Anyone still use MY HONEY CHILD Type 4 Hair cream??!!!

ronie :lol: Girl trust, we understand. I decided to "sample" the line due to the 50% off sale. A pj.just.couldn't.resist! This is a line I would only get on sale though. Luckily this 16oz of Buttery Soy is gonna last me a while.

And yeah you'd be disappointed with the Olive You since I know you and I stan for SD. You will like Buttery Soy. IDareT'sHair put me on to that gem. What is the something else you got to make it $50? Next time there is a sale, I'll order some of the Type 4.

I had my eye on the bee mine balancing cream but it is pricey, I think you can get the small one for like five dollars but with shipping is it worth it, I rather get a big one and don't have to worry about it for a while

lilmama It is pricey, but worth it imo. I had purchased it last Blk Friday and loved it but was like, "This ish is too expensive," and I wanted to umm....research other lines. I revisited this Blk Friday and I'm wondering why I didn't try it again sooner. This soaks right into my hair without leaving any white like the Qhemet stuff does (even though Qhemet is great too) and leaves the same amount of moisture as QBs.

Last edited:
@Pompous Blue

Have you tried MHC Buttery Soy, Blue?
@IDareT'sHair That's one of the things I didn't get BF 'cause I had to make so many carts and abandon them because of a glitch on her site. It didn't discount all of the 8 oz products. And she set and re-set her site so many times trying to help me. I ended up having to make two orders and by that time, I didn't check behind myself to make sure I got everything I wanted. That was a frustrating 4 hours.....I'll get it next time.

I never tried this but found it for like $8 or 9 at Target and I had to get it and that Algae conditioner! But yeah it nice and moisturizing the consistency reminds me of Qhemet AO creme without glycerin.

You did not just say that!!! Now I have to get it! :look: :lachen:

IDareT'sHair girl listen, I have tried those twistouts with other stuff...major fail! Lol even when I tied my twists down I wake up with dry crunchy hair twists flying all over the place. Lol or I get up with damp hair (glycerin overloaded) thinking Ima have a cute do! Nope have to pull it into a puff before being late for work.

DoDo I got that stuff on sale so the pj in me had to get it...not knowing what the heck I was getting but I love this cream...I've used Qhemet for yrs now I love QB but this Jai cream is good...check Target endcaps "clearance". That's where I found it recently...So glad I did :)

I use Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm and Design Essentials Super Moisturizing Conditioner are my go-to DCs. Especially the Joico. Makes my hair like butter

ronie :lol: Girl trust, we understand. I decided to "sample" the line due to the 50% off sale. A pj.just.couldn't.resist! This is a line I would only get on sale though. Luckily this 16oz of Buttery Soy is gonna last me a while. And yeah you'd be disappointed with the Olive You since I know you and I stan for SD. You will like Buttery Soy. IDareT'sHair put me on to that gem. What is the something else you got to make it $50? Next time there is a sale, I'll order some of the Type 4.
Yes it sounds like I'm gonna like it. I got the honey hair cream as the 3rd product. All 3 items were 8 oz at 18$ each. My total was $54 with free shipping. Can't wait to try them.

The last thing I need is another hair product but yall have me wanting to get this type 4 creme and the price tag is kinda high. Decisions decisions!!

^^^KinkyRN
Get it a sample from my MYHC for 8.95 (free shipping) I want try that Buttery Soy...I don't know how often MYHC has sales...But CurlMart has 20/30% off or ship free quite often.

I recently got the Type 4 hair creme. I used it on my bantu knotouts during the Thanksgving holiday, after watching Youtube Joulezy use on her bantu knots. I got a lot of compliments on my curly fro and wanting to know how I achieve this style. I never get compliments on my loose hair from family. :grin:

Last edited:
Got my stuff yesterday. I don't know if i like the minty scent from the type 4 yet. I had a date this weekend so i did not use it because of the smell. But i loooooove buttery soy. I am the most heavy handed person on earth. So if i tell you a little goes a long way, please listen, lol. It has a super nice creamy texture, faint smell (just how i like them).
I used it to braid my hair, and my braid out came out super soft and shiny. I did put in some medium twists on damp hair with nourish and shine on thursday, so i already had some nice definition (with major shrinkage) to start with. I only braided to give me a little elongation. Thanks Froreal3 and gorgeoushair. I will try the type 4 and honey hair cream after i wash my hair. I seriously need to stop getting new stuff so i can hide my hair in 2014.
I keep getting an error message, so i cant post the pictures.

myhoneychild.com

From facebook:

Enjoy 10% off until December 30th.
Enter MC10 in the coupon box when checking out

I'm ordering the (16 oz.) Buttery Soy and probably one other thing (haven't made up my mind)

Okay, I washed and condition my hair and apply my leave in and sealed with the type 4 creme, have this creme made your curls pop on the end of a two strand twist? And make your hair feel wetter? Is this how properly sealed hair supposed to act?

@flygirlll2 thank you, it is just that everyone has been raving about type 4, do you think the type 3 and buttery soy could work as well? I have VERY dry high po type 4c hair....

Ms Faith @faithVA that's how i wanted to use it, to seal my KCKT leave-in...my hair is not retaining moisture at all and i don't want to use Shea butter anymore( too heavy/difficult to cowash out/sticky hair). Been using Avo butter and recently ordered Capaucu butter mix...

8 months into HHJ and still trying to find staples but i know now hair hates : protein/coconut and so-so to Shea

@faithVA

@YesToHair! I'm currently transitioning
(21 months post) and my hair is very finicky in general which is why I'm always looking for the next product. My hair is hit or miss with coconut oil but the Type 4 Hair Cream works well for me as a sealant.

I haven't tried any of the other MHC products. My hair tends to be dry as well but lately I've been mouisturising with Bekura Honey Latte Detangling Milk and Qhemet Biologics Amla Olive Heavy Cream which has left my hair moisturized for a few days.

Back