Apr 27 28 29 30 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans

Everything is x2 today because it's also DD's wash day.
DC: DPR for her GLISS for me
I'm about to wet braid her hair into 4 deeply moisturized cornrows. Which we braid out on Fridays and rebraid on Sundays.
She gets LCO (G) Liquid..water/Leavein, Cream..ORS Ghee Butter Smoothie, Oil..not sure what I have available. Gel...Eco Gold
This combo keeps her hair moisturized throughout the next couple of days and makes for a smooth, braid out at the end of the week that lasts for 3-4 days.
I'm behind today but it will all get done.

Last edited:
I have some henna on my hair right now and will keep it in for 3 hours - 2 more hours to go. Then I will apply my indigo for another 2 - 2.5 hours. Depending on how it feels I'll cowash it out but if it's feeling hard, then I'll DC with something moisturizing from my Dominican Hair product line for 30 minutes or so.

Prepoo: Various Oils with CP Ayurvedic Oil on scalp
Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Rinse: Rice Water Rinse
DC: Joico Moisture Recovery & Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm With Honey under dryer for 45 minutes
Leave-Ins: HTN Daily Growth Lotion & SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Seal: SSI Seyani Hair Butter
Style: Several plaits and let it air dry

Prepoo: Various Oils with CP Ayurvedic Oil on scalp
Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Rinse: Rice Water Rinse
DC: Joico Moisture Recovery & Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm With Honey under dryer for 45 minutes
Leave-Ins: HTN Daily Growth Lotion & SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Seal: SSI Seyani Hair Butter
Style: Several plaits and let it air dry
I see you're transitioning @ladybevy. I am too - just started October 2017. I am excited to do this for real this time, even no texlaxing. My roots are looking so thick and healthy now too.

I see you're transitioning @ladybevy. I am too - just started October 2017. I am excited to do this for real this time, even no texlaxing. My roots are looking so thick and healthy now too.

Yes I am. In the beginning it was a bit rough but now it's been smooth sailing. I am itching to just big chop. But then I don't like short hair and so I change my mind about big chopping. Next month will be 11 months. I'm just tired of the two texture. My twistouts/braidouts don't really come out that good so I have been just plaiting it up and wearing a wig. My hair is the healthiest it has ever been and looking thick as well. Good luck on your journey. You can do it!!

I have some henna on my hair right now and will keep it in for 3 hours - 2 more hours to go. Then I will apply my indigo for another 2 - 2.5 hours. Depending on how it feels I'll cowash it out but if it's feeling hard, then I'll DC with something moisturizing from my Dominican Hair product line for 30 minutes or so.
I just read on Hennasooq's website that deep conditioning is not ideal after a henna and/or indigo treatment but light conditioning only. The hendigo needs time for the color to settle, ie, 2-3 days.

Hmmm, could this be the reason why I have been having so much difficulty keeping a lasting henna and indigo color :scratchchin:. So today, no deep conditioning after-all. Let me go dig through my stash for something light to cowash with.

Yes I am. In the beginning it was a bit rough but now it's been smooth sailing. I am itching to just big chop. But then I don't like short hair and so I change my mind about big chopping. Next month will be 11 months. I'm just tired of the two texture. My twistouts/braidouts don't really come out that good so I have been just plaiting it up and wearing a wig. My hair is the healthiest it has ever been and looking thick as well. Good luck on your journey. You can do it!!

Good luck to you too @ladybevy

I just read on Hennasooq's website that deep conditioning is not ideal after a henna and/or indigo treatment but light conditioning only. The hendigo needs time for the color to settle, ie, 2-3 days.

Hmmm, could this be the reason why I have been having so much difficulty keeping a lasting henna and indigo color :scratchchin:. So today, no deep conditioning after-all. Let me go dig through my stash for something light to cowash with.

Wow, my hair looks awesome tonight. I still have to wait 2 days for the final outcome but if it gets better than this, I will be super happy. This afternoon, I simply rinsed out the henna before adding the indigo - no conditioner.

After rinsing out the indigo, I used a combination of two thirds v05 Moisture Milks Island Coconut Conditioner and one third AVG, shook it up to blend well in the bottle and used that to cowash the indigo out.

It was the best hendigo rinse out I have ever used. My hair detangled like a breeze. Now I don't ever have to use my Naturelle Grow Rose Clay or any other expensive moisturizing conditioner to rinse out my henna and/or indigo anymore.

The henna and the indigo color deposited super well. I did something different this time - I did NOT use boiling water, I used warm to hot water only in both the henna and the indigo mixtures. I added 2 tablespoons of amla powder to my already mixed and dye-released henna just before putting it on my hair. I also added 1 tablespoon of kalpi tone but this one was for the scent only). I got this little tip from Hennasooq's website and it worked.

I forgot to add my aloe vera powder (for added moisture) to it but it still turned out so good. I am ever so happy. I thought that I would have had to mix my henna with coffee, but that wasn't even necessary to get a dark color deposit on my strands.

Tonight I sprayed my hair with some APB Refresher Spray to keep it moisturized and will do so again for the next 2 days while my hendigo color settles. Then I will be able to use my shea butter and heavier moisturizers.

Last edited:
Back