ApHogee or ORS Replenishing Pack to Stall Hair Loss?

ApHogee or ORS Replenishing Pack to Stall Hair Loss?

• ApHogee all the way!

Votes: 54 52.9%
  • ORS Replenishing Pack all the way!

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Just leave your hair alone!

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other (Please elaborate)

Votes: 11 10.8%

• Total voters

DivineNapps1728

It's that time of year when I begin experiencing shedding, but it's currently a bit out of hand; I'm losing more hair than usual and I'm experiencing a little breakage. I'm aware that stress & other factors could possibly be contributing to this trend, but I'm addressing those things and don't plan to be dealing with them much longer; my normal hair routine has remained intact.

My question is should I used a strong protein like aphogee in an attempt to stall the excess shedding and breakage or would that be too harsh? Is a light protein conditioner such as the ORS replenishing pack a better alternative? Has anyone experienced adverse effects using either on their hair when it was in a fragile state?

My fear is that the ORS pack will make my hair too elastic and mushy, therefore more prone to breakage, but the heat needed for the aphogee may be too stressful for my natural hair in it's comprimised state.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I say ORS. It's helped me and lots of other ladies with shedding. It literally stopped my shedding, and I was shedding BAD. After I used it, I had like 2 shed hairs in the comb! :shocked:

I voted other. I used Aphoghee hard protein (w/ the balancing moisturizer) then followed it with ORS. So I would say both. I only did this once, though.

Forgot to add that for the breakage, you can try Aphogee shampoo or the 2 Minute Reconstructor. Millennia Mud Reconstructor (also from Sally's) is really good too. It's the only protein conditioner that's made my hair soft :yep: I think you should try the lightweight stuff first

Forgot to add that for the breakage, you can try Aphogee shampoo or the 2 Minute Reconstructor. Millennia Mud Reconstructor (also from Sally's) is really good too. It's the only protein conditioner that's made my hair soft :yep: I think you should try the lightweight stuff first
ITA, i would start off light if i were you.

I say ORS. It's helped me and lots of other ladies with shedding. It literally stopped my shedding, and I was shedding BAD. After I used it, I had like 2 shed hairs in the comb! :shocked:

I miss the days of little to no shedding, hopefully they return soon! Did you use heat or just let it sit for longer?

I voted other. I used Aphoghee hard protein (w/ the balancing moisturizer) then followed it with ORS. So I would say both. I only did this once, though.

I thought about this, but sitting under the dryer for hours scares me; I'd wanna put in heat protectant under the treatment lol.

I've heard good stuff about the 2 minute reconstructor. Is the Millenia Mud product expensive? It's a deep conditoner right?

aphogee.......2 minute...i use it faithfully every week

Now I really wanna buy this, but I have two Redken conditioners and some organic hair mud mask I died to get my hands on that I've only used once.

ITA, i would start off light if i were you.

It's probably best. I don't want to over do it & I've never used the aphogee treatment on my natural hair, I just happen to have the one use trial packets.

Thanks so much for the advice ladies!!!! :yep: I'll try the ORS pack to start and go from there.

Just for future reference, has anyone with natural hair used the aphogee treatment with great success (no heat damage, additional breakage)?

For those of you recommending starting off with the aphogee treatment could you explain why you feel that's the best course of action? I really want to be able to weight all my pros & cons.

i use aphogee products and they are the best for breakage.. check my girl Ateyaaa.. she is a hair and make up guru from TX.. i love her.. she will teach you something about some aphogee.. she got me hooked im a texlaxed and although she is a relaxed girl i still make it work for me... she made aphogee a lot of money!!!

My hair regime (her's)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUmztQEPWA

My Hair Regimen-Shampoo& Conditioner, Ect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7joDaDZJAk

Aphogee 2-Step Protein Tutorial (stops breakage)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUF2OsGWFRcnd loving it.. FYL ..

DivineNapps, I dc'd with the ORS Pak for an hour under the dryer :yep: Millennia Mud isn't expensive at all, I bought a packet about the same size as ORS Pak for about a dollar 50. They sell the full bottle too, but I didn't check out the price of it. I'm guessing it's around 6 bucks :)

For those of you recommending starting off with the aphogee treatment could you explain why you feel that's the best course of action? I really want to be able to weight all my pros & cons.

I have only used the Aphogee treatment for my breakage and shedding issues and it has always worked wonders. The process is long and stinky but the results are worth it. My hair was shedding really bad last month. I thought after I got my touch up that it would stop. Not only did my hair keep shedding, but when I went to the hairdresser a 2nd time to stop it, whatever she used didnt help either. It wasn't until I did my own Aphogee treatment last Monday that I finally could stop freak'n out. Just make sure if you do the treatment that you DC really well. When I did mine I used the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer and Motions CPR to DC.

I :love: Aphogee!!

However the pj in me wants to see what the ORS Replenishing Pack does for my hair:look:...that darn Tiffers already has me running to Sally's for some Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1!! LOL!:lachen:

OP...to your other post....you don't have to sit under the dryer for hours with Aphoghee- only until it dries which is really quick.

I think you should probably start with the light stuff first, too, if you feel hesitant. I had to think about Aphoghee and research it for a while before I tried it.

When my hair requires something strong I use Aphogee 2 Step Treatment w/Balancing Moisturizer and my regular conditoner of Motions Moisture Plus, but when it needs a mild protein I use Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor.

In the past I've used Motions CPR & Silk Protein but it didn't really work or wasn't strong as I needed it to be for immediate improvement..

i use aphogee products and they are the best for breakage.. check my girl Ateyaaa.. she is a hair and make up guru from TX.. i love her.. she will teach you something about some aphogee.. she got me hooked im a texlaxed and although she is a relaxed girl i still make it work for me... she made aphogee a lot of money!!!

My hair regime (her's)

One of my friends looooooves Ateyaa! She has beautiful hair, but I'm not sure her regimen will work for me; I constantly need to rotate products so they remain effective & my styling options greatly differ from hers.

Thanks though dear! :yep:

P.S. The last link didn't work for me :(

DivineNapps, I dc'd with the ORS Pak for an hour under the dryer :yep: Millennia Mud isn't expensive at all, I bought a packet about the same size as ORS Pak for about a dollar 50. They sell the full bottle too, but I didn't check out the price of it. I'm guessing it's around 6 bucks :)

I can definitely part with a few bucks to try a new dc, thanks :yep:

I :love: Aphogee!!

However the pj in me wants to see what the ORS Replenishing Pack does for my hair:look:...that darn Tiffers already has me running to Sally's for some Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1!! LOL!:lachen:

Lol. As long as you plan to use everything you can never have too many products in theory. My problem is I buy stuff then before I give it a chance I've purchased something else :spinning:

OP...to your other post....you don't have to sit under the dryer for hours with Aphoghee- only until it dries which is really quick.

I think you should probably start with the light stuff first, too, if you feel hesitant. I had to think about Aphoghee and research it for a while before I tried it.

Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but my mom used to aphogee my hair when I was younger (I had a perm) & for some reason it would take forever because it wouldn't dry all the way through. With my hair being natural now I dunno if it'd take longer to dry than it used to, but sitting under a dryer at all is painful to me presently lol. I shall continue to research, but I plan to hold off on using two step treatment until I figure out what effect the heat would have.

I say try ORS. When I was having trouble earlier this year, this helped. I know what you mean by moisture overload though bc that happened before when I used ORS pack. But I use it whenever I clarify and my hair loves it. If it does not work, then I say try aphogee.

The aphogee helped me. I used ors for the first time the other day actually and I hate it so I won't be repurchasing. I've been using the aphogee for a few years though and love the results.

Both. After I shampoo I use Aph for 2 to 5 min and rinse. Then I DC with ORS for 20min w/ heat and rinse with cold water.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

I just want to be double sure, since the ORS Rep Pack is a "protein" conditioner, do I have to follow it with another hour of my Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle for moisture balance or is the ORS gentle enough to just rinse and proceed with setting my hair?

My bad...I ran across a post that I think answered my question...the ORS pack is a DC. no need to further condition afterwards. Right? I'm just anxious to build stregnth back to my hair and I want to avoid as many mistakes possible.

The Aphogee 2 min reconstructor is what stopped my shedding and breakage. My hair loves ORS replenishing, but it did nothing to stop my hair loss.

Smiley, ORS is a very light protein, there's no way you could get protein overload from using it. No need to follow with a moisturizing dc :)

Thanks Tiffers. Perfect. That's what I wanted to know. I've been happy with the AO Honeysuclkle. But I've been eyeing the ORS pack for a while now...lol. I think I'm gonna try it out on Wed night and if my hair likes it I'll probably rotate btwn the ORS and AO as my DC twice a week.

Tiff: I think you gonna have to adopt me as your "hair child" on this forum....if I ask you oneeeeee more question you gonna claim me as one of your kids next tax return. Dannnng.:lachen::lachen::lachen:

My hair regime (her's)

i started aphogee not long ago thanks to ateyaa

ORS ALL THE WAY, I think aphogee is too strong of a protein and ORS is quite light on the protein so you cant go wrong with that.

Right now i'm sitting at my desk @ work with Aphogee's 2min reconstructor in my hair from roots to tips while in plaits. I cover my hair with a plastic cap, cover with satin cap then with wig cap and throw on my wig. Hoping to let it just sit there till tomorrow evening. I'm relaxing next wk-end and i'm experiencing breakage so i hope this helps to stop my breakage tremendously.

I was thinking to get Aphogee's hard protein treatment but i took the suggestion of the other ladies to start mild first.

Thanks ladies!

When the shedding is bad I say good for the Aphogee, ORS my hai likes but it doesnt stop breakage.

Back