Are You A Demisexual???

Somewhat. I can find a guy aesthetically pleasing but that doesn't mean I want to do the two-sheet tango with him. 90% of the time I'm turning folks down. I miss the companionship but I much prefer to be single. Relationships are too much energy , but I don't do one-night stands. Quite a conundrum.

This is an interesting thread.

I thought I might be a demisexual but I didn't realize demisexuals require emotional attraction to even feel attracted.:eek::eek: Not me. I'm a sapiosexual, attracted to intelligence. It's an absolute requirement for me. A man can be not so great looking but if he's intellectually stimulating, I'm :love::love:. But just because I feel an attraction doesn't mean I'll act on it. That's where the emotional bond comes in.

I need the intellectual connection to feel an attraction but I need the emotional bond to feel safe enough to act on it.:look::look:

There are a couple men in my life right now where the intellectual attraction is there but it's one sided on my part and I know the emotional won't ever be there so I'll never act on it and that's cool. Honestly that's my comfort zone.

Last edited:
This is an interesting thread.

I thought I might be a demisexual but I didn't realize demisexuals require emotional attraction to even feel attracted.:eek::eek: Not me. I'm a sapiosexual, attracted to intelligence. It's an absolute requirement for me. A man can be not so great looking but if he's intellectually stimulating, I'm :love::love:. But just because I feel an attraction doesn't mean I'll act on it. That's where the emotional bond comes in.

I need the intellectual connection to feel an attraction but I need the emotional bond to feel safe enough to act on it.:look::look:

There are a couple men in my life right now where the intellectual attraction is there but it's one sided on my part and I know the emotional won't ever be there so I'll never act on it and that's cool. Honestly that's my comfort zone.

Yes an emotional connection is a prerequisite for sex. But if we cannot meet somewhere in the intellectual middle, I would be too busy rolling my eyes to form that bond with you.

I felt that way too. Like they have to open me up to some profound wisdom or challenge me mentally. My ex husband was pretentious, a know it all. My Beau is my access to the Middle East, so it something different.

My inland Beau doesn't worry himself with current events, but his musical prowess is attractive so I go through periods of WTF and that's hot. We were talking about the Dominican Republic and I was telling him about what is going on now and he said something to the effect of every country has their dirty laundry, should not stop me from enjoying...i was thinking, "seriously, who are you?" My Iranian Beau would have went in because he keeps up with current events and doesn't entertain injustice, especially on my behalf, like, "don't talk to her, I am about to wreck shop." Chile, I never seen anyone go to bat for me like that... Woo... Okay...

I don't feel "smarter than," I am just a trivial person so learning new things maintains my plasticity.

But I can sex a dumb ass too, if I can stand you and the emotional need is met.

Last edited:
Back