April 2007: What are U treating ur hair to

MissMadaam said:
What exactly does Shakakai do for the hair???

Another poster (Dreamer) was having bad shedding problems that nothing would cure. She used the Shikakai+Elucence MBC and it stopped it dead it in its tracks. I heard her rave and bought it and used it as a prepoo with Elucence, but I added a lil of my oils (vatika/amla/jbco/evoo) and I hardly lost any hair at 16+ weeks. It only costs me $2.79 but my hair was so damn strong it was unbelievable.

After peeping BlackCardinal's pics, i'm getting the Shaman Fixative & some Phytodeffrisant-hopefully it works for smoothing my hair down more

I'd like to treat myself to a Pibbs Quik dry 1500...kinda out of my budget but maybe when I get that refund from Uncle Sam I might Splurge.

nycutiepie said:
Another poster (Dreamer) was having bad shedding problems that nothing would cure. She used the Shikakai+Elucence MBC and it stopped it dead it in its tracks. I heard her rave and bought it and used it as a prepoo with Elucence, but I added a lil of my oils (vatika/amla/jbco/evoo) and I hardly lost any hair at 16+ weeks. It only costs me $2.79 but my hair was so damn strong it was unbelievable.

Thank for the clarification...i wanna try it but good greif i think I bought enough stuff this month i'll add it to my list for next month:)

Last edited:
Priestess said:
It's fun being a pusha, when you find something great you gotta let your LHCF sistas in on it too! :grin:

Don't worry, Tee. We won't be disappointed in you, we understand. A PJ gotta do what a pjs gotta do. :yep: (and I just had to do it.)

This month I'm treating myself to some Boundless Tresses. (I don't own any growth aids, so it's withing Use It Up! guidelines.) :cool:

Priestess thanks for real. I needed that pass bad. I have been doing really good on the Use It Challenge too. I just slipped and feel. (singing...We fall down, but we get up.) Now, in May, I am getting the Aveda Black Malva.

nelli711 said:
Me a product pusha?:look:lol

Yes, your Avatar has been calling my name like a drug for at least the last month. I just finally broke.:( .........:p (Using it this weekend. I can't wait!)

I just got the Aveda DRC poo, con, and treatment and Giovanni Direct Leave-In. I'm going to try to stick with those 4 products this month and see if I can see an improvement in the condition of my hair.

Well here's the stuff I bought to treat myself!

Proclaim Tea Tree Shampoo (braids)
S-curl (braids)
Infusium (braids)
Hot Six Oil (I usually use cooking oil so this is a special treat)
Miss Key 10 en 1 Conditioner (I bought this from myself :lol:)

I would really like to buy Sulphur8 Braid Spray since I don't have access to peppermint oil right now. Please PM me with your reviews. Thanks.

Amla amla amla
Kesavardhini oil
Haitian black castor oil (had to hunt for it) Having my gramma ship me a gallon
evoo
Peppermint oil

laminates reconstuctor mixed with all of the above as a DC

I think this month I'm going to treat myself to:

Dominican Clear Rinse
Master Cuts C-Pak conditioner
Good Day Hair Pins

I am going to try the Shikakai powder w/Elucence MB

baking soda + shampoo to clarify

and try more products from the Joico KPak Moisture Intense Hydrate line because so far I am loving their conditioner.

This month I am going to buy that So Sexy conditioner from Victoria's secret. I went there today to smell is since I heard so much about it. I love it. Only reason why I didnt buy it was because I didnt have my wallet with me.

I think I will try the Dudley's DRC-28. My hair is trying to flip the script on me! Anyone know where you can get this online?

I'm treating myself to some Boundless Tresses (scented), and I just bought some DPR-11 which I'll be using Tuesday night :)

I am treating myself to some Boundless Tresses (fragranced) and Jamaican Black Castor oil, both of which came in the mail Friday! Woo hoo!

**the ph sneaks the products in the house and under the bathroom sink**
:sekret:

glossyxlipz said:
This month I am going to buy that So Sexy conditioner from Victoria's secret. I went there today to smell is since I heard so much about it. I love it. Only reason why I didnt buy it was because I didnt have my wallet with me.

You will just love it. The scent lingers too. My husband keeps his nose in my hair when I use this.

divinefavor said:
I think this month I'm going to treat myself to:

Dominican Clear Rinse
Master Cuts C-Pak conditioner
Good Day Hair Pins

DF....Let me know how you like your clear rinse. Where did you get it?

MissMadaam said:
Its a new month and I'm def gonna make some purchases to treat my hair.... So far Ive ordered :

Lacio Lacio- ive been hearing good things about this leave-in and cant wait to try:)
Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner-I was lookin for deep conditioner with a mild protein and moisture and have heard alot about it
Sedal Keraforce Shampoo- Simply because I saw in a thread that OneInAMillion :) said that it detangles and conditions and smells nice plus her hair is bangin so why wouldnt I try it and i was looking for a shampoo like that
Essential Oils-rosemary,thyme,atlas cedarwood,basil,and peppermint..in a nut shell all the essential oils that are growth specific..and some olive butter to mix it with
Supplements-Fenugreek, I read on another forum and did sum surfing on the net that its good hair growth and strength and a thicker hair shaft..it has other benefits like its been used to increase bust size,stabilizing blood sugar,helps nursing mothers produce more milk,detoxification,blockin some of the fat that u eat, the list goes on and on..
Also L-cysteine-hair growth ,Biotin-thickness and strength,produces keratin which is what hair is made up of,
Inositol-hair growth,Amino Acid Complex-need it for l-cysteine to work and overal health,and Silica-for strength and healthy hair

Im focused on maximizing growth,strength,and lush hair for the year ..plus im on a no trim in 2007 challenge among others so I gotta step up my game so my ends stay healthy

What are U treating ur hair to;)

How did you like your new products? (If you had a chance to use any of them yet.)

I'm treating myself to the following:

ORS Relaxer (I'm gonna finally relax next weekend since I'll have more time available.)
Porosity Control
Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor

Letitia said:
How did you like your new products? (If you had a chance to use any of them yet.)

Hey there :) ..I havent recived them in the mail yet ...but I have gotten all of my supplements, I started those today...I did get my JBCO but havent used it yet ill be using it tonight .I cant wait for the other stuff...feel like a kid waiting for X-mas ...he he he

Naturellle said:
I'm treating myself to the following:

ORS Relaxer (I'm gonna finally relax next weekend since I'll have more time available.)
Porosity Control
Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor

I bought some Porosity control too this weekend I couldnt resist...I cant wait to use it!

Back