APL 2012 Challenge

Hello ladies! Haven't been very active in this thread as I would have liked. I've been busy with school but I finally get a chance to post an update pic. Here's my freshly washed hair lightly blown out using the tension method.

This is the best picture I could get. Am I APL yet?
100_4030.JPG

cantu shea butter leave-in conditioner repair cream is nice so far. i only use a little. my hair is soft and moisturized. i was so scared of this product for years. a lot of people said it left white residue, can't be used with other products, and it makes the hair hard and crunchy. i didn't experience any of this. but i wouldn't use this with gel. i used it on damp and dry hair.

So far no one likes my idea of cutting and dying a section of my hair some crazy color - I'm thinking blue would be nice. I'm so bored with it.

So I had to cut half an inch off. Breakage from not handling multiple textures correctly. I was hurt at first but healthy hair is key. I can grow that back in a month. I am coming to terms with it and reforming a new regimen.

Growingmyhairlong said:
So I had to cut half an inch off. Breakage from not handling multiple textures correctly. I was hurt at first but healthy hair is key. I can grow that back in a month. I am coming to terms with it and reforming a new regimen.

I will be trimming this week as well, probably Friday. I think I need a good inch. I haven't trimmed since July, had an occasional dusting. Ii hate to do it too, but it will be worth it!

Trying to figure out what to do about my hair color! I had been using the spray in stuff, Sun-in which is mostly peroxide and I always loved the results. I had been using it for 2 years I guess but I stopped this April because I figured it was a healthy practice. Started using honey to lighten. Honey of course has a milder effect than the sun-in plus my hair is growing so fast, that my roots stay dark (not complaining!!!). Plus you have to use A LOT of honey. I've dyed in the past with no problems, but I'm afraid to have a set back. Thinking I'm just going to wear my natural hair color (gasp!). I'm like a 1b/2. But I'm not used to it anymore...and everyone has gotten used to my light hair. Dye, sun-in, honey... Since I started growing my hair, I've been lightening it.

I think this is the darkest my hair had been in recent years.

image-664260624.jpg

Recent

image-3999570613.jpg

What do you ladies think? Light or dark?

Ladies, I ain't giving up yet...it ain't over til' the fat lady sings. I have been on my hair game in an extreme effort to meet my goal next month. I keep telling myself that I might not make it but then I say, "I just might". I have almost six weeks to get to APL and only time will tell the truth. I was going to join the 2013 APL challenge but then thought that's just giving up. I have a noticeable amount of NG already at just shy of 4 weeks post so there is hope!

OASN: I bought my new Sedu Revolution 1" flat iron yesterday and I can't wait to use it for the final length check!!

It looks and feel great! No lie, I wanted to sleep with my new hair toy last night, LOL

View attachment 178165

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
Ladies, I ain't giving up yet...it ain't over til' the fat lady sings. I have been on my hair game in an extreme effort to meet my goal next month. I keep telling myself that I might not make it but then I say, "I just might". I have almost six weeks to get to APL and only time will tell the truth. I was going to join the 2013 APL challenge but then thought that's just giving up. I have a noticeable amount of NG already at just shy of 4 weeks post so there is hope!

OASN: I bought my new Sedu Revolution 1" flat iron yesterday and I can't wait to use it for the final length check!!

It looks and feel great! No lie, I wanted to sleep with my new hair toy last night, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

definitely come back and let us know how you like your new toy, I am going to try my babybliss pro at the end of this year, but since my hair tends to poof I am not holding out hope for relaxer straight hair.

jprayze I like the light color on you. What dye were you thinking of using?

NikkiQ I have been so out of the dye game...I dont know what's good now? I know you have had great success with dying.

I got my color done in a salon a few years back and spent $150 for a double process - dye and highlights.:nono:

i want to wash and deep condition my hair today. but i wanted a fresh look for Thanksgiving. i thought about just wearing a bun. even if i wear my hair down, i still look like a fat squirrel.

since i have been doing my own hair, i have never been able to wear the same hair style the next day. i don't have next day hair. well, before i used to just sleep pretty for my hair to last. but now that i moisturize and seal daily, i can't do that. i have to put my scarf on.

Last edited:
NikkiQ

ok here is a pic. it's not a hair shot, but this is how big i am so far.
picture.php

I got 2 packs of #4 and 2 packs of 4/27 mix for my crochet braids, so hopefully that will feed my need for light hair in the meantime!

shortdub78, you look soo beautiful. You have a beautiful pregnant glow, I see no squirrel.

jprayze, both colors look great on you; but I'm a fan of black hair on everyone:lol:

KiWiStyle, I am so jelly. I want either a Sedu or Chi flat iron. Where did you purchase yours from and how much was it (if u dont mind me asking):spinning:

Back