Anyone Try Muscle Milk??

I love muscle milk and tend to use it as a meal replacement (for breakfast or lunch only). I really only like the pre-made ones, the powder just doesnt do it for me. However on the pre-made you have to make sure you shake it well....and I mean very well. The simple one-two-three shake wont work, you'll still end up with chunks with a weird taste. I usually shake for at least 5min, then it's good and smooth. I like the cookies and cream, vanilla cream, and root beer. I havn't tried the chocolate, because most of the times those are the nastiest to me.

I did notice that the instructions on using them is to use 30min before exercising and then again afterward. I've only been using it before working out and I have noticed a difference all over.

thats great!! then its working for you right?!:grin:

thats great!! then its working for you right?!:grin:

Yep, I'm not as sore after doing weights and cardio on the same day (before I use to mix them up). I've lost weight using the MM; one thing that was good for me was the protein....I wasn't getting enough from my daily foods. I dont want to pack on muscle, but I do want to tone up some. MM also taste a whole lot better than some of the other supplements I've been taking.

Yep, I'm not as sore after doing weights and cardio on the same day (before I use to mix them up). I've lost weight using the MM; one thing that was good for me was the protein....I wasn't getting enough from my daily foods. I dont want to pack on muscle, but I do want to tone up some. MM also taste a whole lot better than some of the other supplements I've been taking.

great!!! 2 thumbs up!!! :lick:i love the taste and its totally packed with protein:grin:. like i said, i only used 1 scoop because i will continue to mix it with soy milk. i slept so much better too. i worked out yesterday and then drank it for lunch. dont know if thats why but i really did feel good this morning:yep:
keep me posted with all your success as i will too!!

I love MM. I've only tried the strawberry flavor. The calories don't really bother me, cuz I'm actually trying to put on some lbs. That's actually the main reason I was drinking it.

<
Muscle Milk Options for Women
Available in powder form, Muscle Milk complete formulas can be added to shakes, cereals, or smoothies, or enjoyed as a simple drink when mixed with juice or water. Calorie-conscious women may want to try Muscle Milk Light; aside from being lower in calories, it can help keep blood-sugar levels at a healthy level so that weight loss is possible.
Consume Muscle Milk at least one hour before training, and immediately follow your workout with another serving to help with recovery. Two to three servings of Muscle Milk throughout the day can work well as a meal replacement or supplement. Convenient Muscle Milk Ready-to-Drink (RTD) formulas are also available, making it simple for even the busiest woman to obtain quality nutrition.
Women looking to rev up their metabolism for weight loss, increase lean muscle mass, or simply enhance their energy throughout the day may find Muscle Milk to be a very beneficial supplement or meal replacement. The variety of Muscle Milk flavors and formulas makes it simple to enjoy it regularly, and it can be introduced into any diet or nutrition program with ease.

Last edited:
I broke down and bought some today. I got the Banana Cream I got the MM Lite. The clerk said that if I didn't like the taste, that I could brink it back and it exchange it for a different flavor.

Muscle Milk Vanilla and Chocolate are two of my favorite flavors. Good stuff, if you don't mind the sugar/fats.

I broke down and bought some today. I got the Banana Cream I got the MM Lite. The clerk said that if I didn't like the taste, that I could brink it back and it exchange it for a different flavor.

you have to let me know how that is, if you like it. i just ordered mm lite online for like 1/2 the price that gnc wants for it. we'll see...
i ordered chocolate peanut butter:lick:

Does taking this give you gas? LOL. I was looking into it to gain some weight and my ex told me I'd get gassy from it....

This usually happens when someone is lactose intolerant and they ingest a product (in this case protein) that has a milk/lactose protien/product in it. It's never made me gassy but my husband....er...um...:look:....:Run: :lachen:

Thanks. I bought the Chocolate Mint or something like that. I'll try it tonight at home in case something goes terribly wrong. I don't want to torture the work folks :lachen:

i did yesterday and talk about yum yum:lick::lick:
i 1st heard a few ladies here mention it so when i went in gnc to buy my protein powder i passed it and immediately stopped! the store clerk was telling me it tastes way better than designer whey. i decided to try it. yesterday i mixed it with water and it was yummy. i usually mix my powders with soy milk but since 2 scoops is 350 calories i just used water. today i only used 1 scoop and added soy milk, a banana and strawberries. its sooooooooooo good!! :grin:
for anyone who uses it, how do you like it? what are your results and do you have a fitness goal? i use it as a meal replacement, my breakfast.

2 scoops also contains 32g of protein:yep:

Yes it really has a good takes. I Love the way it all mixes up. Absolutely no powdery residue at the bottom of the cup.

I don't use MM b/c of the sugar and fats - I primarily use PP shakes as a meal replacement and exercise supplement. I'm supposed to take in 1 gm of protein for ea lb. If you're eating normally and adding a PP shake - you'll probably gain weight - those calories COUNT. I chose to go with another brand b/c the calories when combined with soy milk would be more than some of my meals, and doing low carb means I can't have all that sugar. Don't take PP if you want to lose weight unless you're working out sufficiently for it. Otherwise you will bulk - and alot of that bulk will be water weight - you'll get big but not cut. It depends on what type of protein you use, and how much protein you get from the rest of your diet. Protein builds muscle, but if you're not using it all in workouts it'll be stored like any other excess.

I don't use MM b/c of the sugar and fats - I primarily use PP shakes as a meal replacement and exercise supplement. I'm supposed to take in 1 gm of protein for ea lb. If you're eating normally and adding a PP shake - you'll probably gain weight - those calories COUNT. I chose to go with another brand b/c the calories when combined with soy milk would be more than some of my meals, and doing low carb means I can't have all that sugar. Don't take PP if you want to lose weight unless you're working out sufficiently for it. Otherwise you will bulk - and alot of that bulk will be water weight - you'll get big but not cut. It depends on what type of protein you use, and how much protein you get from the rest of your diet. Protein builds muscle, but if you're not using it all in workouts it'll be stored like any other excess.

thanks Soliel! i drink it as a meal replacement, breakfast. my drink is a total of 235-290 calories depending on what else i may add like fruit. i'm getting the mm lite next too.

I have been drinking these 4 times a week for the last 2 weeks and I love them...the vanilla is my favorite..if anyone knows where to get them cheap, please hook a sista up...I have been paying over 4.00 for each one...my DH found them somewhere 12 for 30.00..that isnt too bad..

I have been drinking these 4 times a week for the last 2 weeks and I love them...the vanilla is my favorite..if anyone knows where to get them cheap, please hook a sista up...I have been paying over 4.00 for each one...my DH found them somewhere 12 for 30.00..that isnt too bad..

12 what for $30???!!!:grin: what size are you talking about?
i found the muscle milk lite and regular one for 20bucks on a1nutrition.com. its the 1.65lb size. at gnc the mm lite is like $34 and the regular is 24.99.
is there an even better deal than a1 out there??
i want to try strawberry. :lick:

12 what for $30???!!!:grin: what size are you talking about?
i found the muscle milk lite and regular one for 20bucks on a1nutrition.com. its the 1.65lb size. at gnc the mm lite is like $34 and the regular is 24.99.
is there an even better deal than a1 out there??
i want to try strawberry. :lick:

I think the 17 oz size one but I am not sure...I will have to find out...they have some really good flavors in the powder formula but I would be upset if I ordered a big thing a powder in a certain flavor and I didnt like it...does the powder taste the same as the pre-made ones?

so how are you making out?? give us an update girl!!!!:grin:
The MM Lite in Banana Cream is very yummy:lick::lick: The only thing I hate about it is that I have to use my blender to mix it all up good. When I use just a spoon or my hand blender/mixer, I still have clumps of powder remaining in the liquid (BTW, I'm using 2% reduced fat milk). But other than that, I'm loving the taste and I'm can't wait to finish this one up so I can go get the chocolate one!!

I think the 17 oz size one but I am not sure...I will have to find out...they have some really good flavors in the powder formula but I would be upset if I ordered a big thing a powder in a certain flavor and I didnt like it...does the powder taste the same as the pre-made ones?

thanks for the link marie, i will check it out most definitely!!!
i have never tasted the premixed kind. i think the powder is simply delicious!!! i will say going from regular mm to mm lite was a big difference. the mm lite doesnt taste as "guilty" as the regular but it is lower in fat, calories and such. BUT it is still plenty good!!
i use chocolate lite soy milk when using chocolate peanut butter mm lite:lick:
i got the cookies n cream mm lite. its ok but not as good as i expected it to be. like, i dont need to buy it again.

also ladies, try to take note of any changes in your hair while drinking it. now that i got my hair texlaxed i can see my growth and i got an inch this month. dont know if it was from the protein powder but normally i get an 1/2 inch. take note of changes in the hair too.

Last edited:
Back