APL 2012 Challenge

@Lurkee, how often do u blow dry ur roots?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

pelohello I stepped away from the blowdryer for a while. This was my first blowdry in a long time. My roots were matted and I was forever in a bun. Looking like somebody's grandma :nono:

Now I am wearing my hair down today and I planning to blowdry weekly. Hopefully without too many problems. I am just tired of looking blah. My hair is a good SL and I want to enjoy it now instead of waiting...

Funny thing happened. After my blowdry, I asked my caucasian flatmate to help me take the picture. She then asked me if I got extensions in :lol:.

Very happy that after cutting 2" off,the hair over my ear is still right at APL and the back is past APL (only cut 1.5" in the back) :yay:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Ive been lurking in this thread but.....@NikkiQ can we see pics after your trim! Thanks;)

4bslbound I trimmed on October 29th :yep: I'll try to get DH to take some length check pics for me during my next wash day. I'll be getting it straightened next month while I'm home. First time having my hair done in a year. PARANOID!!

WTG @jprayze!!! You're gonna be rockin a BSL ponytail if you keep up with this growth rate you're on.

Thank you! I remember two years ago, when I was trying to make a ponytail and my coworker was talking about how small it was. Recently the same coworker says wow, you can just grow your hair however long you want it. I was thinking Of Course, I can! I didn't know tell her my little secret, LHCF! lol:lachen:

I'm outta here!! Lol. The number 2 line is APL, and I'm just scratching it. That's enuf for me... I've been here too long. Cant wait for the BSL official start.

Today I did a corrective relaxer on the back half cuz combing through it was hell. Blow dried very very little cuz I just found my stash of microfiber towels and then flat ironed on 280-350 degrees.

I limited the coconut oil so this time it's not greasy. I'm going to put in some flexi rods for the night, wear it down for a day or two, then do my French braid style. Next year I'll start up again with sew ins because this hand in hair disease is no joke... And for me that leads to heat heat heat.

And btw, my ends aren't chewed up. I trim myself and I do it half hazardly.
July 20th ish 2012

November 15th, 2012

Omg beautiful

Hey ladies still posting even though I'm in the apl 2013 challenge. Little update I'm in mini twist for 1 month love them

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121117_131600.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121117_131600.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 44
hairqueen7 said:
Hey ladies still posting even though I'm in the apl 2013 challenge. Little update I'm in mini twist for 1 month love them

They look really cute and manageable. Ate those triangle parts? Cute!

ok, so i caved and gave myself a touch up. my hair feels so nice right now. i used Creme Of Nature argan oil relaxer and i use CON leave-in spray and a little bit of Cantu Leave-in conditioner. i am airdrying right now. once my hair is dry, i am going to cross wrap it. i may take a picture before i wrap, or after i flat iron in the morning.

i am right at BSB, so i know i will make BSB by the end of the year. with all of the setbacks and trimming like crazy, i am still going to make my year goal! i hope to be BSL by March. i wish i could go back to the MN challenge to give it another go, but i don't know if i can use that while i am pregnant. i will try it after the baby though.

you ladies have helped me get through so much, even just by sharing your own stories.

thank you! NikkiQ

you have made the biggest progress. no joke, your retention this year is crazy! that chick gave you a major hair cut and you are APL and the year isn't even over! i knew you would do it!

thank you! @NikkiQ

you have made the biggest progress. no joke, your retention this year is crazy! that chick gave you a major hair cut and you are APL and the year isn't even over! i knew you would do it!

Yeah and I want to murder her for that cut too :lol: But in the end, I do think that the cut helped me more than I realize. I was so scared to lose the progress that I had made, but I had to keep telling myself that in order to have the healthy ends that I need to reach my goals...that I have to trim it. That's why when I cut those 1.5-2" off last month, I didn't bat an eye.

I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us. shortdub78 you and jprayze will be full MBL by this time next year.

Anybody else making PS hair plans for the coming year? I want another lace wig for end december/NYE up into mid jan then chunky/Havana twists for jan up until my bc anniversary mid feb then a straighten and trim and then enjoy my hair for a couple weeks (bunning/twist out/updo) and back to full weave maybe crochet braids for the spring yep I'm thirsty for BSL PS'ing like mug!

Morning ladies :) just shampooed and now I'm dcing with CON Argan Oil mixed with EVCO and Shea butter oil. May leave this on for about an hour then wet bun after applying my leave in.

ETA: I also did Aphogee 2 min as well since I seen a bit of broken hairs

NikkiQ said:
Yeah and I want to murder her for that cut too :lol: But in the end, I do think that the cut helped me more than I realize. I was so scared to lose the progress that I had made, but I had to keep telling myself that in order to have the healthy ends that I need to reach my goals...that I have to trim it. That's why when I cut those 1.5-2" off last month, I didn't bat an eye.

I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us. shortdub78 you and jprayze will be full MBL by this time next year.

2013 is going to be a great year!!!

Decided to take advantage of a late game day and started wash day. Shampooed, used my Aphogee 2min treatment, and currently DCing. Leave it in until about 5 or so, wash it out, detangle, and let it air dry overnight in some big braids. Going to ATTEMPT to blow my hair out tomorrow so I can do a braid out or twist out on blown out hair for Thanksgiving.

Horrible picture but I finally finished my kinkies they will be in until the last week of December, to make it in time for the big reveal. I'm also trying to convince myself to get viviscal I just don't want to shell out $110 for 3 months. As for next yr. I'm making another wig I need one my other one has been worn out and needs a break so I'm getting queens hair and I may just get a full lace for days when I don't feel like doing a 3/4 wig or my hair .

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2817977429.jpg
    image-2817977429.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
NikkiQ said:
SO cute lexxi!!!!!! I love the color on you!

Thanks I was thinking about doing my real hair this color but it's already dyed so I changed mind however on my weave I think I am going to dye that Stacy dash hair color which is almost like the kinkies but the brown I think is a tad darker.

Horrible picture but I finally finished my kinkies they will be in until the last week of December, to make it in time for the big reveal. I'm also trying to convince myself to get viviscal I just don't want to shell out $110 for 3 months. As for next yr. I'm making another wig I need one my other one has been worn out and needs a break so I'm getting queens hair and I may just get a full lace for days when I don't feel like doing a 3/4 wig or my hair .

What brand of hair and color did you use? It looks really good.

Is what I used there is another brand called Tasha that I've used before also that you can use but make sure you Acv it though.

Back