Are biased about where/who you get your hair advice from.

The way I figure it, members on here especially might have a mixed hair history in that they have been natural, relaxed, texlaxed, heat trained, colored, etc all at different points in their lives and are able to offer valuable advice. Just because we have different types does not mean we don't both want healthy hair.

speaking of which, someone advised one of my customers who had severely thinning hair to dissolve a birth control pill and apply it to her scalp!.....AAAH I don't think so!

Sometimes, people just talk out the side of their head

I take advice from people who have longer healthier hair than me and who are natural and who have a texture and density similar to mine. I have given myself too much heartache trying to follow the advice of people whose hair does not behave like mine does. In the end this means that I don't take advice from too many people anymore, but that's cool.

Pretty much. I've spent way too much time taking advice from people who have different hairtypes to no avail. Since my hair is really short though this leaves a wider variety of people :grin:

speaking of which, someone advised one of my customers who had severely thinning hair to dissolve a birth control pill and apply it to her scalp!.....AAAH I don't think so!

:lachen:And what was that supposed to do? The tips/tricks some use to grow hair.

Don't get me started on the crap I've heard!!!!! A goodfriend of mine told me how she asked some girl who had full waistlength hair what she used in her hair and the chick said lotion.... I mean really!! If you use lotion in your hair please speak up now and tell us how that's working out for you.

Though I mentioned I was asking out of curiousity it's over something specific which pissed me off... I won't name no names or nothing, I ratherjust see what everyone else's opinion is regarding this scenario. But I just wish that when it comes down to hair some women should leave their catty bs at home and live and let live. :)

You know, I like to get advice from healthy hair (relaxed or natural), I go hard for the underdog that had a setback or has hair issues and what worked for them to get them back on track. Especially if they tried a lot of products.

So even if their hair is chewed up NOW, it may be on the come up so I'll listen.

I love to read about all kinds of techniques and advice about haircare. But when it comes to treating/researching a particular hair need for myself, I'm only looking for the type 4's processed or natural.

Don't get me started on the crap I've heard!!!!! A goodfriend of mine told me how she asked some girl who had full waistlength hair what she used in her hair and the chick said lotion.... I mean really!! If you use lotion in your hair please speak up now and tell us how that's working out for you.

Though I mentioned I was asking out of curiousity it's over something specific which pissed me off... I won't name no names or nothing, I ratherjust see what everyone else's opinion is regarding this scenario. But I just wish that when it comes down to hair some women should leave their catty bs at home and live and let live. :)

I use lotion sometimes and my hair is fine. Especially some lotions have amazing ingredients and work really well. I know a lot of older women in my family that use lotion and I have always had the shortest hair in my family. I just read on another post where someone is using the Beemine lotion butter and others discussed the Bath and body works creams (which I have used on my hair and love)

I use lotion sometimes and my hair is fine. Especially some lotions have amazing ingredients and work really well. I know a lot of older women in my family that use lotion and I have always had the shortest hair in my family. I just read on another post where someone is using the Beemine lotion butter and others discussed the Bath and body works creams (which I have used on my hair and love)

I could totally see lotion being a great hair option if it has the right ingredients. Definitely NOT the standard body lotions your're going to find in the larger chain drugstores like Dove, Olay, Vaseline etc. :nono:

I too have used lotion on my hair. Pre-lhcf, I was trying to find a softer replacement for gel and lotion worked perfectly. I still use it to this day if I get in a bind and have a lot of flyaways. I got that tip from Cosmo.

To be honest, I use product recommendations from only 4ish relaxed girls but use styling tips from anyone. When I first got here I took advice from anyone, but I noticed that the same products that some naturals use didn't work well for my hair.

I take advice from anybody from relax to natural of course it is better taken if I see that their hair is thriving!

Back