APL 2012 Challenge

P.S. I'm getting my hair straightened next week. Hype! I haven't had it professionally straightened in almost 3 years :) Just hope I don't get any damage...or that I'm not taken back to shoulder or neck length. I will be very vocal. Trust me. But I know my hair is uneven from my at-home trims.

RayRayFurious said:
P.S. I'm getting my hair straightened next week. Hype! I haven't had it professionally straightened in almost 3 years :) Just hope I don't get any damage...or that I'm not taken back to shoulder or neck length. I will be very vocal. Trust me. But I know my hair is uneven from my at-home trims.

Just make sure you tell your stylist precisely what temperature of heat to use or else your chances of leaving with heat damaged hair is 50/50. Good luck!!

Just make sure you tell your stylist precisely what temperature of heat to use or else your chances of leaving with heat damaged hair is 50/50. Good luck!!

ITA RayRayFurious! Make sure you are as vocal as possible to get the results you want without getting any type of damage.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

SincerelyBeautiful said:
Yes mam I did and I will try to take some pics here in a little bit to show how it turned out.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Here are the pics as promised :)

Attachments

• image-2891537265.jpg
    image-2891537265.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image-2036833051.jpg
    image-2036833051.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 71
SincerelyBeautiful, your hair looks AMAZING!!!:drunk::drunk:

lamaria211, what do you chelate with and what is it for? I heard of people chelate after a relaxer to remove the deposits (I think)? TIA!:drunk:

Morning Ladies!!!
I bagged my ends overnite yesterday and this morning they felt great!!

I wore my hair down all day yesterday and you couldn't tell me nothin!:lol: I thought my hair looked so nice yesterday. I was swanging it and flipping it from side to side all day; I was real extra:lachen: I got a couple of side eyes @ work and LOVED every minute of it! I kept thinking, yall just wait till I reach WL. :lol:

So I'm in the mineral rich challenge and this vitamin is superb on energy but I can't wait to see if it really helps with hair growth

Wow it's quiet around here these days!! I guess everyone checked out and are either in the new APL challenge or waiting on the BSL challenge to start :lachen:

I'm still hanging NikkiQ, but no excitement round here. Got my 2-strands in and just riding out the rest of the year. I am ready for the BSL challenge....although I may spend the first quarter still in apl :-/

Wow it's quiet around here these days!! I guess everyone checked out and are either in the new APL challenge or waiting on the BSL challenge to start :lachen:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump::bump: :bump:

:hiya: NikkiQ & Ladies! Vida Ninja Checking IN! I may be busy BUT I'm not OUT! :grin:

In true Vida Ninja fashion :ninja: calling all APL Ninjas to check in STAT! We still have to December 31, 2012 Ladies!

I completed my protective/ workout/ I have no time student style yesterday!

Corn rowed the front and bun in the back. Just wrapped around a SSNR track to fluff up the bun and also use it to partially protect my hair. I hope this lasts me 1 - 1.5 weeks. Every few days I might take down the bun to moisturize, but I won't be combing through it or manipulating too much. I'm over 4 months post so that's a nono.

Washed with CON argon oil sulphate free
Tried the matching conditioner and it was good. I didn't FEEL slip but detangling in the shower was not hard at all. Added some aphogee 2 minute reconstructor.

S-curl and coconut oil MS.

If the braids work out I will repeat next week and add do a half sew-in for the back with a curly or Afro textured hair. This was where I got the idea:

I hope to get better with my braiding style
Great S-style & pattern Carmelella!

Hi ladies,

i was checking out all the pic and updates, congrats to all of you on your growth. Congrats to all the ladies that made it to APL!

I know I've been MIA since June. Summer was very stressful for me. Got a cancer scare from my doctor, had surgery, but at the end no cancer. Thank God!

had my hair in synthetic braids from the beginning of September. I just straightened out my hair to do a length check, no bunno! i have lost so much hair. I know i did a trim last week, but i didn't trim that much. not sure if it's all the stress. And now school is back in session so no time to really take care of my hair.

set back, but i know i will eventually get there!
Happy to hear you are ok Kb3auty :wink2:

Sitting here trying to finish my blog post for Mz. Mahogany Chic...:boredwrk:

Protein Treatment last night w/ Africa's Best Hair Mayo & a moisture & seal with Carefree Curl Gold & Castor Oil. May do a twist-out with either the rest of my curly meringue Miss Jessie's which I WILL be repurchasing because even though the price was high the moisture and hold on my 4A hair was unmistakable.

Also, I'm like 2.5 inches from APL, even with the trims and other nonsense. New photo in the album.

Two weeks into daily:
1000mcg Biotin
1000mg MSM
Vitamin C & A
Garlic
Multi-vitamin

My energy and skin were icky before and my eyesight was starting to go! OMG! Vitamin A deficiency I think! I was seeing blurry for a while, it was truly frightening.:nono::nono:

More fruits and I'm going to try to co-wash twice a week again because I've been SLACKING and winter is around the corner and winter in Jersey is NO FLIPPING JOKE!

BLAH BLAH - so how is everyone else doing? :yawn:
Doing good BrownSkin89! Busy as ever with more staff in my real life :lol: I miss the ladies here and LOVE how I can jump back in anytime to catch up on HHJ!

I wanted to share this cute infomercial about growing hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ciMuVhDXA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
FUNNYYYYYY video Phaer! I bet if this was put out in Primetime Televsion that Patience product would sell out fast :lol:

Beautiful hair NikkiQ! I love the High Bun too we can see the curls and waves in pattern. So pretty!

Plus we need a countdown GIF to the next BSL Challenge 2013!!! ....hmmmm I wonder if I should create one? :scratchch I'll have to ask our LHCF moderators if they will accept user GIFs? Something simple like the bump:bump: only 3 - 2 - 1 for Challenge Countdowns :wink2:

Very nice SincerelyBeautiful! Your hair is really soft!

I have to dust twice a month because I get knots. I know some people just leave their knots and do big trims after they reach a certain length. My hair catches on the knots and creates tangles, so I dust often to avoid that issue. I would seek and destroy everyday, but I am wearing protective hairstyles, so I only get to it a couple of times a month. It actually takes me two months to get through my whole head.

Hoping to still be able to claim APL after my twice a year hair cut in January. Doing a hot with MT to get my grow on.

Hello ladies. I'm a long time lurked. I haven't joined this challenge, but I would like to in 2013. I'm currently about 1.5" to 2" away from APL. I don't really have a regi and that's my problem. I've been transitioning for over a yr now (didn't really keep track). I decided to go natural just because I didn't like going to the salon and shelling out tons of money when I did go. My hair was full APL several years ago (due to daily co-washing) , but I chopped it off to CL twice due to heat damage. I didn't know what moisturizing and sealing was!

Hey nemi95! :wave:

We would love to have you join us not just in 2013, but for the rest of this challenge. So come on in, put ya feet up,make ya-self a sandwhich and get comfortable :lol:

Back