April 2016: Hits & Misses

HIT: Just received my shipping confirmation for the products I bought during Hairveda's sale on Wednesday, March 30th!

giphy.gif

Hit:

SM Black Soap Purification Masque. After I applied it, left it on for 10 minutes under a plastic cap in the shower. Super soft hair. I thought I would have to use another conditioner to soften but no. I like the masque for my scalp and because I want to reduce the use of my clarifier. I was told the formula changed and I think this is the new formula, but I really like it.

Camille Rose Cleansing Rinse. Very nice poo. I only need 5 pumps per wash, that's barely 1tbsp which is surprising with the amount of hair I have. Even with my Nexxus, Redken and Paul Mitchell, I need roughly 14 pumps of poo.

Miss:

The fact that I used half a jar of SM today. How?

Still upset that Camille Rose is a shampoo:confused:

Hit: APB's Leave In Sprays
Annabelle's Perfect Blends...PERIOD
My first HG company. I will not be without my select products from this line.

Major Hit: Finally developing a regimen with consistent products and not wanting to try any new product lines

What is it and with what products?

Miss : aphogee 2 step. Clarified & used this MESSY STINKY stuff & it didnt make a difference. I realized it wasn't the right TYPE of protein for my hair. Collagen is cool but the veg protein in it did nothing for me.
Glycerin. Its a no from me dawg ...(i mix it with rosewater to moisten my hair before parting it.that's it. I might as well use plain water). Not a good moisturizer for me.
Shea moisture peace rose shampoo & conditioner. The poo ph is too alkaline & it kind of tangled my hair. The con felt ok with a oil mixed in. My hair was kind of soft but I had knots & i dont usually. Has a great scent though

Hits: hydrolyzed oat from lotioncrafter. It saved my hair from extreme breakage & weakness. Also silk amino acid in my leave in.
Aubrey organics gpb. Great dc
Wheat germ oil ,gives dc extra boost
Oyin burnt pomade as a sealant on my edges & nape. Also to seal oyin hair dew after moisturizing my newgrowth.

Hits:
Herbal essences sleeker the butter shampoo! Doesn't tangle my hair and leaves it feeling moisturized. The fact that it's super cheap is a plus too. Making it a staple. Anyone know where I can find the styling creme? My Walmart only have the shampoo and conditioner.

Aphogee 2 step. I never should have so using this back in the day. My hair loves it. Breakage reduced. This product is going to get me over the bsl hump.

Miss:

Running out of Sweet Nature by Eddie's Growth spray and Wisdom butter then realizing her store is closed, indefinitely!! :bangdesk:WHYYYYY!!?:crybaby::cry4:

HIT:

Receiving shipping confirmation/tracking numbers from Honey's Handmade, Monique's Natural Hair Boutique, CurlBox and Hairveda, next week is gonna be like Christmas in Spring!!:bouncy:

Below are Hits from March that I will continue to use and since for some strange reason I can't seem to find March's Hit/Miss thread . . .

HIT

Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Line
- Used the condish as a rinse out and leave-in
- Sealed with Soultanicals Power to the Pre Poo oil
- Used the masque simultaneously as a DC & styler (I did mini twists with masque on damp hair, covered with conditioning cap for a couple hours then let air dry, soft n juicy twists for days.)

Devacurl Supercream Coconut Curl Styler with Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk and Bee Hold Curly Butter (Bee Mine Curly Butter is too light for me to use alone as a styler and Devacurl Supercream is a good styler but I needed to use a moisturizing, non greasy leave-in and sealer underneath. Another pro is the fragrances don't clash.

Last edited:
Hit

My first Washngo of the season.

Soultanicals Monoi Moisture Slip- Deep Conditioning, Fertilizing Dip, very creamy, softening and made my hair feel really good enough though there is monoi oil( which I hate), this also has yerba in it as well ( I see you Ayo)

Miss

The application of this sodium bentonite, it was really smooth going on but rinsing out my hair felt extra dry. I think I'll have to add more moisturizing ingredients in it

My hard a@# hair, the weather took a turn here in NJ and my hair is rock hard ( looks great feels like butt)

Not a hit or a miss

Soultanicals Aqua Mane leave in conditoner, loads of slip and feels soft BUT coconut oil is high up and I have a feeling this will be a prepoo for me. I cant leave this in my hair. I cant stand the spray nozzle either.

Hit
-Mixing my henna treatment with coconut milk:love:
-DC'ing twice a week.
-Wearing buns/other up-do's to work most of the time. Cuts down the amount of time I spend doing my hair in the morning and (it could be my imagination/wishful thinking lol...I haven't actually measured my hair) it seems like I've retained close to an inch in growth since the beginning of March.

Hit

My first Washngo of the season.

Soultanicals Monoi Moisture Slip- Deep Conditioning, Fertilizing Dip, very creamy, softening and made my hair feel really good enough though there is monoi oil( which I hate), this also has yerba in it as well ( I see you Ayo)

I KNEW that I should have picked this up. How does it compare to her other new DC (the cuticle repair one)?

Back