April 8 9 10 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Since my scalp was acting up, I decided to wash my hair today.
1st shampoo: Neutrogena T-sal (scalp only)
2nd shampoo: Hask bamboo strengthening shampoo
DC: Hask monoi & coconut oil dc
Rinse
Detangle/Rinse out condish: Hask bamboo strengthening conditioner
Light Protein: Aphogee green tea & keratin spray
Leave in: Aphogee provitamin mixed with silica extract
Seal: light layer of grape seed & sweet almond oil
Air dry for 20 min
Stylers: CR almond jai twisting butter and Honey's Handmade peaches & honey pomade

I'm scared to try the new formula of SD.

Girl, imma keep it 100- I do not like the new formula. It does not perform the same in my opinion. It isn't as thick and not quite as moisturizing. It's just ok when it used to be amazing. I do not plan on repurchasing. Hopefully it works the same for other SD fans.

@gorgeoushair I believe that you asked if anyone had tried the new formula.

@MileHighDiva Have you tried the new formulations? If so, what are your thoughts?

@AgeinATL Thanks for the review! I was waiting for someone to try the new formula of the SWD. Glad to know it more than likely wouldn't work for my hair since the original did nothing for me.

I did grab the Mocha Silk, Destination Hydration, and the End-tegrity serum during the most recent sale. Will be the first time trying those.

ETA- I still have the Vanilla Silk and Chocolate Bliss in the original formula.

Taking down the marleys and will play in my hair finally. I think it's been protected since January.

Prepoo/Detangle: APB Oils, Coconut Oil
Cleanse: Suave Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo
DC: Garnier Damage Eraser Reconstructing Butter
Leave In/Seal: APB Leave In, Soultanicals Marula Muru, Sarenzo Creamy Oil on Ends
Style: Giovanni LA Styling Gel (I may not use this)
Put in twists for chunky twist out

Will be slightly clarifying with Suave Rosemary and Mint Shampoo and will be doing a perm rod set.
I may use the Marula Muru or I may use Smooth Naturals Perfect Moisture Milk instead. We will see.

@AgeinATL Thanks for the review! I was waiting for someone to try the new formula of the SWD. Glad to know it more than likely wouldn't work for my hair since the original did nothing for me.

I did grab the Mocha Silk, Destination Hydration, and the End-tegrity serum during the most recent sale. Will be the first time trying those.

ETA- I still have the Vanilla Silk and Chocolate Bliss in the original formula.

You are so welcome!!

Friday

I prepped my hair for an evening cocktail event I went to last night. I'm always nervous when I'm doing my hair for special occasions but it worked out well.

Shampoo: Naturally Silk Elements Moisturizing Cream Shampoo

Condition: Bed Head TIGI Dumb Blonde (I still have a few ounces of the original formula left). I needed some protein in my hair.

Leave in & Set: Shea Moisture Transitioning Milk, True Hydrating Hair Butter and Eco Styler Gel for a braid out.

Style: Giovanni Pineapple & Ginger Serum, Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade (one pea sized amount) and an edge tamer.

This morning my slathered my hair in Garnier fortifying conditioner (trying to use up a huge bottle I got from Sams) and my peppermint and rosemary olive oil.

Let that sit about 5 hours then I washed twice and conditioned whiled I showered with Dove daily moisture shampoo and conditioner.

Used CON leave in and Aphogee pro vitamin leave in. Sealed with my Manetabolism jojoba oil (LOVE) and used CR moisture butter as my cream sealant.(HIT)

Flat twists with perm rods for the win!

I'll maintain this until Thursday by nightly M&Sing.

Will be slightly clarifying with Suave Rosemary and Mint Shampoo and will be doing a perm rod set.
I may use the Marula Muru or I may use Smooth Naturals Perfect Moisture Milk instead. We will see.

Okay, the perm rods didn't turn out right so I did some twists for a twist out. I will be getting some sponge rollers and magnetic rollers to do my sets until my hair gets a longer length.

Back