Anyone part Caribbean? Whats your hair type?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
My dad and his part of the family is from St. Lucia. My mom's from St. Louis (MO)...hehe. her parents were from the south. N e way, as yall know, I'm transitioning and wondering what my hair type is like....I cannot tell just yet.

I was just wondering if any of yall have a similar makeup as I do. Whats your natural hair like? Whats the texture and stuff like? Just wonderin'.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well just like African-Americans, Caribbean ppl come in all different shades and with all the different hair types. I think I have all the hair the hair types from 1-4 in my family alone. Just looking at your family will give you your possibilities. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm Jamaican and my hair is mostly 4a with some 3c parts. My children however, are 3c all over. West Indians are in fact black and some of us have mixed heritages just like AA's. I for one have a BUNCH of Chiney people in my family.

Yeah, i think it differs depending on the person. My husband's Jamaican and his hair looks like what i call "jewish hair" when it's big and curly but when he cuts it down it sticks out straight from his head like asian peoples hair when they cut it short. I'm gonna have to ask his mom what's up with that... /images/graemlins/look.gif -- jainygirl

PittGirl06 my family too is from the caribbean. My mom is from Trinidad and my father is from Bermuda and Guess what my brother is Guyanise. What a mix up! But I think my hair is a 3c. My hair is very wavy at the roots but the crown is another story. But the overall combination of hair in my family ranges from 1-4a. Depending on how the Indie blood gene takes over(Haha).

Like NurseN98 said, look to your family to see all the possibilites. my parents are from the west indies and my family is of mixed blood with different skin colors and hair types ranging from 1-4. My own hair is type 4 with some weird loose texture at the crown and front area.

[ QUOTE ]
kombov_dymond said:
Frizz, whatever hairtype you have girl, it sure is purty! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Thank You Kombov.

I'm part Bajan and my hair is 4a, but my famliy has all types of hair. And are all shades of brown too. We all tend to have thick (strands & density) hair.

I agree also with the other ladies, my Caribbean family hair type is so diverse. My father is Jamaican and has jet black thick hair and my hair type is 4b.

My father is from Guyana and my mother is from St. Vincent with roots in Barbados and Trinidad. A huge mix! /images/graemlins/smile.gif My hair is 4A/B.

Back