Anyone Use Summit Liv???

Ms. Martina

My mom used this stuff called Summit Liv on our hair growing up, and all of my siblings had long hair that was always at least WL. This was before we were relaxed though...lol. This product would probably be wayyyyy too heavy for straight/relaxed hair. But anyway, when we were natural, she used this stuff only. I didn't know anyone else back then who used it. But I am am now thinking of revisiting this product since I am going natural. Our hair was always so moist and lovely with this stuff. The only thing I hated was the smell...ugh! Other than that, it was heaven in a bottle! Does anyone use this stuff now?? If so, how does it work for your hair?? Do you have any pictures??

This is the one we used...
67124099665549f81b2f65443__93846_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen this product in stores for years but never tried it. I'm curious now, I'll have to try it when I take down my braids.

I posted a thread about this maybe two years ago. I met this woman with a near butt length braid who was all natural. I asked her about her regimen and she told me she washed her hair once a month. Did water rinses or cowashes during the month and used liv as a leave in. As much as I was in awe about her hair I never tried it on my own. I may pick this up one day.

As a child, that was the only thing
my mom used on my hair! If she was to run out of liv, u would be able to tell from my hair not laying right. Its a white cream that lays and smooth the hair down and give it such a nice shine! Nothing comes close to Liv, when it come to caring for the hair!

**Covered Jewel**

Yes my mom used to use this on my hair to make my ponytail lay and smooth my edges. It kept my hair soft even through a rough school day. I still use it now. You don't need to use much, it's super thick.

My friend told me about Liv and that is what she used growing up, but i've never seen it around where I live.

Before anyone goes jumping on a bandwagon (I had to go find it b/c of the key word: waist-length :lachen:), here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidium) , Beeswax, Cetyl Esters, Peg-75 Lanolin, Polisorbate-60, Sodium Borate, Sorbitol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (perfume)

Before anyone goes jumping on a bandwagon (I had to go find it b/c of the key word: waist-length :lachen:), here are the ingredients:

So basically, it's just grease.:look: I might try it because I was thinking about seeing how my hair would respond to grease anyway. (I haven't used grease as a natural since I was about 8-9 years old).

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidium) , Beeswax, Cetyl Esters, Peg-75 Lanolin, Polisorbate-60, Sodium Borate, Sorbitol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (perfume)

Is it difficult to wash out?

Last edited:
I saw Liv in the BSS a few weeks ago and it brought back memories. My mom used it on my hair too. But you are right, that fragrance is not the business...

I remember my moms friend used this on my hair when I was little and she did my hair. Her daughters hair was relaxed and long and she swore by this stuff. I never brought it b cuz $8 for some grease nah..loll

I have this product in my house and it always works if you want a real slick ponytail. This will lay everything down.

Haha I just saw that in the bss. My niece reminded me that they used that on us when we were little. She actually had a jar and I smelled it but it smelled just perfumey to me.

My sis, who's a former stylist- used to KEEP three bottles of this stuff, one in her bathroom, bedroom and car, and a box in the salon! HEr hair was crazy thick and HeAvEEe, but she always kept it between shoulder & apl - i never used it, though.

May just try it on my dd.

Yes, my stylist used to use this on me when i wore a short cut. It made it look really nice and smoothe and wavy. I have some around here somewhere. I just saw it last week. *Off to search*

@make_me_over , @Iluvsmuhgrass , @ms.tatiana ,

Do you ladies ever use it for wash and goes, or is is simply best for slicking hair into a ponytail?? We never wore wash and goes as children, so I only know how it works for putting hair into pigtails and etc. My hair is very thick with thick strands and I'm thinking I will need something heavy to use for my wash and goes once I do my BC. I haven't found anything that I like yet, so I'm hoping this could do the trick. Also, I don't mind the grease factor. If my hair ends up growing as much as it did when I was a kid...it's all good. :lachen:

Last edited:
Back