APL 2012 Challenge

Nope it was a regular size tube. Just ridiculous! :nono:

I haven't ordered any since I saw the price go up. They even cancelled my automatic renewal option on Amazon MONTHS before the prices started going up so I'm guessing they knew this was gonna happen back then. I'm gonna switch back to my GNC Hair,Skin and Nails vitamins.
NikkiQ over at @ Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012) DaughterOfZion1 recommended buying from Amazon here. These are 1oz yet you end up with a pack of 6! :yep:

LilMissSunshine5 said:
Thanks NikkiQ! Did they work similiarly for you? I am going to look up the ingredients now...

Yeah it did pretty darn good. I just switched to try something new

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Random: My hair has really thickened up... If only I could get some length **wishful thinking**

Also have any ladies tried both the hairveda whipped ends & the darcy's botanical transitioning creme? Any reviews or if you tried both which do you prefer? I want to keep stretching to preserve thickness but I know I have to ensure that my NG is nice and moist!

Mjon912 said:
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU...ive been doing research and I already ordered some Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning cream I'll use that and I'm on a search to find some Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship cream.those will be my moisturizers while on the MN challenge. I plan on applying my MN/bb super growth mix to my scalp and massaging, then using one of the moisturizers following up with dr miracles Gro oil...Im not sure if that's doing to much tho, should I be moisturizing my ng every time I apply? Now I just need to find how soon before i relax I need to stop using the MN

eat: I'm bunning for a yr so I can go oil crazy =) how long have you been transitioning for?

Mjon912 my last relaxer was September 2009 and believe it or not, I still have some relaxed ends lol. My hair was in one of those short tapered cuts.

Sounds like your plan is good. I guess the moisture thing you can kinda play by how it feels too.

Random: My hair has really thickened up... If only I could get some length **wishful thinking**

Also have any ladies tried both the hairveda whipped ends & the darcy's botanical transitioning creme? Any reviews or if you tried both which do you prefer? I want to keep stretching to preserve thickness but I know I have to ensure that my NG is nice and moist!

Can anybody help out with some reviews??

What kind?

diadall, I think NikkiQ is asking for reviews for lovebug10. She's looking for reviews on the hairveda whipped ends and darcys transitioning creme.

bajandoc86 said:
NikkiQ Lawwwddd hammercy. :lachen: Rock them celies girl!

True definition of a set of Celies right there lol. Moisturized and hidden under my wigs until my sew in.

Congratulations melisandre! what do you think worked in your reggie to get you to APL sooner this year?

livinthevida

I'd say I found a protective style that worked well for me. I've been hiding my hair under wigs since December '11. This way, my ends are protected and my hair isn't exposed to the elements. I can change my style as often as I want without overmanipulating my own hair (I only handle my hair once a week on wash days). I can access my hair daily to moisturize and/or seal.

I've also put more effort into regularly moisturizing my hair. I'd say those are the two main changes. :yep:

I'm currently barely at SL... Maybe even NL.
I'm natural
I plan to be APL by the end of this year... Hopefully by October 31... My 21st bday
I wet and go but searching for styles that work for me and my hair. I use olive oil and olive oil replenishing conditioner and I'm beginning to use
MN daily if possible

Attachments

• image-2316539436.jpg
    image-2316539436.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 48
  • image-2128748429.jpg
    image-2128748429.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image-4124067305.jpg
    image-4124067305.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image-2547439808.jpg
    image-2547439808.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 32
livinthevida said:
This sounds worth trying coolsista-paris! I just searched the web and cannot find the exact bottle you have there. I think it could be a really good transition from using Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) maybe even using the karite with my OCO reggie! Do you know if the vendor sells that product in the U.S.?

i really dont know if they sell it over there in usa. im.gonna look at my bottle tonight (im at work now its 7am in france).grrr hard to get up. anyway ill try checking later.

livinthevida

I'd say I found a protective style that worked well for me. I've been hiding my hair under wigs since December '11. This way, my ends are protected and my hair isn't exposed to the elements. I can change my style as often as I want without overmanipulating my own hair (I only handle my hair once a week on wash days). I can access my hair daily to moisturize and/or seal.

I've also put more effort into regularly moisturizing my hair. I'd say those are the two main changes. :yep:

I've been wigging it too! I cornrow my hair under my wig which gives me access to my scalp and i can still moisturize my ends, :yep:

So I straightened my hair with the maxiglide and here are the results.
DSC09834.jpg

DSC09838.jpg

Looks cute & a nice fit @skraprchik! was it easy to set into the hair? when my hair gets real curly it's wide and hard to put into anything :lol: unless I hold it all together after a roller set!

That was the best part! It went in so easily. Usually I have to fight a little bit with combs to get them through this hair. This worked no problem! I think it's because the tines are so wide set. It's like a wide-toothed comb and not like your usual small spaced comb.

Thanks for all the details @jprayze! How much are you planning to cut in the mini-chop after making APL? will you continue to use MN after the mini-chop?

livinthevida I think I need to lose about 1.5 inches to be fully natural. Yes I will continue using MN after the chop, but I'm thinking about mixing soon. I'm good as far as not having any side effects, but I want to see if I can get the same results and mix it. There's still not a whole lot of research or testimonies about long-term usage of MN, so I do want to be a little cautious.

I'll have to order some online then because stores are WAY too high

NikkiQ I'm definitely ordering online! I left early this lunch hr to check CVS and Walgreens prices. At CVS the generic brand is just under $12 and at Walgreens it's $14 these are good prices considering it's a 3 combination pack but Amazon still has the best deal with a 6 pack at $13.75 and 1.99 for shipping :yep:

Can anybody help out with some reviews??

Sorreee ladies! It's been mostly Organic Coconut Oil since January 2012 (that's all I know :perplexed) and before that plenty of gel, mouse, and hairspray :drunk: I've just added a Conditioning Cap to my daily reggie...but maybe I need to be a little more flexible and add something new to my routine!

lovebug10 here's a thread at LHCF on the darcy's botanical transitioning creme: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=503487http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=49309http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=49309

I'm currently barely at SL... Maybe even NL.
I'm natural
I plan to be APL by the end of this year... Hopefully by October 31... My 21st bday
I wet and go but searching for styles that work for me and my hair. I use olive oil and olive oil replenishing conditioner and I'm beginning to use
MN daily if possible
Welcome @BBritdenise! Who's the cutie in your avatar? Really cute!

Back