treatments to every 3 weeks or so.

After my depressing cut from BSL to APL, I can't even put my hair in a bun without it falling apart. I have been wearing my hair in wet faux buns for the past month but it's getting cold! :cold: I'm probably going to only be washing my hair 2x a week instead of co-washing every day. Hopefully I can see some growth progress soon.

I've been brading my pressed hair into 4 rows at night and wearing it half up and crinkly! It looks like loose waves. The best part is I don't have to worry about it getting poofy. The poofier the cuter it looks.

I've also been wearing cute french rolls with bananna clips and I wear a think head band in frount. It looks very sleek and classy:grin:

I'm in love with headbands now!

Another thing, I want to try those flexi rod thingys.

Well...I caved in and colored my hair again. I just love red hues and had to have it! I'll probably post pics of it l8r.

I am going to do the Hard C&G Challenge if I can do the braids or kinky twists on my own.

Other than that, I may do a BC and start over or monthly mini chops until I'm all natural.

I went to an Aveda salon and got a gloss (color) put on my hair. I would like to get a weave or braids in January. We shall see.

after my baby shower tomorrow, i am keeping it in a protective style and head wraps until well after the baby is born

I had micro braids installed last week cos As I am expecting I thought it will would easier for me, my wash/dc/style routine takes ages and I doubt I would have the time.

I had micro braids installed last week cos As I am expecting I thought it will would easier for me, my wash/dc/style routine takes ages and I doubt I would have the time.

I'm getting Micros in 2 weeks. Any advice on how you take care of them? Do you get them more loosely braided around the edges? Anything would be helpful, as I've never had micros before.

I'm doing rollersets to avoid airdrying overnight with damp hair. Also I am doing more protective and semi protective styles like buns and single braids. I've been moisturizing 2x a day and rediscovering Kenra MC works great as a moisturizing leave-in to save dry ends. I'm going to go back to my LeKair Cholesterol to give my hair some TLC too. :yep:

I got HAIR ZINGS from ebay !!! :grin:
I cant wait to try them, jus waiting for the oppurtune moment !
Oh and focusing on the health of my hair instead of the length...treatments, treatments, treatments!

I'm getting Micros in 2 weeks. Any advice on how you take care of them? Do you get them more loosely braided around the edges? Anything would be helpful, as I've never had micros before.

I will be following the crown and glory technique for braids. I will wash once a week in the shower and spray every other day with a spray mix of African Pride braid spray and Infusium 23. My cousin is a braider and she has a light touch so despite being small there was no tightness or pulling. The last I did this I had great growth and no noticable breakage to my own hair.

-Sealing with oils/butters
-I'll probally practice some new styles that I'm too lazy too try

Last edited:
Yes, I plan to alternate btwn Ojon and Aveda products, we'll se how that goes.

And also to wear my hair straight, this pony puff is getting very tangled and it's getting too cold to try to wet it everyday.

I want to get twists on my hair, but we'll see. Haven't done that in yeeaaaaaaaars.

I'm planning on
-going back to rollersetting
-washing my hair less frequently
-using only avurvedic oils
-incorporating scalp massages a few times a week.

I wash more in the fall and winter, which has helped me retain moisture because my hair gets very dry! I also seal with oil during the work day (lunch or on break :look:). Just the ends.

That's about it, less manipulation, less heat, less trimming and more TLC. I'm also trying to use up all the products I own. :lachen:That'll never happen.

I'll be using my new discovery BB Castor oil as my sealer; getting up a few minutes earlier to moisturize and put a leave-in before the castor oil cream so all is 'dried' before outdoors. I've found night time moisture is not enough, I need the morning addition particularly the ends. I'm back to my silk scarves every day under my new cutie wool caps when it becomes colder than the 40 degrees we've been having. Bun, braid, french rolls-not new at all.

-Cutting back to washing once a week
-Scalp massages 2/3 x week
-Stretching relaxer to 12 weeks with cornrows (FINALLY!)

I wash more in the fall and winter, which has helped me retain moisture because my hair gets very dry! I also seal with oil during the work day (lunch or on break :look:). Just the ends.

That's about it, less manipulation, less heat, less trimming and more TLC. I'm also trying to use up all the products I own. :lachen:That'll never happen.

that's me, too.

i'm washing and especially deep conditioning much more in the winter
also i had to re-start w/ my s-curl and castor oil
that i kind of abandoned for a while. i dont know why. haha.

Back