Anyone Try Muscle Milk??

honeybadgirl

i did yesterday and talk about yum yum:lick::lick:
i 1st heard a few ladies here mention it so when i went in gnc to buy my protein powder i passed it and immediately stopped! the store clerk was telling me it tastes way better than designer whey. i decided to try it. yesterday i mixed it with water and it was yummy. i usually mix my powders with soy milk but since 2 scoops is 350 calories i just used water. today i only used 1 scoop and added soy milk, a banana and strawberries. its sooooooooooo good!! :grin:
for anyone who uses it, how do you like it? what are your results and do you have a fitness goal? i use it as a meal replacement, my breakfast.

2 scoops also contains 32g of protein:yep:

Last edited:
Wow!! I didn't see this in the powder form when I went to GNC. I bought the premade kind and I didn't like it. I tossed it after taking 2 sips of it. What flavor are you using if you don't mind me asking?

MM has great flavors, they are yummy. BUT if you are trying to loose weight I always suggest the MM lights, not as many flavors but still taste better than alot of others PP out there. I hear people say well "i'm using PP but I'm gaining weight" make sure your food intake is on point when using this brand:yep:, even throught its the good fat but its good fat ONLY if you doing the right thing.

Wow!! I didn't see this in the powder form when I went to GNC. I bought the premade kind and I didn't like it. I tossed it after taking 2 sips of it. What flavor are you using if you don't mind me asking?

i picked the chocolate caramel! they had so many yummy ones though

MM has great flavors, they are yummy. BUT if you are trying to loose weight I always suggest the MM lights, not as many flavors but still taste better than alot of others PP out there. I hear people say well "i'm using PP but I'm gaining weight" make sure your food intake is on point when using this brand:yep:, even throught its the good fat but its good fat ONLY if you doing the right thing.

thanks for the heads up! i am doing the "right thing"...98% of the time:yep:
i eat lean proteins, veggies and fruit. oh and of course plenty of water. actually water is the only fluid i drink besides, soy milk and ocassionally tea.
do you use mm on the regular? why were or are you drinking it? to lose, gain, etc?

thanks for the heads up! i am doing the "right thing"...98% of the time:yep:
i eat lean proteins, veggies and fruit. oh and of course plenty of water. actually water is the only fluid i drink besides, soy milk and ocassionally tea.
do you use mm on the regular? why were or are you drinking it? to lose, gain, etc?

I'm no longer using MM. But when my husband and I were it was for bulking reason. Alot of Atheletes use this brand to bulk (football, lacrosse etc.) these guys do alot of eating and WORKING out which is very key when using MM. I have always suggested to people if you're not wroking out and I mean really pushing yoursefl in the gym not the ten pound dumbells, stay with the Lights or Natural MM or the Evopo:yep:. Less fat and sugar. PVL Whey is just as good without the high fat content and not loaded with sugar:yawn:.

I wonder if the powder taste different than the ready made kind b/c that one was disgusting..had an off aftertaste and it was too thick.

I recently tried BSN lean dessert in Cinnamon Roll...very yummy mixed with Vanilla or Chocolate PP.

I'm no longer using MM. But when my husband and I were it was for bulking reason. Alot of Atheletes use this brand to bulk (football, lacrosse etc.) these guys do alot of eating and WORKING out which is very key when using MM. I have always suggested to people if you're not wroking out and I mean really pushing yoursefl in the gym not the ten pound dumbells, stay with the Lights or Natural MM or the Evopo:yep:. Less fat and sugar. PVL Whey is just as good without the high fat content and not loaded with sugar:yawn:.

ok, so i exercise, not like a nut but i do it about 4-5x a week.:look:
whats the difference with the mm and evopro? i saw that in it. i'm going by memory cause i'm not home but i thought it had 2 or 4 grams of sugar and i think 12g carbs, 32g protein, what else....i cant remember. the guy in gnc was telling me the difference btwn mm and mm light. you got something more with mm but i cant remember what he said that made me go with the regular mm. i also see on the bottle how it says drink it before a work out, during, after, before bedtime. now that i can see you gaining weight!!! i'm losing and just want to replace a meal but still get the nutrition i need, mostly the protein.
thanks again girl! anymore comments :)

I wonder if the powder taste different than the ready made kind b/c that one was disgusting..had an off aftertaste and it was too thick.

I recently tried BSN lean dessert in Cinnamon Roll...very yummy mixed with Vanilla or Chocolate PP.

wow that premade stuff must be horrible. i think the powder is delicious! i wanted every drop of it:lachen:
i see mm has an oatmeal too! i want to try that. anybody heard of or tasted that??

GOOd protein:grin:. I thank alot of people get very confused and just buy any protein, there are differnet kinds of PP so choose wisely especailly if you're trying to gain, loose or just maintain. Even for the time of day you take them. MM should never be taken before bed if you're not bulking.

GOOd protein:grin:. I thank alot of people get very confused and just buy any protein, there are differnet kinds of PP so choose wisely especailly if you're trying to gain, loose or just maintain. Even for the time of day you take them. MM should never be taken before bed if you're not bulking.

so why did you say bsn is a good protein. and can you explain the difference of proteins for different reasons? i never heard of bsn

what is that?? see..no no no...i'm sticking with muscle milk!:lachen:
i really like the taste and it says he builds muscles which in turn burns fat.
why were you taking it? or maybe i should ask why are you drinking protein powders? what are you looking to get out of it??

I like BSN because what it offers. Low cards low fat content.

Whey protein generally results in higher rates of protein synthesis - ideal for PWO.

Casein based proteins generally result in lower rates of protein breakdown - likely due to this 'gelling' effect which causes amino acids to trickle more slowly out into the bloodstream. Given many of us go 6-8 hours every night without food, it would be ideal to have something that digested slowly and 'lasted' longer. Contrast this to a highly digestible whey protein, which digests very fast, resulting in a quick rush of amino acids into the blood stream.

Since casein slowly enters the blood stream, it has a negligible impact on protein synthesis. However, as was just said, casein does have a powerful effect in suppressing protein breakdown. This may promote a better protein status over time.

Casein protein may be one of the most thermogenic proteins since it is associated with greater body fat reductions than other types, especially when combined with an exercise program.

what is that?? see..no no no...i'm sticking with muscle milk!:lachen:
i really like the taste and it says he builds muscles which in turn burns fat.
why were you taking it? or maybe i should ask why are you drinking protein powders? what are you looking to get out of it??

Muscle only turns to fat due to more calories taken in and not burning enough.

GNC people are pretty much clueless when it comes down to nutriution not only that they are overpriced:wallbash:.

me me me, I drink Muscle Milk. I drink the Strawberry in powder form, mixed with milk. Its very good. I also work out, so hopefully I wont pack on the extra pounds, although I could use a little in the boob area :blush: :look:.

me me me, I drink Muscle Milk. I drink the Strawberry in powder form, mixed with milk. Its very good. I also work out, so hopefully I wont pack on the extra pounds, although I could use a little in the boob area :blush: :look:.

ITs because it has Mothers Milk. Boobs and butt has alot of fat:lachen::grin:

I'm picking up my Ultra Plus Thick Hair Shake from my herbalist. Muscle Milk sounds promising but I do not need the weight gain. The UPTHS has some sugar in it, but that's o.k. because I won't have to add fruit or anything else but skim milk to make it taste good. I am interested in seeing the results from this, however, so keep me posted. ;)

I'm ordering some muscle milk this friday cause its really good for weight loss. I saw my grocery carry different flavors in a shake lol I'm scared to experiment some I wonder how it tastes like but I will let u know when I try it if I like it else I'm go back to protein shakes hihi

I love muscle milk and tend to use it as a meal replacement (for breakfast or lunch only). I really only like the pre-made ones, the powder just doesnt do it for me. However on the pre-made you have to make sure you shake it well....and I mean very well. The simple one-two-three shake wont work, you'll still end up with chunks with a weird taste. I usually shake for at least 5min, then it's good and smooth. I like the cookies and cream, vanilla cream, and root beer. I havn't tried the chocolate, because most of the times those are the nastiest to me.

I did notice that the instructions on using them is to use 30min before exercising and then again afterward. I've only been using it before working out and I have noticed a difference all over.

I'm ordering some muscle milk this friday cause its really good for weight loss. I saw my grocery carry different flavors in a shake lol I'm scared to experiment some I wonder how it tastes like but I will let u know when I try it if I like it else I'm go back to protein shakes hihi

MM is not good for weight loss. Too much fat too much sugar. It's good for bulking. SORRY someone gave you the wrong informtion. Been working out for almost 20 years and have never heard this.

i even think the package on the box says its good for weight loss. i think it can either way. 2 grams of sugar is not alot. i will look on the internet and post what i find. from all that i have read about it, it can be used to help with muscle, to be lean if you're working out etc. i think its how you use it and what you were looking to accomplish.

i even think the package on the box says its good for weight loss. i think it can either way. 2 grams of sugar is not alot. i will look on the internet and post what i find. from all that i have read about it, it can be used to help with muscle, to be lean if you're working out etc. i think its how you use it and what you were looking to accomplish.

View Specific Product Details:
2.48 Lbs, Banana Creme2.48 Lbs, Bluberries 'n Creme2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Banana Crunch2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Caramel Pecan2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Caramel Swirl2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Malt2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Milk2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Mint Chip2.48 Lbs, Cinnamon Bun2.48 Lbs, Cookies & Creme2.48 Lbs, Creme Brulee2.48 Lbs, Dark Chocolate2.48 Lbs, Dulce De Leche2.48 Lbs, Horchata2.48 Lbs, Mocha Joe2.48 Lbs, Orange Creme2.48 Lbs, Peach Mango2.48 Lbs, Peanut Butter Chocolate2.48 Lbs, Pina Colada2.48 Lbs, Rocky Road2.48 Lbs, Root Beer Float2.48 Lbs, Strawberry Banana2.48 Lbs, Strawberry Milkshake2.48 Lbs, Vanilla Creme20 Packets, Chocolate20 Packets, Chocolate Lover's Delight*20 Packets, Vanilla4.96 Lbs., Chocolate Caramel Swirl4.96 Lbs., Chocolate Milk4.96 Lbs., Cookies N Creme4.96 Lbs., Vanilla Creme

2.48 LbsChocolate MilkSupplement FactsServing Size2Scoops(75g)Servings Per Container15Amount Per ServingCalories350Calories From Fat160% Daily Values*Total Fat18g28%Saturated Fat8g

i found this:
mainstay of effective and convenient nutritional programs for serious athletes, Muscle Milk® is an “evolutionary” muscle formula that promotes efficient fat burning, lean muscle growth and fast recovery from exercise. Designed after human mother’s milk, Muscle Milk® is the perfect and complete protein supplement for your nutritional needs. Lean Lipids™ promote lean muscle growth and ,b>enhance the retention of minerals</B> needed for muscle contraction. The calories are more likely to be burned for muscle energy than stored as fat. There are no empty calories in Muscle Milk®.

Muscle Milk® is arguably America’s favorite protein, and with more than seven flavors to choose from, there’s something for everyone!
Benefits of using Muscle Milk® Ready-to-Drink
Muscle Growth and Repair: EvoPro™ , clinically complete, multi-source balanced protein to support lean, toned muscle

Carbs: Just the right amount of complex, low-sugar, low-glycemic index carbohydrates to fuel a great workout or a busy day

Efficient Energy Production: Lean Lipids™ are special fats that are easily mobilized for workout energy, enhance your body’s fat metabolism and promote protein synthesis, anti-inflammatory effects and mineral retention.

Zero lactose: Muscle Milk® contains no lactose!
Best ways to use Muscle Milk® Ready-to-Drink
Before: Take one serving of Muscle Milk® 45 minutes to one hour prior to training. Muscle Milk® provides the caloric energy needed for intense workouts while flooding nutrients to hungry muscles.
After: Take Muscle Milk® within 30 minutes after workouts, games or events to shift the body from catabolic to anabolic. Muscle Milk® provides nutrients to kick start the recovery process.

supp_mm_rtd_11_and_17oz.jpg

and then on their site i found this:
Muscle Milk®: Nature’s Ultimate Lean Muscle Formula
Leading scientists assessing the true role of fats in increasing lean muscle growth have shown all fats are not created equal. The type of fat determines whether you use it for muscle energy or store it as body fat! The LeanLipids™ used in Muscle Milk® promote fat loss three ways:
  • Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), the predigested “fast burning fats,” are more likely burned for muscle energy and heat than stored as fat. 20% of Muscle Milk lipids are MCTs.
  • Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids are also less likely to be stored as fat. Special enzyme engineering makes these lipids even more functional, promoting anti-inflammatory effects and enhanced mineral retention.
  • Recent research reveals calories with engineered lipids taken before and during workouts promote leanness. It is thought that these calories are used for workout energy, with less deposited as fat.
So, while Muscle Milk may contain slightly more fat than low-fat high-carb products, our Lean Lipids™ are designed to help you get leaner.

EvoPro™—Nature’s Ultimate Protein—Amino Blend
Human milk is composed of unique and highly complex proteins, peptides and amino acids, which promote rapid muscle tissue growth. EvoPro™ includes these alpha and beta micellar caseins, alpha-lactalbumin, lactoferrin, L-glutamine and more. Nature created this precise mix to stimulate muscle growth to higher levels, and EvoPro is the ultimate nitrogen delivery source.

Muscle Milk helps grow muscle faster than gainers, whey or even creatine. This increased muscle growth is possible because Muscle Milk is the first product patterned after Nature’s ultimate anabolic food—human mother’s milk. Locked within the composition of human mother’s milk are long-held secrets to muscle growth potential. We took the next step and actually duplicated these important muscle growth factors into Muscle Milk. Muscle Milk helps you grow muscle like never before.

Benefits of using Muscle Milk®
Efficient Energy Production: Lean Lipids™ are special fats that are easily mobilized for workout energy, enhance your body’s fat metabolism and promote protein synthesis, anti-inflammatory effects and mineral retention.

Muscle Growth and Repair: EvoPro™ is a complex ratio of proteins, peptides and amino acids designed to replicate the amazing benefits of mother’s milk for rapid tissue growth and repair.
Best ways to use Muscle Milk®
Before: Take one serving of Muscle Milk® one hour prior to training. Muscle Milk provides the caloric energy needed for intense workouts while flooding nutrients to hungry muscles.
After: Take Muscle Milk® within 30 minutes after workouts, games or events to shift the body from catabolic to anabolic. Muscle Milk provides nutrients to kick start the recovery process.

supp_mm.jpg

if you're drinking this 3-5times a day AND eating meals too then of course you will gain weight. as a meal replacement and consuming 1200 or so calories with exercise, how could you?

Last edited:
View Specific Product Details:
2.48 Lbs, Banana Creme2.48 Lbs, Bluberries 'n Creme2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Banana Crunch2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Caramel Pecan2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Caramel Swirl2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Malt2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Milk2.48 Lbs, Chocolate Mint Chip2.48 Lbs, Cinnamon Bun2.48 Lbs, Cookies & Creme2.48 Lbs, Creme Brulee2.48 Lbs, Dark Chocolate2.48 Lbs, Dulce De Leche2.48 Lbs, Horchata2.48 Lbs, Mocha Joe2.48 Lbs, Orange Creme2.48 Lbs, Peach Mango2.48 Lbs, Peanut Butter Chocolate2.48 Lbs, Pina Colada2.48 Lbs, Rocky Road2.48 Lbs, Root Beer Float2.48 Lbs, Strawberry Banana2.48 Lbs, Strawberry Milkshake2.48 Lbs, Vanilla Creme20 Packets, Chocolate20 Packets, Chocolate Lover's Delight*20 Packets, Vanilla4.96 Lbs., Chocolate Caramel Swirl4.96 Lbs., Chocolate Milk4.96 Lbs., Cookies N Creme4.96 Lbs., Vanilla Creme

2.48 LbsChocolate MilkSupplement FactsServing Size2Scoops(75g)Servings Per Container15Amount Per ServingCalories350Calories From Fat160% Daily Values*Total Fat18g28%Saturated Fat8g

i dont get it...i'm not following you....

My orginal post did not post WTF, pretty much if you think it works for you, use it:grin:. I'll stay away from it for my reasons unless I'm bulking. Those numbers are not FDA approved so they can post anything. MM has changed their numbers( overnight like I change my Underwear)) over the years because people have complained about the content (fat and sugar). Thats all I will say:yep:.

Back