APL 2012 Challenge

Co washed last nite with my staple of VO5 moisture milks in strawberries and cream. That stuffs smells so tasty lol. After cowashing I let air dry till 80% dry then I began to moisturize and seal. Put on my satin scarf and bonnet on top and off to bed I went. Woke up and put my hair up in a very loose and sloppy bun but it's up and out the way with the ends tucked. I really like the way my hair feels right now. All soft and cool to the touch!! Very moisturized indeed :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'm still here. You may not see me. But I'm here.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooohh.....
(That was supposed to be spooky)

Style for the next week...or 2 ☺. My stylist confirmed that my hair is growing and gaining thickness.

Attachments

• image-3956737861.jpg
    image-3956737861.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 34
Hey ladies,
I havent had my hair straighted since I relaxed in August and was "grazing" APL. I relax on Saturday "thank ya Jesus" after with 10 weeks of growth and I'm ready to see my progress. You girls are looking good, I hope I have good progress to show for my hard work. I co-washed with Tresemme Naturals Aloe & Avocado on my hair and I love this stuff!! Ooooohhhh I forgot how luscious my hair felt after this! Anywho, here we grow!

I'm still here. You may not see me. But I'm here.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooohh.....
(That was supposed to be spooky)

:ghost: :eek2: :giggle:

Style for the next week...or 2 ☺. My stylist confirmed that my hair is growing and gaining thickness.

Great style!!! I can definitely see the thickness your stylist mentioned in the past few styles you've had :yep:

Hey ladies,
I havent had my hair straighted since I relaxed in August and was "grazing" APL. I relax on Saturday "thank ya Jesus" after with 10 weeks of growth and I'm ready to see my progress. You girls are looking good, I hope I have good progress to show for my hard work. I co-washed with Tresemme Naturals Aloe & Avocado on my hair and I love this stuff!! Ooooohhhh I forgot how luscious my hair felt after this! Anywho, here we grow!

If you were grazing APL in August...then you better be ready to claim it after this upcoming relaxer. And you KNOW we want pics young lady!

Hi NikkiQ,

i love your bun, and that hair color!

i'm still here. I've come to peace with my set back. did a co-wash yesterday. Was planning on getting braids done today, but epic fail.

The lady that was doing my hair, was pulling so much at my hair, i de tangled before i went and apparently it wasn't good enough for her. after several times of asking her to be gentle, i got fed up, told her it was not gonna work out, got up and left. I'm so mad because i wasted two hours, just to go home and waste more time taking them out. my scalp hurt so bad. so now i don't know what i want to do with my hair. was planning on braiding and hide it under a wig for the winter, figure i could take care of it better that way. or is it better to braid it with human hair for winter? any advice please?

i'm gonna take my for-ever-trying-to-get-to APL.com self over to the 2013 challenge. i have a new goal. I'm hoping to reach APL by at least May 2013

It was great, the inspiration was real. Thanks ladies!
Kb3auty I'm sorry to hear you went through this yet good of you to leave. I have not worn braids in years yet even when I plait braid and two-strand twists on weekends I give my scalp and hair a break. It's one of the major reasons I decided to use my hair dryer only 2 days a week now. Definitely let your scalp and hair rest a few days, deep condition to moisturize, and gently remove any shed hair :yep:

thanks NikkiQ, I'm gonna do that. k, great i'll stick around till closing day. I feel like there should be a big party at the end, to celebrate everyone's success!
Even though i did not reach APL, i learned alot, and succeeded in caring for my hair.
I second your idea Kb3auty! I vote we have a APL 2012 Party the very last week of December leading into our final length check and into the New Year 2013! :circle:

Started looking at this challenge from the beginning at some of everyone's starting pics. It's great to see everyone come so far! Can't wait til final check in day at the end of the year!!!
NikkiQ it is AWESOOOOME how much we have achieved in our healthy hair journey together! :rocker: You all know I started at neck length, grew into shoulder length, leaped into APL! and now I am near BSL! :yay: Congratulations Ladies!!!! :clapping: One more length check to GO!

Beautiful style gvin89! ;)

Hey ladies,
KaramelDiva1978 we're ready to see progress too! Hair We Grow! :)

Tried out the LOC method tonight. Can't wait to see how my hair is tomorrow. Did a little detangling too while I had the chance.

ForumRunner_20121025_214346.jpg

Sent from my Android...Boom.

TGIF ladies!! Lawd this week flew by!

Any Halloween parties this weekend?? Who's rocking their own hair with their costume and who's rocking a wig? I'm gonna be #TeamWig this weekend :lol:

^^ I have a 50s costume for my church's harvest festival, complete with poodle skirt! I'm going to do a ponytail with a side bang...probably my hair, but I do have a phony pony that I've never worn.

Texlaxed my new growth this morning after 19ish week stretch!! So happy! I blow dried and will post pics after I flat iron. At first I was disappointed b/c my hair didn't come out as straight as I wanted b/c in the back of my brain I still have the bone straight mentality :look: but after I blow dried I was happy with how thick my hair looked. AND I blow dried my hair over a white tiled floor and only about 5 broken pieces came out , reassuring me that my hair is indeed healthy. Pics later today. Don't shoot me! I was excited and wanted to post :(

I just received my relaxer ladies!! This was a 12 week stretch and I didn't get much growth that I can see. She did dust my ends...at least that's what I asked her to do. I'm glad I have until 12/31 to be an APL ninja. My hair is wrapped now to get rid of the bump so I will post progress pictures later. APL IS line 4 on my length check shirt...Wish me luck ladies!

livinthevida & NikkiQ, thanks ladies. I notice the thickness when I comb through it. I know I will be doing more updos for the rest of the year and may even get braids at the beginning of next year. It's funny because I was just in my element with "knowing" my hair then it decides to switch up on me....smh at my hormones.

My hair is still in braids from last night's LOC method. Feels pretty good. Gonna leave them in until the rest of the day, take them down and then ATTEMPT to do 2 fake french braids :lol:

TGIF ladies!! Lawd this week flew by!

Any Halloween parties this weekend?? Who's rocking their own hair with their costume and who's rocking a wig? I'm gonna be #TeamWig this weekend :lol:

I'm wearing my hair! (mayyyybe with clip ins too:rolleyes: havent decided yet) so excited, im gonna be the SunDrop girl and I've decided to rock a twistout:yep:

Attachments

• sundrop.jpg
    sundrop.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 38
Hi ladies. I'm almost there!!

View attachment 174125

8/2/12 length Check

View attachment 174127

10/26/12 (TODAY) length check

View attachment 174151

My hair 1 year ago. I see lots of progress. I trimmed quite a bit in this last year.

I see some growth but nothing spectacular. As I mentioned earlier, line four is APL. I think I can make it by 12/31, what do you think? I'm going on a serious CW and no manipulation binge for the remainder of the year. I CAN DO THIS!!!

OASN: I love what hennidigo is doing to my hair. The color is just right.

View attachment 174133
The Auburn streaks are my grays!

View attachment 174135

View attachment 174137

View attachment 174139

I'm a henna/indigo head for life!

Last edited:
KiWiStyle said:

8/2/12 length Check

I see some growth but nothing spectacular. As I mentioned earlier, line four is APL. I think I can make it by 12/31, what do you think? I'm going on a serious CW and no manipulation binge for the remainder of the year. I CAN DO THIS!!!

Looking good KiWiStyle! You will make it!

KiWiStyle said:

8/2/12 length Check

My hair 1 year ago. I see lots of progress. I trimmed quite a bit in this last year.

I'm a henna/indigo head for life!

Awesome progress! Keep up the good work!

Im about to get my hair flat ironed in a few days and the hardest thing for me to do is not do a length check! Trying to wait until the end of the year!

NikkiQ said:
Damn...that IS cute! Do you remember what you did to get it like that???

Thanks NikkiQ. I just took it down and tried to duplicate it. All I know for sure is I had all my hair going back (bang swooped to one side). I loosely swooped the entire back to one side, held it there and pinned the hair up on the side. I could not duplicate that side pin-up you see in the pic. The good thing is, you can easily create your own side pin-up because I just did it. It was different from the first and not nearly as cute but still nice. As long as you can swoop all the hair to the side, you'll be able to improvise the rest.

What is up with the iPhone, this board, and all the "parse" messages?? Am I the only one.

Anywho, back with pics from my touchup tex-lax after 19 ish weeks. Next time I will do the back and front separately cuz I feel like I had little control this time.

And yes... I overdid the keracare and coconut oil,.. And no,... I will not rewash, lol. I'm just gonna have to work with it till next wash day.

ORS regular relaxer, placenta pack protein tx pre neutralizer, CON neutralizer, suave humectress conditioner ( had nothing else on hand), s-curl spray, keracare moisturizing hair dress, coconut oil :look:

July 2012

image-1847269972.jpg

Now blowdried

image-4221674716.jpg

now flat ironed
image-3116889364.jpg

image-1644506468.jpg

image-1345801844.jpg

image-2251742008.jpg

image-1036317982.jpg

Now I see why there are so many Ninjas here! When u r really close, and maybe there, every movement changes the pic! Hands up, hands down, am I leaning?, is my back straight, my shirt is ruffled, can I subtract the armpit fat?? Ugh.. Too much. All I know is my hair is the LONGEST it's ever been :yay: and I'm so happy. I can't wait to be a ninja.

Next week: aphogee two step tx

Goals: grow my front side (??) longer. They reach my cheekbones ( previous damage, and stylist accidentally cutting my hair when shaping a weave).

Dec 2013: bottom of bra strap!!!

Curling my hair on rods tonight to give it more body.

Attachments

• image-806644840.jpg
    image-806644840.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

View attachment 174133

I'm a henna/indigo head for life![/QUOTE]

Great progress, loooove the color, and very nice hair!! Is henna drying? and it is permanent?

Back