APL 2012 Challenge

Are they from her recent length check? I had to check out the pics from the app on my phone since my work comp blocked them. I'm trying to make it work here dammit! :lachen:

Work it girl! Work It!

Pic 1 is Jan, 2012
Pic 2 Back Shot - Mar, 2012
Pic 3 Back Shot -May 2012
Pic 4 Front Shot - Mar 2012
Pic 5 Front Shot - May 2012

Work it girl! Work It!

Pic 1 is Jan, 2012
Pic 2 Back Shot - Mar, 2012
Pic 3 Back Shot -May 2012
Pic 4 Front Shot - Mar 2012
Pic 5 Front Shot - May 2012

Ahhh ok. Let me switch over to my phone and look. This is sad ain't it? :lol:

ETA: Okay I see now. WTG sajjy!!!

Last edited:
^^^In due time ladies. We'll be there.

Made my appointment for my sew in on Friday. Gonna hide my hair away for at least 2 months. Got the wet and wavy remy hair in a light brown. Hopefully I don't look stupid with it lol

NikkiQ said:
^^^In due time ladies. We'll be there.

Made my appointment for my sew in on Friday. Gonna hide my hair away for at least 2 months. Got the wet and wavy remy hair in a light brown. Hopefully I don't look stupid with it lol

waiting for the pics ! lol
i really want to wear a different wig. curly one. but my job does not allow that! grrrr cant wait to leavr that place...

coolsista-paris said:
i really want to wear a different wig. curly one. but my job does not allow that! grrrr cant wait to leavr that place...

Why won't your job let you?? They suck!!!

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Mjon912 my last relaxer was September 2009 and believe it or not, I still have some relaxed ends lol. My hair was in one of those short tapered cuts.

Sounds like your plan is good. I guess the moisture thing you can kinda play by how it feels too.

Goodness, that really is a long transition... I've always been interested in my natural hair but I already know a BC isn't going to work for me (or my bf) and I don't have the patience to transition for that long, I 'transitioned' to Textlaxed at the beginningod my journey and thought I was going to die because of the hassle...

I've never been big on moisturizing my hair mid wash so we will see how this works out

lovebug10 said:
Random: My hair has really thickened up... If only I could get some length **wishful thinking**

Also have any ladies tried both the hairveda whipped ends & the darcy's botanical transitioning creme? Any reviews or if you tried both which do you prefer? I want to keep stretching to preserve thickness but I know I have to ensure that my NG is nice and moist!

These are the reviews I was asking for. To help lovebug10 out

WTF!!! girl where you work???:nono:
Same here ladies for safety sake lets just say I work for a State office. Policy says unless employees are wearing an "assistive medical device" for handicapped or disabled purposes removable "devices" are not prohibited. One of my staff required a letter from her doctor for the carpal tunnel in her wrists.

Unfortunately without it I could not order her an ergonomic platform or lower her keyboard to extend her arms and I actually head the IT department :lol:

They literally count every dollar spent. I think they believe we'll try to leave the building with a hard drive or floppy disk tucked in our hair :lachen:

This whole situation is just confusing to me so I'm just gonna keep on truckin :lol:

I really don't feel like shampooing my hair again before my install so I'm just gonna do a good conditioner cleanse and coat my hair with moisturizer after detangling.

i was suppose to wash my hair today. i guess i will do it tomorrow. so that means i will need to get up at 4:30-5am to do my hair Saturday before work. if that doesn't happen, i got my wig to save me. i guess i should wash that bad boy soon and don't wait until the last minute.

NikkiQ said:

im in a freekin 4 star hotel facing eiffel tower. strict! no braids normally (discrimination) my twists were banned...no curly hair. only straight hair with a bun. if.its loosen it must be neck length. i hate it im preparing cv for a new job search after family holidays. maybe in september ill be changing if i find something decent where i can be myself !

BronxJazzy said:
I love the maxiglide. It gets my hair straight without getting it too straight.

Yes it did get my hair straight in one pass and I only had it on 5 out of 10.

My maxi glide broke only had it for one year. Blessing in disguise.

It was okay

Hey ladies! Checking back in...it's only been a few days but feels like forever. Got a lot to catching up to do. As to my hair I'm doing an overnight pre-poo with Argan oil and henna tomorrow after work with my Caca Mama Noir from Lush.

@coolsista-paris, yup your problem sounds similar to my sister's except the Ritz does allow wigs so long as they're realistic...no dreads or twists allowed though and they frown on braids.

Last edited:
Back